oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vintage RC (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Lazer zxr (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26223)

Panic 12-08-2009 05:13 AM

Hey guys , i know it might sound insane but i m trying to find a carbon fibre tub chassis for my ZXR ...I read somewhere that in the past a chassis like that existed . I ve emailed fibrelyte if they had something ...but no luck.

Any ideas ?:confused:

Welshy40 12-08-2009 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panic (Post 274242)
Hey guys , i know it might sound insane but i m trying to find a carbon fibre tub chassis for my ZXR ...I read somewhere that in the past a chassis like that existed . I ve emailed fibrelyte if they had something ...but no luck.

Any ideas ?:confused:

Contact Stephen at fibre-lyte, and ask if he can dig out the design for the first carbon fibre tub chassis ever made for the ZXR (mk1 version) that was designed for James Instone in the early 90's. He should be able to find it, and it works like a dream on the car. I would recommend asking for the cell holes to be filled in if your going to use lipos, as it was designed with the original with cell holes in the chassis like a flat chassis.

Hope this helps. If you get no where let me know by PM and I will see what I can do.

terry.sc 12-08-2009 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panic (Post 274242)
I read somewhere that in the past a chassis like that existed.

Yeah, it was made by Fibre-Lyte.

If you can persuade them to make one for you expect it to cost £120-150 though!

Welshy40 12-08-2009 08:12 PM

Im going to have one made for my zx-s in the near future. Itll be a blinder like my design for the zxr tub. Still deciding what else to add to it.

isobarik 13-08-2009 11:09 AM

I have also emailed fiberlyte about an tube chassi but they said thet they didnt had any mold.:(

mvh isobarik

Welshy40 13-08-2009 11:28 AM

Ive just had a chat with them and its not that they dont have it, more that they dont have the time at the moment to look for the molds.

They will when they have some time look for me but as and when that is going to happen is another thing. These guys work hard and are always busy but they will look sometime soon (lets hope anyway).

Cost will definately be around the £120 - £150 mark. If you think its pricey then look at it this way, the chassis wont break and the bodyshell lifespan is x 4 as the chassis doesnt flex or break like the undershell.

Hehe just think if Jason Green hadnt stood on my ZX chassis and broken my top deck and esc the tub may not have been out as early as 93. Its sides were high to protect the esc and servo from people standing on the chassi when marshalling.

Panic 13-08-2009 04:49 PM

For me its worth spending the money, even though i dont use the car in the track anymore....zxr was my 1st rc car and i still love it :drool:. Guess we just have to wait and see...hope fibre lyte make it soon.

Welshy40 13-08-2009 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panic (Post 274874)
For me its worth spending the money, even though i dont use the car in the track anymore....zxr was my 1st rc car and i still love it :drool:. Guess we just have to wait and see...hope fibre lyte make it soon.

I will be dealing with them quite a bit over the next couple of months so will keep trying.

isobarik 14-08-2009 08:26 AM

Yeah im in for an tub chassi....

mvh Isobarik

bryn 14-08-2009 06:33 PM

hi folks. i'm in the carbonfibre business. all proper autoclave cured pre-preg stuff. i may be able to help if you are struggling with your carbon tubs. i could do them for a trade? (old lazers, ultimas, schumachers, tamiyas and possibly brushless bits)

cheers,
bryn

isobarik 23-08-2009 05:00 PM

and then we come to the problem we have to seperate us from oure preciuss cars..:D

http://proxy1.pixbox.se/arkivet/synl...0/29125790.jpg

I have fitted the la118 and some good looking correct size spur from rwracing looks kind of nice but i dont have an body ...yet...

mvh Isobarik

Ema 03-09-2009 08:50 AM

Is someone still searching for a tub chassis ?
Check out this link ;) :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=250492153284

Bye
Ema

isobarik 03-09-2009 11:49 AM

damn that red belt look sexy.:woot:...why cant i find one ???

hm ...hm or pink i got to start searching.

mvh isobarik

malkusson 03-09-2009 03:36 PM

I remember those red belts, bought them because I was told they would last "forever". And forever in my case was four runs then it snapped....
I think it was WASP that made them...????
But they look cool so for a shelf-queen it's a "must have"

//Kenneth

terry.sc 03-09-2009 05:15 PM

I ran a set of the 'low friction' WASP orange belts. The rear lasted no more than 3 weeks before having all the teeth stripped off it.

isobarik 03-09-2009 05:16 PM

Ja visst var det så men fn det ser ju så mycket coolare ut med en röd eller ännu bättre rosa.

Kommer ihåg att på sm skarpnäck för hundra år sedan gick remmen av innan målgång vilket gjorde att bilen snurrade samt att han blev inte etta som han säkert hade tänkt sig.....surt sa räven...

ngt tips att få caten att hålla och inte få in en massa sten i bakremen.

m,vh isobarik

Welshy40 03-09-2009 06:27 PM

I never ran them, as the word at the time was if you didnt get the tension right they stripped. Not worth the agro considering the standard items lasted a very long time. I got through two or three belts in ten years and thats three club events and a race event every week.

isobarik 04-09-2009 05:37 AM

but they did look good welsh at leats you can agree on that.
i remeber when i was at the swedish nationals not driving just as mechanic for a friend who was driving an procat.
Anyway there was an guy driving an lazer zxr he had an belt like thet and it snapped just before the finish line so instead of finish first i think he was 8 that sucked i belive....

mvh isobarik

Welshy40 05-09-2009 04:20 PM

Hehehe gutted. :thumbdown:

isobarik 07-09-2009 08:02 AM

Since i dont have any body for any of my lazers
i played around and started building this

http://proxy1.pixbox.se/arkivet/synl...0/29299230.jpg

Equalizer shocks and fiberlyte front shock tower have order one for the rear aswell and un hyperclutch set LAW 12
It already has balldiffs and composit craft chassi and carbon topdeck technacraft rods and losi ends so i think i just add the clutch, blue steering and the teamline hubs.

mvh isobarik