oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vintage RC (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Lazer zxr (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26223)

Ema 19-10-2011 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moth898 (Post 568611)
Hey Iso, not to sound ungrateful but did you send those blue c hubs to the right address?

For sure he sent them to the right address ...... I received mine :woot: :woot: :woot: .
Sorry for the joke, but it was too funny ;) .

Bye
Ema
P.S. Just joined the Iso's bitches club ...

Welshy40 19-10-2011 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ema (Post 568734)
Not really cheap, however really nice and it is also possible to choose the color :thumbsup: !!!

Ebay items:

Bye
Ema

Bit sceptical about the belt tensioner, how the hell does it work and am unsure if its a replacement for the rear top deck mount or something else?

I actually think my design on the L brace is much better and cheaper.:thumbsup:

rondoolaa 19-10-2011 01:30 PM

by looking at the zxr manual and comparing it with the part in auction i'd say its definatly a replacement for the centre upper deck mount, the part that comes in 2 pieces,

oosh123 19-10-2011 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welshy40 (Post 569338)
Bit sceptical about the belt tensioner, how the hell does it work and am unsure if its a replacement for the rear top deck mount or something else?

I actually think my design on the L brace is much better and cheaper.:thumbsup:

I believe it is a replacement for the Upper Deck Mount (B) and the Mount Collar (A) in the Lazer ZX manual.

The bearing should be sitting on the top (the left side in the picture is the top)

isobarik 20-10-2011 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oosh123 (Post 569460)
I believe it is a replacement for the Upper Deck Mount (B) and the Mount Collar (A) in the Lazer ZX manual.

The bearing should be sitting on the top (the left side in the picture is the top)

That should be an correct description of usage. :)
Think i have to order that ......damn.........
Wonder of he would be interested in making the reardeck ( la-31 ) mount and the motorplate also ....

mvh Isobarik

Welshy40 20-10-2011 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isobarik (Post 569780)
That should be an correct description of usage. :)
Think i have to order that ......damn.........
Wonder of he would be interested in making the reardeck ( la-31 ) mount and the motorplate also ....

mvh Isobarik

I still am very sceptical as its fixed and doesnt account for belt stretching unlike my L brace design where its better suited and doesnt cost the earth.

Also looks very much like my top deck mount design two piece Manolis made me for my zxs, so maybe be a new supplier of alloy parts which is good.

oosh123 20-10-2011 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welshy40 (Post 570180)
I still am very sceptical as its fixed and doesnt account for belt stretching unlike my L brace design where its better suited and doesnt cost the earth.

Also looks very much like my top deck mount design two piece Manolis made me for my zxs, so maybe be a new supplier of alloy parts which is good.

I don't think the bearing is fixed. If you looking carefully where the bolt is, you can see lights (in the dark area) are coming thru the part. I would assume there is a slot there, where you can adjust the height of the bearing.

I am all for the L brace design. I also made one myself, but its giving tension from the bottom, not the top.

Welshy, plastic injection is too expensive for the front gear box. I am machining it out of Aluminum 7075.

http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/.../Gearbox-1.jpg

There will be a think lexan that goes in the groove in the middle to keep dirts out. I am refining the design to make it more manufacturable. I will send you a set to abuse with once I am done.

isobarik 21-10-2011 04:33 AM

Oosh looking good sign me up for one when youre done.

mvh Isobarik

Welshy40 21-10-2011 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oosh123 (Post 570243)
I don't think the bearing is fixed. If you looking carefully where the bolt is, you can see lights (in the dark area) are coming thru the part. I would assume there is a slot there, where you can adjust the height of the bearing.

I am all for the L brace design. I also made one myself, but its giving tension from the bottom, not the top.

Welshy, plastic injection is too expensive for the front gear box. I am machining it out of Aluminum 7075.

http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/.../Gearbox-1.jpg

There will be a think lexan that goes in the groove in the middle to keep dirts out. I am refining the design to make it more manufacturable. I will send you a set to abuse with once I am done.

Great idea, similar to the zxs design.

oosh123 21-10-2011 07:02 AM

Quotes are in for the kevlar corded polyurethane belts.

$25 USD a set + shipping.

Still interested?

I am asking about the colours now.

Welshy40 21-10-2011 01:28 PM

Had a word with Fibrelyte and have redesigned the front tower, only fractionally but hope also that they extra hole is back on. When I get it I will fit and send pics.

Ive also redesigned my owbe version top deck as if I am using my L brace belt tensioner and decide more tension the front of the belt hits the back of the front brace on the deck so I have moved the brace more back wards to give more freedom for the belt to move properly.

Finally the new gear box development is starting for the rear end of the car, this will be when finished after testing and developing the only one gear box you will ever need. Its going to be carbon fibre, and is going to be a work of art.

isobarik 21-10-2011 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oosh123 (Post 570362)

Still interested?

Interested depending on colour.

mvh Isobarik

oosh123 21-10-2011 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welshy40 (Post 570598)
Had a word with Fibrelyte and have redesigned the front tower, only fractionally but hope also that they extra hole is back on. When I get it I will fit and send pics.

Ive also redesigned my owbe version top deck as if I am using my L brace belt tensioner and decide more tension the front of the belt hits the back of the front brace on the deck so I have moved the brace more back wards to give more freedom for the belt to move properly.

Finally the new gear box development is starting for the rear end of the car, this will be when finished after testing and developing the only one gear box you will ever need. Its going to be carbon fibre, and is going to be a work of art.

Can't wait to see it!

When will it be available?

oosh123 22-10-2011 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oosh123 (Post 570362)

Still interested?

Colours are...

http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/...123/COLORS.jpg

Any of the above. Ignore the descriptions.

Welshy40 22-10-2011 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oosh123 (Post 570636)
Can't wait to see it!

When will it be available?

First cad drawings are being started now, one we have found the right way then the proto will be built so unsure. My goal is by mid year 2012 to get this done.

oosh123 22-10-2011 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welshy40 (Post 571000)
First cad drawings are being started now, one we have found the right way then the proto will be built so unsure. My goal is by mid year 2012 to get this done.

If you need any help, I am definitely willing to help. 3D modeling, machining, anything.

isobarik 26-10-2011 03:04 PM

Just had to buy the blue aluminum mount from pargu should be in my hands soon will post some pics.

mvh Isobarik

rondoolaa 26-10-2011 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isobarik (Post 572941)
Just had to buy the blue aluminum mount from pargu should be in my hands soon will post some pics.

mvh Isobarik

cant wait to see what you make of it,

isobarik 26-10-2011 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rondoolaa (Post 573028)
cant wait to see what you make of it,

I will make an pedistal where i can chain my b*****s that owes me money ....:woot:

... not really shall put it on the chassi i got from Ema and make another lazer zxr....have already ordered the la-245 shall see if they are a direct fit or....

mvh Isobarik

isobarik 27-10-2011 07:56 AM

Hi there just incase any one that wants to see my tachy paintjob...:D

http://proxy1.pixbox.se/arkivet/synl...32785617.jpg?0

And yes the camera is crap.

And yes i know i dont have that artistic feeling.....

but it was very much appreciated. :thumbsup:

And yes i know that the front uj´s are missing since they have flead to signorio borginio spagetthi...:thumbsup:

Switched to sp-107 in the rear and 39655 for steering missing the
la-235 so i cant put on the la-219.7 :D

mvh Isobarik