oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Schumacher (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   SV2 v KF2 (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176094)

alanwheeldon 15-01-2016 05:42 PM

SV2 v KF2

Is the SV2 still competitive enough to buy or is the KF2 so much better it's not worth bothering with. I'm thinking more of low grip conditions

david85williams 15-01-2016 07:31 PM

I think the KF2 will still be quicker in low grip. Certainly in high grip the KF2 has a big advantage.

badger5 15-01-2016 09:01 PM

About time Schumacher brought a KM, would certainly help the brand in the states.

androo 16-01-2016 06:22 PM

Haven't they done that with the KF2 SE. A car with all the motor config options for every track surface??

gd26 24-01-2016 01:35 PM

The sv2 is a good car better than the kf/kf2... They need a different driving style

gd26 24-01-2016 01:43 PM

The sv2 is a good car better than the kf/kf2... They need a different driving style

Treedudeben 24-01-2016 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gd26 (Post 938819)

I've had all three and I don't think there is a best so to speak, it all depends on the surface your driving on.

mattcaney 09-03-2016 01:21 PM

I shall be venturing back into off road after 20 years away. I am unsure which to purchase - SV2 Pro or KF 2 SE. I will be racing outdoors on medium grip astroturf with the occasional tarmac/concrete area (Eden Park Raceway for info). Thanks Matt (Either is going to be a baptism of fire having not driven for that time).

knighthawk 09-03-2016 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattcaney (Post 942882)
I shall be venturing back into off road after 20 years away. I am unsure which to purchase - SV2 Pro or KF 2 SE. I will be racing outdoors on medium grip astroturf with the occasional tarmac/concrete area (Eden Park Raceway for info). Thanks Matt (Either is going to be a baptism of fire having not driven for that time).

Personally I'd go for the KF2SE
going down this route you get all three options of motor/battery layout, plus there's the option of using a Ball or Geared Diff, plus the multi plate slipper clutch etc.

Just my pennies worth

trekkerkk 09-03-2016 03:37 PM

for epr i would advise the kf2se it is the better car than the sv2 on all surfaces

bish 09-03-2016 05:32 PM

Interesting that the KF2 is pushing rearwards with motor pod position to where the Sv was! The SE has all the options though.

Groomi 10-03-2016 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattcaney (Post 942882)

Matt, I think we met on Sunday at EPR.

As others have said, I think I'd go for the KF2SE which has all the options to set it up however you like it.

It's worth noting however that a (very well set-up) SV2 has just won the summer and winter series at EPR, so it's not a dead and buried concept just yet!

knighthawk 10-03-2016 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Groomi (Post 942964)
It's worth noting however that a (very well set-up) SV2 has just won the summer and winter series at EPR, so it's not a dead and buried concept just yet!

It's been said many times !

but if Lee Martin or Neil Cragg drove a Grasshopper they'd beats us all, they were amazing at the BWOC at Silverstone last month, lol

madmulc 10-03-2016 01:01 PM

Hi have owned the SV2 and KF2 in all fairness you cant compare them to each other. In High grip the KF2 hands down in Low grip the SV2 hands down.

With the sort of tracks we mostly race on in the UK I would suggest the KF2 as it gives you the best of both....:thumbsup:

mattcaney 10-03-2016 09:51 PM

Thanks for the replies. What size of cells are recommended as I don't want to have to have to buy different types (i.e shorty and saddlepack) for different motor positions. Am in the process of writing a long list of things to get back to racing as have nothing apart from tools to get back to racing again. The Debit card is getting very nervous :)

knighthawk 10-03-2016 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattcaney (Post 943048)
Thanks for the replies. What size of cells are recommended as I don't want to have to have to buy different types (i.e shorty and saddlepack) for different motor positions. Am in the process of writing a long list of things to get back to racing as have nothing apart from tools to get back to racing again. The Debit card is getting very nervous :)

If you want to run the car in low grip or mid motor then only shorty cells will fit !

Suzukitudor 10-03-2016 10:51 PM

Kfc

1 Attachment(s)
Hi just been reading this thread. An option worth looking at which will cost less is a kfc.

Kf with a cobra chassis which allows rear motor and standard mid low grip motor position.

A 2nd hand one with hop ups will cost 40% what a kf2 se will.

Food for thought.

I know one someone at our club is selling.

They look like the attached.

mattcaney 25-03-2016 12:37 AM

Thanks for all the replies, I have gone for the KF2 SE and will be picking it up with a few extra goodies on Saturday. Have got the Ball Diff assembled (u4199). Is there anything I need to do with it, or do I just install and run ?

ianjoyner 25-03-2016 09:27 AM

You can just fit and run the ball diff, but make sure the slipper slips before the diff. Then just keep an eye on how tight it is after each run, it may loosen a little after a few runs, so tighten it back up slightly, never let it get loose enough to slip.

AdrianH78 26-03-2016 09:18 AM

I had the same dilema buying a new electric car after what must be 17 years...

I think the KF2 SE option is more future proof but larger initial outlay; money is tigher with me so I went for the SV2 as I think it represents good value for money.

Only issue I have is that I already have the dilema of continuing to invest in bespoke wheels and therefore tyres for the SV2 when everything has now gone hex.. I have also invested quite heavily in hot ups which obviously are not transferable to a new platform..

I don't think there is really a wrong answer starting out again, just follow your heart (and budget) I would say :thumbsup:

Being totally honest though, my speed has gone currently (hopefully it will return, but I'm not sure at 37 :-s) so the limiting performance factor is currently me............. :(