oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   BRCA Nationals & Regionals (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Tyres for Kidderminster (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3309)

Rob 22-04-2007 07:10 PM

Tyres for Kidderminster

I'm hopefully going to be doing my first national at Kidderminster in a few weeks (I'm quite high on the reserve list). Wanting to sort out my tyres.

I'd guess it will be Schumacher Yellows in the dry, but what will be best in damp conditions and fully wet?

Lee Martin 22-04-2007 07:13 PM

bb pinks or greens

ashleyb4 22-04-2007 07:13 PM

Nope Ballistic mini spike green in the dry. And im not sure about the wet.

A

bert digler 22-04-2007 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob (Post 34899)
I'm hopefully going to be doing my first national at Kidderminster in a few weeks (I'm quite high on the reserve list). Wanting to sort out my tyres.

I'd guess it will be Schumacher Yellows in the dry, but what will be best in damp conditions and fully wet?

ballistic buggy greens or pinks in the wet depends how affluent u are :D

PaulRotheram 22-04-2007 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashleyb4 (Post 34901)
Nope Ballistic mini spike green in the dry. And im not sure about the wet.

A

Greens in the dry..? Greens are used in the wet on most UK multisurface tracks, i can't see them working well in the dry green mini PINS worked well; however.. these are not allowed for this years nat.

I'll personally be using schumy yellows in the dry, and in a good rainfall ballistic green spikes.. i want to stay away from pinks if i can due to the wear rate.. but pink is also an option.

ashleyb4 22-04-2007 07:21 PM

Me and kevin did some testing at the first round of the winter series at kiddy and yellow's where all over the place. It was uncontrolable. So we went to greens and they where alot better. Yellows are bad around kiddy.

A

PaulRotheram 22-04-2007 07:24 PM

That's in the winter though, the national will be in May, and with this months weather already being pretty hot, in the dry with a nice bit of sun, greens wont be on pace imo, yellows will be the ticket from whats been going around.

Although, it's your own preference.

PaulRotheram 22-04-2007 07:26 PM

to reprove yellows will be the ticket in the dry..

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/kiddy110307/

Most, if not all cars have yellow schumys on in the last series.

tyreman 22-04-2007 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashleyb4 (Post 34907)
Me and kevin did some testing at the first round of the winter series at kiddy and yellow's where all over the place. It was uncontrolable. So we went to greens and they where alot better. Yellows are bad around kiddy.

A

Ashley,
You and Kev knock yourself out on your BB greens, but if it's dry then the only tyre choice is Yellow mini's. You only use BB green SPIKES if it's raining.

Kopite 22-04-2007 07:42 PM

dry-yellow schumacher mini spikes.
damp-bb green spikes
soaking wet-bb pink spikes.

this seems to be the general view of most people

gonna be an expensive day tyre-wise methinks!!:(

ashleyb4 22-04-2007 07:45 PM

It was a bit greesy so yellows will proberly work if you think about it in a logical way.

A

PaulRotheram 22-04-2007 07:46 PM

keep faith stan, i'm sure it wont be 'too' bad. It depends on the layout and speed of the track.. same for most places really !

If it's wet, then it could go wrong.. but roll on sun!!!!

emzy 22-04-2007 07:48 PM

*remembers the hail stone of last year*

Kopite 22-04-2007 07:54 PM

can we make it dog slow then, so we can get away with using schumacher blues? mmm, cheapness....:cool:

Rob 22-04-2007 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kopite (Post 34918)
dry-yellow schumacher mini spikes.
damp-bb green spikes
soaking wet-bb pink spikes.

this seems to be the general view of most people

gonna be an expensive day tyre-wise methinks!!:(

Cheers. Out of interest, whats the difference between green and pink compound, is pink softer?

I'm not going to use new set each run. Am probably going to take 3 sets of yellows use them 2 runs each, then can be used afterwards for club racing.

Kopite 22-04-2007 07:57 PM

yeah, pinks are softer. they won't last long

PaulRotheram 22-04-2007 07:58 PM

Pink is softer yeah

I've set my self a limit this year so money dosnt get out of control. 2 pairs of tyres each day on a national, and an extra 2 for when the weather is bad.

It worked very well at tiverton, of all tracks.. the rest of the year should be ok.

I may splash out abit at southport though......

Rob 22-04-2007 08:02 PM

What about fronts for 2WD, would I need both BB green and pink fronts or could you get away with using bb green fronts for both damp and wet.

Kopite 22-04-2007 08:06 PM

yellow minis are a good all rounder, although people will use the bb spikes on the front too (massive steering from them though!)

I guess a lot of it is down to personal preference

bert digler 22-04-2007 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kopite (Post 34926)
can we make it dog slow then, so we can get away with using schumacher blues? mmm, cheapness....:cool:

youll get a day outa yellows mate;)