oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bury Metro (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Bury today... (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33461)

njc11 01-11-2009 11:09 PM

Bury today...

Just a quick thanks to everyone who came along today (130 approx :woot:) hope you all enjoyed?...and to everyone who helped set up yesterday and clearing up today.. much appreciated :) you know who you all are :thumbsup: Also cheers to Roger and Stu for running the show!

Had a great day today and loved the track layout.. all be it a tad weary by the end! lol! :eh?:

Im looking forward to the next one already!

An earlier start will be on the cards.. so get your name down to save disapointment, and keep a look out on here for details...

Cheers
Nick
:thumbsup:

raymondkerr 01-11-2009 11:48 PM

Just arrived back in glasgow after a long drive home. Had a great days racing, first time at bury and really enjoyed the racing. Very well run, big thank you to all who was invloved, good track layout aswell. Managed to win the D final, which wasn't bad for my first proper offroad meeting.

Thanks again and hope to be back soon.

Raymond

Tyson 01-11-2009 11:59 PM

Agreed Nick :thumbsup: Top day Cheers Roger/Stu for all your hard work roll on end of month:D Early start sounds good.

T4miy4 Guy 02-11-2009 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raymondkerr (Post 305060)
Just arrived back in glasgow after a long drive home. Had a great days racing, first time at bury and really enjoyed the racing. Very well run, big thank you to all who was invloved, good track layout aswell. Managed to win the D final, which wasn't bad for my first proper offroad meeting.

Thanks again and hope to be back soon.

Raymond

Well done raymondkerr! great to hear people travelling so far for an indoors race meet , as Bury indoors and out is local for me! Was a great day with alot of very fast paced racing,which was new for me racing with the local Bury lads (:woot:) Some excellent driving and smashes, just think its great fun.... thanks again to Roger and Stu for making things fun as racing should be :p

Andy

stampede vxlboy 02-11-2009 12:31 AM

it sound good at bury i would like to race there sometime

T4miy4 Guy 02-11-2009 12:42 AM

Well turn up book in and race.... simple and i`m sure alot of people would like to met the famous stampy! it isn`t far from where you live :thumbsup:

Andy

mattb 02-11-2009 07:31 AM

sunday at bury

Quote:

Originally Posted by njc11 (Post 305051)
Just a quick thanks to everyone who came along today (130 approx :woot:) hope you all enjoyed?...and to everyone who helped set up yesterday and clearing up today.. much appreciated :) you know who you all are :thumbsup: Also cheers to Roger and Stu for running the show!

Had a great day today and loved the track layout.. all be it a tad weary by the end! lol! :eh?:

Im looking forward to the next one already!

An earlier start will be on the cards.. so get your name down to save disapointment, and keep a look out on here for details...

Cheers
Nick
:thumbsup:

yes had a mega day mate earlier start would be much better not to early though as tyson struggels getting his arse out of bed lol:thumbsup:

The race controller 02-11-2009 09:40 AM

Compliments

Thanks lads. With all these compliments I shall have to buy a new hat.

madmax 02-11-2009 11:16 AM

same here thanks guys for a good days racing, even if i did manage to destroy a 5.5x11, but hay thats part of the fun of racing.

pugboy 02-11-2009 11:22 AM

Ditto the above, a great days racing and well run, thanks to Roger, Woody, Nick and all involved. I thought Woody did a good job of being strict Headmaster on the mic for the day. Very good turnout too.

Sorry I didn't help stay to help pack up, the missus wanted her tea cooking! :thumbsup:

footey 02-11-2009 01:32 PM

who won the A finals 2wd and 4wd

kitesurfer73 02-11-2009 01:41 PM

AWESOME EVENT.......

Thanks again to roger and woody for putting on a great indoor event brilliant fun and enjoyed all the racing,track was good and some close racing main thing it was fun.....
Thanks goes out also to all the bury lot for fixing my car everytime i broke it you know who you are.....:thumbsup:

bigred5765 02-11-2009 01:45 PM

had a bad day but that was down to car breakages and electrical problems,had to leave early ish 6.15pm lol and missed are finals can we please have less heats or a earlier start time please, it dragged on for way to long for a club day,other than that track was ok very technical didn't think it flowed very well to many 90 degree twist and turns, but enjoyed the day out, see you there next time,

Jonesy 02-11-2009 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigred5765 (Post 305167)
had a bad day but that was down to car breakages and electrical problems,had to leave early ish 6.15pm lol and missed are finals can we please have less heats or a earlier start time please, it dragged on for way to long for a club day,other than that track was ok very technical didn't think it flowed very well to many 90 degree twist and turns, but enjoyed the day out, see you there next time,

It's not just a club day though Carl as it is a points scoring series although I do get your point about the start time and lateness. I'm sure Woody, Rog, Nic + others will take this into consideration.

I'm just waiting on Rog to e-mail me the results (cough, cough, hint, hint!!) and then I will get the overall series positions out to everyone that's requested them via e-mail to me and get them posted on here as well

Jonesy

njc11 02-11-2009 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigred5765 (Post 305167)

Dont worry mate... things will be sorted and people will be told in plenty of time for the next one! :thumbsup:

I thought the track layout was ace, Stu designed... from what i heard most people liked the layout :)

Chrislong 02-11-2009 03:24 PM

I liked the track layout, was really good. Couldn't fault it. :)

Si Coe 02-11-2009 03:39 PM

Stu had the master plan for the track, but the final layout was very much a team decision and all those who helped set up put ideas in. So come down on Saturday, help build the track and then you get a say too. And maybe a sneaky practise if you don't get called away by the wife as happened to me!

MikePimlott 02-11-2009 05:42 PM

Good Day, Track was great too.

Oh Yes food was ace too hope they made enough to come back next time.

Only things constructive would be earlier start would be better (as stated by Nick already hopefully will be sorted) and in Heat 5 Round 4 there was only 2 Marshalls (but that wasnt the only time it was poor throughout the day) If a heat is not full dont run it or spread the numbers of people out so that every heat will have at least 8 Marshalls from the race before.

chris_smith 02-11-2009 05:48 PM

my first race for 12 or so years and thouroughly enjoyed the whole day. apart from some issues with electrics on the car mainly teething problems.

big :thumbsup: to all that helped organise and keep the day flowing, also :thumbsup: to the caterers great food thanks.

do we have to wait now till end of the month :( till the next race or are there some in between?:)

cheers
chris

johnnygibbon 02-11-2009 06:32 PM

team hopeless

nice one boys must have been some headache organising that.mint day team hopless did well. representing with some BIG AIR. :woot: and spectaucler crashes.:blush: (any one no ryan on here who makes bmax carbon shock towers. or polycarbonate. roger ?) any way see ya end of month . might get some practice in at goshen to. not seen results yet but reckon i might just have stayed off the bottom spot. well i didnt retire any way. NICE ONE FELLERS