oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vintage RC (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Lazer zxr (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26223)

isobarik 17-12-2017 01:03 PM

I have been busy with other stuff like estate developing but i still sesrching the web for parts and have plans for My lazers .

Mvh isobarik

Welshy40 01-01-2018 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isobarik (Post 981915)
I have been busy with other stuff like estate developing but i still sesrching the web for parts and have plans for My lazers .

Mvh isobarik

Happy new year matey, me to. Ive built a ZX and just fulfilling the front tower design to complete it. Also just built a ZXRR and just waiting on tie rods and the chassis to complete it. Once done then onto the MK1 ZXR and maybe try to do the towers for the touring car and then im done with the collection and then back to tinkering with the ZXRS.

isobarik 31-01-2018 01:00 PM

Whats this ???

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Parma-Tomca...oAAOSw301aWTEv

Thats not an tomcat body soo what is it ???

Med vänlig hälsning, iso

isobarik 31-01-2018 01:17 PM

Could it be an A&L ???

Mvh iso

Welshy40 01-03-2018 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isobarik (Post 983747)
Could it be an A&L ???

Mvh iso

Could be a Parma, but dont think it a&l either. Still lokks good, i did have one but the spur does hit the shell which was a pain.

Kyosho_fan 06-03-2018 10:11 AM

ZXS Parts

Hi,

Does anybody have part LA-107 for me please?
Sent me a private message

Also need LA-103 but i assume i will not find that one.

hope anybody can help me. Welshy allready helped me with some other parts. Big thanks for that ;-)

Best regards
Sergio

isobarik 07-03-2018 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyosho_fan (Post 985226)
Hi,

Does anybody have part LA-107 for me please?
Sent me a private message

Also need LA-103 but i assume i will not find that one.

hope anybody can help me. Welshy allready helped me with some other parts. Big thanks for that ;-)

Best regards
Sergio

anything fun to trade with ???

mvh iso

suparajicon 07-03-2018 08:46 PM

I have seen some vintage ZX-R had associated shocks. Anyone knows the exact shock body and shaft size that can be used?

Welshy40 07-03-2018 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suparajicon (Post 985295)
I have seen some vintage ZX-R had associated shocks. Anyone knows the exact shock body and shaft size that can be used?

Think i had b4 shocks on mine, also tried b2 as well but you may need to get long ball joints.

isobarik 08-03-2018 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suparajicon (Post 985295)

As welshy Said i think b4!is a straight fit.

Mvh iso

Kyosho_fan 08-03-2018 09:54 AM

ZX Legend

But whas that not the Lazer legend? The prototype of the actual first lazer ZX?

don't believe I saw any ZX-R with asso shocks?

Greetz

isobarik 08-03-2018 02:54 PM

Easy for the americans to have stuff that have in the pit like Joel johnssons lazer zxr in -93 that had losi shocks looked awsome

Welsh you dont have any more pics of Joel Johnsons zxr ???

Mvh iso

Welshy40 08-03-2018 09:37 PM

Mmm, unsure where i put it, but yes various drivers opted for associated and losi. I will look this wekend and see if ive got both mine and his. Howett i think may have had associated as well as Mike Dunn.

suparajicon 10-03-2018 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welshy40 (Post 985366)
Mmm, unsure where i put it, but yes various drivers opted for associated and losi. I will look this wekend and see if ive got both mine and his. Howett i think may have had associated as well as Mike Dunn.

would love to see those pics! Thanks!

Ubiquitous 11-03-2018 10:24 PM

OT-16 vs OT-211

Dear Lazer Fans,
I am new in this forum and I am looking for some help to repair my Lazer zx. Do you know if the Optima 2016 OT-211 knuckle arms are the same as the old OT-16?
Thanks in advance,
Ubi

isobarik 12-03-2018 06:10 AM

Yeah they are the same the old plastic is still avalaible but different part number.

mvh iso

Ubiquitous 13-03-2018 11:22 PM

Thanks iso, I got the OT211 on ebay as they are much cheaper than the old OT-16.
Ubi

isobarik 14-03-2018 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubiquitous (Post 985616)
Thanks iso, I got the OT211 on ebay as they are much cheaper than the old OT-16.
Ubi

yeah makes things easier.

in stead of getting the 39655 steering the blue one you can get the same in black
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kyosho-LA36...s/162451922665

the new part number i LA361 but if you flip it the number 39655 is still printed so same mold.

mvh isobarik

skrylle 15-03-2018 07:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi everybody,

I just got infected to come back to RC-Cars after 20 years of absence. I just bought and builded a re-re of the Tamiya Top Force and decided then to dig my old Lazer ZX-R out of my parents cellar and restore it as my 2nd project.

I found this Lazer very messed up, but therefore pretty cheap, on a rummage table when I was appr. 15 years old and "dominated" our private hobby league with this monster. We drove all low budget cars from tamiya back then (since we were all 15 and poor), and this Lazer was playing in a complete different league. After some years we went away from driving RC cars and I put the Lazer in a box and it rotted there since then.

Two weeks ago, I digged it out and bought a second Lazer ZX-R on ebay with a bunch of spare parts as well as a new body replica from a guy in UK and now I want to combine the best of both cars to one car in good shape.

Some questions to you guys:

• How can I dissassemble the rear hubs? In particular, I want to renew the ball bearings inside and therefore have to separate the rear Wheel shaft and the Hex (called "drive washer" in my manual). My manual does not give me any information about it. It just looks like the wheel shaft is just pushed into the hub and the hex is then sticked over it from the other side. But in my case, it doesnt move nor I can turn/screw it out. I even broke both Wheel shafts by trying to losen and turn it (i also used WD40, because I thought I am fighting against rust etc.). I attached two pictures to describe my problem better.
  • What kind of ball bearings should I use and where to buy? I found different pre-configurated sets for the Lazer ZX-R, particulary
  • rubber sealed (black or blue - just a difference in color?)
  • metal sealed
  • electric (?)
what is the best option? Is there any difference or is one ball bearing as good as the others? And - is there any seller in Europe or Germany? For me, it sounds mad to buy a set of bearings in Hong Kong or USA. Probably they will be 4 weeks under way...
  • With the 2nd Lazer I bought on ebay I got a set of gold shocks. I am just not sure, if they are at the original size, since this car was used as a on-road touring car. At least, they are shorter than my shocks, which on the other side are not the original ones. So my question: how long are the "long" and "medium" Kyosho gold shocks?
  • Where can I by spare-sealings/rubber-pressure-tops for the gold-shocks?
  • Can I easily dissassemble the ball differentials? According to my manual, they came assembled, but I can feel that there is sand in it. I am just too scared to open and never be able to assemble again....
  • Just a general question: I want to lube everything up, but the manual does not give me any information about any lubing procedure. Is there some kind of all-purpose-lube I can buy in a big ammount? Or do I have to buy this insanely expensive 1000€/g specialized gear-greases from Tamiya etc.?
Thats it for the moment, sorry for rushing this thread with some naive beginner-questions...

Cheers

Ubiquitous 19-03-2018 08:13 PM

Hi Skrylle,

To remove the hexes, you can stick a slot screwdriver between the hex and the bearing and gently push towards the hub.

For the bearings, you can find tons of videos on youtube comparing bearings for rc cars. In short, if you just want to play with your car you should go for rubber sealed steel but if you want to compete ceramic is what you want.

The small shocks are approx 7.5 cm long (full length) and the long shocks are about 10.5 cm long.

The ball diffs are not too difficult to assemble, you can find the instructions in http://www.retromodelisme.com/manuel...-r-kyosho.html

Have fun with your project.

Ubi