oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   News (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   RHR DIRT - 10th Off Road Clay in the UK (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93815)

jimmy 17-02-2012 11:06 PM

RHR DIRT - 10th Off Road Clay in the UK

A new 1/10th off road clay track has been born in the UK - RHR DIRT is based at the same venue as the well respected regular BRCA National venue, RobinHood Raceway.

650 tons of dirt went into the new track which resides right next to the existing all-weather astroturf track - with a brand new 30ft rostrum and new race control.

There's a track cover to protect it from the worst the English weather can throw at it - and protect race meetings during intermittent rain showers.

The track owners have agreed a control tyre to be used at all meetings on the track, which has been tested extensively, to make racing fair and cost effective - more on this to be announced later.

The first BIG race on the new track will be the oOple invernational - yes, it's on DIRT.

fidspeed 17-02-2012 11:15 PM

"Hell Yeah"

looking forward to seing some action on there:thumbsup:

Fid

nottmboy 17-02-2012 11:16 PM

:woot:

mark christopher 17-02-2012 11:19 PM

Is the track electric only?

Looks ace rear or mid motor will be the question

Jimmy was looking forward to astro racing lol but dirt is good.

James best book a euros or worlds now then

jimmy 17-02-2012 11:21 PM

Yes, electric off road.

Cardnim 17-02-2012 11:34 PM

Astro baaaaaad.
Dirt good.
:thumbsup:

RDG 40 17-02-2012 11:35 PM

Loooks awesome!

Well done james and crew !! That is a amazing amount of work all gone into that!! Pretty gobsmacked tbh!! Top draw all that from pure volounteering basis and time given up let alone the cost of it all !!

Mayb stayin losi 22 was a good idea ;-)

Crccc.ie 17-02-2012 11:46 PM

Hi there, what type of dirt was used, normal top soil, clay what?
.......... crccc.ie

jimmy 17-02-2012 11:47 PM

It's clay, James can probably tell you exactly where it's from but I believe he tested a few samples before choosing one.

gainsy 17-02-2012 11:48 PM

Looks like gold dust to me :D
Great job rhr :thumbsup:

raymondkerr 17-02-2012 11:56 PM

Omg! This is amazing, when do the entries open? I think the whole of Scotland want to race. :thumbsup:

bruce540150 18-02-2012 12:06 AM

and i am 1 of them :woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

jameswilkinson7 18-02-2012 12:11 AM

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Great work guys this is amazing news!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

brooksy 18-02-2012 12:54 AM

Ooooooooh that looks nice!!!:woot:

Looks like I'm going to have to get myself a rear motored car now.

Come on Jimmy,when can we start booking in for this????.:thumbsup:

James 18-02-2012 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crccc.ie (Post 622241)
Hi there, what type of dirt was used, normal top soil, clay what?
.......... crccc.ie

It is pure 'blue' clay - the same as Vaasa, we did LOTS of research and tested around a dozen samples and actually acquired genuine clay samples from some of the best dirt tracks around the world to compare so we made sure we had exactly the right stuff :thumbsup: it took a while to find in the quantity we required but we sourced it from a brickworks.. We started the project in October and hence have had very limited testing on 'dry' clay, the track works very well when damp and grip levels are excellent unlike some other samples of clay that were tested, its just a fantastic surface to drive on, take my word for it :D
An enormous amount of credit must go to RICHARD COATES, STEVE PIERCE and BEN JEMISON who have put many, many hours in to the project so far, with assistance from Graham Hunter and Stu Evans, the track and venue aren't finished yet but we have the full RHR team including Graham North, Jim Dixon, Shane Foot and co available now to get the venue finished off into something really special and unique which will officially open in JUNE :thumbsup:

jaysllim 18-02-2012 01:00 AM

It looks amazing so pat on the back to all invloved and I would love to do the first event,but without trying to be a stick im the mud(or clay lol)but is there any chance there would any way of getting a wheelchair up on the rostrum? Soz to keep asking ppl this.

J

James 18-02-2012 01:05 AM

If wheelchair or similar access is required please contact me and I will make sure something is arranged. Some of you may remember that the original Blyth site only developed due to Phil Allcroft and family who often uses a wheelchair, we haven't had anyone request it so far but yes we would of course come up with a solution (the ramp angle would be a little steep due to the height of the rostrum, but a cherry picker or similar can be arranged as long as we know :thumbsup: )

bigred5765 18-02-2012 01:08 AM

:thumbsup:wow awesome work guys the track looks amazing,:thumbsup:
national track may be?????

James 18-02-2012 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark christopher (Post 622225)
Is the track electric only?

Looks ace rear or mid motor will be the question

Jimmy was looking forward to astro racing lol but dirt is good.

James best book a euros or worlds now then

2014 Euros is the soonest we can apply... Who knows!?

jaysllim 18-02-2012 01:09 AM

Kul as soon as the dates are released I will b putting in a entry,and thank u james for answering so quick I understand ramps can b steep but theres always some one to push lol,but ye like I say asoon as dates ill b putting in my entry,by the way do I get a discount if I show my blue badge lol

Jay