oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   North East (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Batley regional (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=599)

Stu 15-05-2006 09:37 PM

Batley regional

Copied over from the off-topic Northy fool on the Bury thread.......

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northy
Stu - Batley - Beer? :confused: Road sign???? :o

:D :D :D :D

Do I need to ask in sign language?:jimmeh

Yes, Yes & Yes.

We'll be there all weekend, towing pubs.

PaulRotheram 15-05-2006 09:55 PM

fool or tool? :D

im trying to attempt to come to batley as a guest on the saturday, then back to southport for final prep on the track for the national on the sunday.

Chrislong 16-05-2006 03:23 PM

Paul,
Southport track should be closed for use this weekend. There is a rule stipulated by the BRCA that a national track should be closed for practice from 1 week of the national.

emzy 16-05-2006 04:05 PM

I think he means prep as in track prep... not car prep on the track... right Paul?

emzy 16-05-2006 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northy
Road sign???? :o

Will you keep it for me for my wall this time? :)

PaulRotheram 16-05-2006 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emzeh
I think he means prep as in track prep... not car prep on the track... right Paul?

bingo :D

we have put an awful lot of work in to the track for the national, and somtimes doing it twice due to vandels. this sunday should be the final day we need to do anything for a while which i think would be well deserved. all being if the vandels dont return :rolleyes:

the track is currently looking A1 with all the improovements we have made. it is also, in my opinion easier to race on due to new 'additions'.

is batley another '7:00' job? if so ill see you at 10 if i can go! :)

Oscar 16-05-2006 05:27 PM

I'm not entirely sure of arrangements for this weekend yet, If nobody has already sorted it, the tap should be available from the swimming baths on Friday, and presumably the key for the toilets in the pavillion for all the overnight campers.
I'll be there early Saturday morning to assist with race control, if the position hasn't been organised already (Tom??). Should there be people there Friday evening who can mow the grass etc, I can make container keys available to them for such purpose.

Northy 16-05-2006 05:42 PM

LMAO at my randomness! :o :D :o :D

We won't be there till Saturday morning.

Are you organising things Stu? A night out round Batley? Tour of the local bus stops? :confused:

G

Stu 16-05-2006 09:02 PM

Maybe out on Saturday, I think we'll be able to organise a something, Kiddy II type thing maybe.

WHITTLER555 16-05-2006 09:23 PM

WOOOO HOOOO !!!!!!!

Pc working properly again after getting a crappy antispyware virus, DR STU works his magic again on my bitsa this and that computer!!

Reading the "other" forum I noticed it is 4WD on Saturday? Any reason for this or are we just looking forward to a rougher 2WD track on Sunday!!

I shall be there with my pikey van looking forward to football, beer and racin'

Northy, you missed a blinder down in Tiverton when after the Friday night drinking session, Stu got kidnapped by Side Show Bob from behind the bar in his VW Jetta GTi ( I kid you not!!)

This only happens when we get pi$$ed:D

Chrislong 17-05-2006 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulRotheram

the track is currently looking A1 with all the improovements we have made. it is also, in my opinion easier to race on due to new 'additions'.

Oooops, im good at misunderstanding aren't I !! ha ha.
Southport track is looking great, can tell there has already been a lot of work done there before the summer. Good work! :thumleft:

Kash 17-05-2006 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WHITTLER555
WOOOO HOOOO !!!!!!!

Pc working properly again after getting a crappy antispyware virus, DR STU works his magic again on my bitsa this and that computer!!

Reading the "other" forum I noticed it is 4WD on Saturday? Any reason for this or are we just looking forward to a rougher 2WD track on Sunday!!

I shall be there with my pikey van looking forward to football, beer and racin'

Northy, you missed a blinder down in Tiverton when after the Friday night drinking session, Stu got kidnapped by Side Show Bob from behind the bar in his VW Jetta GTi ( I kid you not!!)

This only happens when we get pi$$ed:D

Side Show Bob that was a comical night.

Me and G will be there on Friday evening after work sometime. Unless its forcast to p155-down all weekend. In which case i'll be there Sat morning

hickston 17-05-2006 01:25 PM

Batley Regions

Hi,Can someone tell me what time booking in on Sunday is?. Also, I have 2 timetables. The Summer2006 one sais it's 4wd Sat, 2wd Sun. The Bury metro one I have sais it's 2wd Sat, 4wd Sun (all from http://www.northernracer.com/)...confused...I can race either, but I might aswell spend my time setting up one or the other properly.Thanks again to the guy who used his com lathe on my motor at Bury on Sunday (sorry didnt get your name, but you were with Jimmy!!). One of those days for me, blown ESC, bad motor, all the wrong tires with me and evena set of tires I hadnt glued properly...Oh well, live and learn.CheersStu
Hmm, boards arent working very well for me at work...oh wellGr8 picture of my car Jimmy (when it was actually working!!)http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/bury1...es/bury02.html

Oscar 17-05-2006 01:58 PM

Yeah, That was me. No worries.
For info 4wd is on Saturday, 2wd Sunday. Booking in both days from 8. Practice till circa 09:30. Racing after drivers briefing.
John.

AndyG 17-05-2006 02:58 PM

eek...i got them the wrong way around again in my head! Thought I had Saturday to clean my 4WD. HEEEELP!!

Stu 17-05-2006 05:23 PM

Ahh, confused about dates, well, I published the dates on northernracer (correct it would seem) but even I thought in my head that it was 2wd saturday.
I think due to the national format we are kind-of programmed that way.

Northy 17-05-2006 05:30 PM

Stu,

Get back onto the serious things.....

Where are we eating on Saturday night? Prefereably within walking (staggering) distance. :D

Who's up for it?

G

Stu 17-05-2006 06:42 PM

We'll plan it on Saturday, I don't really know the eating places in Cleck, just the drinking ones.

chrislee 17-05-2006 06:53 PM

The worlds largest Indian restaurant (alledgedly) is supposed to be quite good

www.aakash.co.uk

Chris

emzy 17-05-2006 06:58 PM

Everytime we drive past there on the way to a meeting I always say to Dad we should get like EVERYONE to go at a National... they wouldn't know what'd hit them!