oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   News (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   RHR DIRT - 10th Off Road Clay in the UK (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93815)

racingdwarf 18-02-2012 01:15 AM

At last, another club build a propper track..DIRT, non of this silly fake grass buisness:thumbsup:, were are people going to run there motor now:lol:.

how are you finding it drains? having put the clay straight on top of the grass/existing compacted top layer, they did that at basildon for the worlds track, It caused a bit of a problem down the line....

bigred5765 18-02-2012 01:30 AM

what are the tires of choice

reg 18-02-2012 04:53 AM

can you move it............my tent goes just there:woot:..........looks awsome:thumbsup:

Frecklychimp 18-02-2012 05:23 AM

Top work James and crew, will be awesome, roll on open day :thumbsup:

Just need to beg Jimmy to run SCT's at Invernational now!

James, can you put in for a SCT National if you have spare dates, There is a crew that run the meeting, it's just a case of supplying venue... Exactly what the championship needs!

cmgreen 18-02-2012 08:03 AM

OMG

A massive thankyou to all involved, boy have you guys worked hard!!

ikey ji 18-02-2012 08:21 AM

Great job guys! Good to see a dirt track in UK...
Damned, now UK top drivers would be even better on dirt! Next time world champion? :thumbsup:

johnnygibbon 18-02-2012 08:34 AM

Awsome I used to go king of dirt in my bmx days
Looking forward to hitting this track up
I loved rhr and now it's just got better
Just one thing though
Is there a massive berm to put a flaming hoop of fire on and launch my truck through at high speed when horribly drunk
Good work to all involved

raymondkerr 18-02-2012 09:37 AM

So what tyres are going to work? Having never before raced on dirt it will be interesting to see what the control tyre is?

jamiekerr14 18-02-2012 09:40 AM

Would think it would likely be PL Holeshot or Bowtie. But then again, it could be a AKA tyre or maybe even a new tyre from a new company?

I only ever race 1/8th nitro on dirt, but would think it would be something of the above.

budgio 18-02-2012 09:41 AM

Nice!
I've never been to RHR and this dirt track looks the nuts :)
I,m gonna dig out my holeshots and my Yokomo bmax tyres.
Well done to all involved:thumbsup:

Stu 18-02-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnygibbon (Post 622311)
Is there a massive berm to put a flaming hoop of fire on and launch my truck through....

Provisionally the Beer Race and madness will be on the astro track, the new track needs respect!

neiloliver 18-02-2012 09:46 AM

My guess is a new tyre from an existing manufacturer - with a deal done on the sales of that tyre to profit both parties. This is not a bad thing, it would make sense to me. but then again I might be totally wrong!

The track looks fantastic!

andys 18-02-2012 09:49 AM

Wow !

Congratulations to everyone involved - looks amazing !

RudeTony 18-02-2012 09:57 AM

I applaud you all for an enormous amount of work all that must be.
Super job James

James 18-02-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racingdwarf (Post 622275)
At last, another club build a propper track..DIRT, non of this silly fake grass buisness:thumbsup:, were are people going to run there motor now:lol:.

how are you finding it drains? having put the clay straight on top of the grass/existing compacted top layer, they did that at basildon for the worlds track, It caused a bit of a problem down the line....

I'm sure they used the native dirt on site for TEMAC, I went there several times - its sand percentage was too high so it dug up badly and that with a little rain made for a very a rough surface, also I believe their major drainage problem was that the track was built on a slope so naturally all the water drained to the bottom where it settled and got pretty bad. Our clay is on top of the existing very sandy ground, we have tested every month through the winter so if we can do that the summer will be no problem, some parts of the clay are nearly 5 feet above the existing ground level hence any water runs off and drains away - plus we have have our massive track cover like Vaasa had, showers are no problem at all, its cloudbursts or sudden very heavy (proper rain!) showers that would be the problem but they cause issues on every surface.. Besides if there is some sort of weather catastrophe all we need do is walk 40 feet to the astro track hah! :thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frecklychimp (Post 622285)
Top work James and crew, will be awesome, roll on open day :thumbsup:

James, can you put in for a SCT National if you have spare dates, There is a crew that run the meeting, it's just a case of supplying venue... Exactly what the championship needs!

Good idea! this will have to be considered by the YORCC committee..

Quote:

Originally Posted by raymondkerr (Post 622325)
So what tyres are going to work? Having never before raced on dirt it will be interesting to see what the control tyre is?

That announcement will be made in due course, it will be one tyre so its fairer and cheaper for everyone..

Stu 18-02-2012 10:08 AM

I apreciate the mention as a track build helper but my 0.0037% contribution was just about painting, the other lads have busted their asses off.

trekkerkk 18-02-2012 10:17 AM

awsome job james,
this will help alot off people get track time on dirt for upcoming events like euros worlds etc...

trekkker

mattybucks 18-02-2012 10:30 AM

One word - Amazing

Adam F 18-02-2012 10:32 AM

Cant wait to try this.. will dust off my old PDA tyres!!! :thumbsup:

Congratulations chaps, it looks awesome!!!

cmgreen 18-02-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frecklychimp (Post 622285)

Na, Stadium trucks!!!!!!!!