oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Race Chat (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   for sale posts? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188412)

beale 09-03-2017 10:41 PM

for sale posts?

If you were to post a thread of an item for sale,
How do you communicate with a seller - PM
If you get no response what do you do?
If their thread is still for sale what do you do?

I've bought and sold a good few things now on oople and think its the best way to sell, as its from racers to racers. Occasionally I've offered asking price to not even get a response, which is fair enough if the item has gone but at least change the item to sold. PLEASE

Ashlandchris 09-03-2017 10:47 PM

Agree!!
Tried buying an item recently. Sent 3 PMs over a few days. No reply to any. Item still listed as for sale

Peakey 09-03-2017 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashlandchris (Post 969066)
Agree!!
Tried buying an item recently. Sent 3 PMs over a few days. No reply to any. Item still listed as for sale

Airbrush by any chance? I've had the same a few times it's just down to some people I think there's not really much can be done about it

fidspeed 10-03-2017 06:46 AM

Same applies to no pic or prices!
Col does great job of monitoring these but it seems same culprits try same old excuses

dave

Ashlandchris 10-03-2017 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peakey (Post 969071)
Airbrush by any chance? I've had the same a few times it's just down to some people I think there's not really much can be done about it

Yes 😀

Peakey 10-03-2017 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashlandchris (Post 969079)
Yes 😀

I've had no response on that either

Novice 10-03-2017 09:54 AM

I also really wish people would mark things as sold , just wastes peoples time trying to buy something that has already gone :thumbdown: for the sake of something that takes 2 seconds to do.

Zippy G 10-03-2017 10:19 AM

selling

Hi All
I totally agree with replying to PM's, I do my best to reply asap wether the item is sold or not or even just to let the potential buyer know that you are awaiting another members response as they were 1st in the que.

My pet hate of the for sale section is once a seller has sold an item they delete the entire post you are unable to refer back to the post to be able to check the description or the pictures if the need be.

I do edit my post once sold, but all i do is change the wording to sold so anyone can look back at an item they have bought from me

I feel the description and pics should be locked once the item is marked sold

Maybe a bit difficult to police but would help in disputes.

Novice 10-03-2017 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zippy G (Post 969093)
Hi All
I totally agree with replying to PM's, I do my best to reply asap wether the item is sold or not or even just to let the potential buyer know that you are awaiting another members response as they were 1st in the que.

My pet hate of the for sale section is once a seller has sold an item they delete the entire post you are unable to refer back to the post to be able to check the description or the pictures if the need be.

I do edit my post once sold, but all i do is change the wording to sold so anyone can look back at an item they have bought from me

Fair point, I tend to delete mine I will leave the description alone in the future and just mark as sold.

Ashlandchris 10-03-2017 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zippy G (Post 969093)
Hi All

I'm with you, but not for disputes (not had to deal with that yet - clearly I deal with all the good guys :thumbsup:)
I just change title to "sold" so I can refer back to prices etc and sometimes try to use other posts to get a feel for what stuff is selling for but when I then see "£SOLD" it is no help.

Ashlandchris 10-03-2017 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peakey (Post 969081)

To be fair, I didn't particularly want a 0.35mm one anyway. Was just a good price.
Just bought a 0.5mm revolution instead for larger area coverage

Zippy G 10-03-2017 11:06 AM

disputes

LOL:lol:
Me you both dealing with the good people, I haven't had any disputes as yet with my selling but have bought a couple of things which I would like to have checked but not been able too.

Ashlandchris 10-03-2017 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zippy G (Post 969100)
LOL:lol:
Me you both dealing with the good people, I haven't had any disputes as yet with my selling but have bought a couple of things which I would like to have checked but not been able too.

Just noticed this is your 999th post. Quick, sell something and make it number 1000

daz75 10-03-2017 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peakey (Post 969081)

Yeah it a pain when people don't reply to PM's do you still want that part :D;)

andrewc 10-03-2017 10:22 PM

I'd prefer it if people left sold price on to give an indication of market value, and yes, please mark as SOLD when you have!!

To be honest I hate the whole DM system; finding sent messages is a hidden setting etc.

Be far easier if you wanted something that you just hit 'message seller' or similar and it fired them an email directly, not an email of a copy of a message you then have to go back to the forum to reply to.

Still best place to sell though...! : )

Col 14-03-2017 08:04 PM

Bit late, but...

If any of you want/need a thread returning to it's pre-sold state, just PM me and I can do it.
I'm not here as often as I once was, but it will get done as soon as I'm next on

Ashlandchris 14-03-2017 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Col (Post 969441)
Bit late, but...

If any of you want/need a thread returning to it's pre-sold state, just PM me and I can do it.
I'm not here as often as I once was, but it will get done as soon as I'm next on

Cheers Col

Karting 15-03-2017 09:52 AM

I've said it before, my peeve on this forum is people putting up a 'New' for sale post, and just copying a link to a previous one.

They have to open the previous thread to copy the link, so why instead of copying the link, why don't you just copy the whole post instead. I'm sure many people are like myself and if they see that just don't click on the link

Zippy G 15-03-2017 09:53 AM

deleted post

Hi Col
Thanks it may come in handy:thumbsup:

I appreciate you have plenty of other stuff to do so never thought of asking.

Much appreciated

Sam:thumbsup: