oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   UK Short Course Nationals (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Team associated short course truck (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172072)

Team 36 19-09-2015 08:26 PM

Team associated short course truck

As anyone brought the new short course truck by team associated what are your thoughts about one thinking about buying one are they any good??

Justingt5 21-09-2015 11:15 AM

A few drivers had the new truck at A1, first opinions were good from what I heard, a big improvement over the outgoing model.

Slider SCT 21-09-2015 05:58 PM

It's about time associated joined the mid motor party they're only a few years behind the other manufacturers!.
I can't give you a definite answer is I race a Durango 210 and haven't driven the sc5m, however I watched a few of them at the last national and they looked at home on astro.
Obviously a lot is down to the set up and driver but compared to the rear motored predecessor it looked better from what I saw. Wether it's a better truck than the competition is yet to be seen

eddy.44 22-01-2016 01:17 AM

It's a b5m with longer wishbones and chassis with a short course shell looks the truck to have for 2016

Mark A 25-01-2016 10:57 PM

I'm really enjoying the sc5m but they need a bit of weight up front, 3 of us race together and we all have different set ups and different driving styles.

Robbiejuk 25-01-2016 11:19 PM

Just need some decent tyres up front Mark :thumbsup: Mine does feel a bit floaty at the moment but I love it. Good steering, good traction and you get all the bits you need in the box. Seriously good truck. Spares are cheap to.

Only things I am not to keen on is the slipper clutch. I think the truck would be better with a V2 instead of the VTR. Seriously contemplating the 3 gear box for the high grip tracks on the calendar to.

Not so in love with the flotek bodyshell either. Mine has major cracks already! Good excuse to get another one though with a proper paintjob.

Get one! you won't regret it.

Justingt5 02-02-2016 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robbiejuk (Post 939009)
Just need some decent tyres up front Mark :thumbsup: Mine does feel a bit floaty at the moment but I love it. Good steering, good traction and you get all the bits you need in the box. Seriously good truck. Spares are cheap to.

Only things I am not to keen on is the slipper clutch. I think the truck would be better with a V2 instead of the VTR. Seriously contemplating the 3 gear box for the high grip tracks on the calendar to.

Not so in love with the flotek bodyshell either. Mine has major cracks already! Good excuse to get another one though with a proper paintjob.

Get one! you won't regret it.

If the TEKNO 2wd conversion is too much of a tank and ends up being a total flop I will probably get one of these for the young un. Start him off with what I have in the workshop to see if he will stick with at first though :)