oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wanted (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   WANTED 4wd front cactus tyres that work on eos carpet (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195175)

Duncan 28-01-2018 09:35 PM

4wd front cactus tyres that work on eos carpet

I would like some yellow 4wd front cactus tyres that actually work on eos carpet without me having to spend hours cutting , snipping or grinding off any bits of rubber .
I would like a tyre I can purchase that I can simply insert an insert of my choice and then glue the tyre and insert onto a wheel of my choice. This tyre , insert and wheel combo would then be bolted to my car of choice and then used on a track of my choice .
This combo would then work properly not giving ANY grip roll
:thumbsup:

richm 28-01-2018 10:30 PM

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

richm 28-01-2018 10:33 PM

an even easier solution is for clubs to stop insisting on catus fronts as a control tyre, and allow cut staggers or darts.

yokomoyz2 29-01-2018 08:36 AM

I’ve never laughed so much

So let me get this right you want a set tyres for eos carpet. So you can win.
Stop you from crashing. And willing to pay stupid money for them.
I’ve got a set
£25 posted

Zippy G 29-01-2018 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yokomoyz2 (Post 983600)
I’ve never laughed so much

So let me get this right you want a set tyres for eos carpet. So you can win.
Stop you from crashing. And willing to pay stupid money for them.
I’ve got a set
£25 posted

LOL, I think you may have confused what Duncan is saying. He wants a set of tires that he can put on his car and they work without having to cut them to bits, removing inner & outer rows, sometimes even the middle 2 rows, then gluing up the outer walls, these 'craptuses' apparently have been designed to work on EOS carpet???

Really!!!

yokomoyz2 29-01-2018 03:06 PM

What car as he got and hex size
I’ve got about 8 pairs used cactus wheels and tyres off a xb4 (18) he can try all in different styles. Used
£20 posted

daz75 29-01-2018 03:32 PM

Has anyone asked Schumacher why they need so much modification?

fidspeed 30-01-2018 11:00 AM

Not sure im looking at this from same angle ?
If a control tyre is chosen by race organisers / sponsors surely the idea is to make the chassis work with supplied tyre not modify the tyre?
I cant remember f1 ever modyfing tyres "because they dont work"
I do appreciate they may not be perfect but everyone racing is in same situation
May be organisers can change tyre for next series
I help out at schumacher indoor masters and tyres are also a topic of debate , we are always trying to find a solution and testing different styles / compounds . Its not easy being an organiser and you will never please all the people all of the time

I always try to relate to this
Id rather be racing with my mates on a sunday than walking round a shopping/garden centre with the missus 😀
Its all about fun and stress relief it is after all racing toy cars however expensive they may be
No offence intended to anyone just a different viewpoint

daz75 30-01-2018 12:18 PM

A few meeting I've been too seem to have a control tyre for the rear but anything goes on the front

neallewis 30-01-2018 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan (Post 983568)
I would like some yellow 4wd front cactus tyres that actually work on eos carpet without me having to spend hours cutting , snipping or grinding off any bits of rubber .
I would like a tyre I can purchase that I can simply insert an insert of my choice and then glue the tyre and insert onto a wheel of my choice. This tyre , insert and wheel combo would then be bolted to my car of choice and then used on a track of my choice .
This combo would then work properly not giving ANY grip roll
:thumbsup:

Yeah, that's why we got 4wd wide cut staggers, and by and large at EOS they worked perfectly in 4wd, coming from running minipins all round, and the crazy cutting and gluing that was needed to make them work. Xray dominated with this combo but they worked well for everyone, except the schumacher K2 struggled with not enough steering.
Fast forward to this EOS season, the organisers went to the chosen tyre supplier/sponsor to come up with the control tyres for the new season. The cactus rear has been great, but the front has turned 4wd carpet racing into a nightmare of tyre prep again, and funnily enough schumacher dominate, their top driver seemingly the only one who can drive a car with them un-modified (on the K2), and everyone else on the back foot because their cars turned into a nightmare to drive with that front tyre. However I do think it's now a different story now they have moved away from the K2 platform and development of their new 4wd car has begun, they too are having to do the silly cut and glue process. I think we'll see a change again for next season.

At local and club level racing on EOS carpet run the rears, but run wherever front makes the car acceptable to drive, be it 4wd wide cuts, 2wd cut staggers, or anything else. It's only when you need to prep for a big meeting like an EOS that you need to go through the pain of trying to use them. Otherwise, just don't buy them, clubs shouldn't require them to be used, and throw the ones you have in the bin.

neallewis 30-01-2018 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daz75 (Post 983691)
A few meeting I've been too seem to have a control tyre for the rear but anything goes on the front

This seems to work fine.

neallewis 30-01-2018 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richm (Post 983593)
an even easier solution is for clubs to stop insisting on catus fronts as a control tyre, and allow cut staggers or darts.

That's it right there ^ :thumbsup:

Duncan 30-01-2018 08:14 PM

Craptus

I like your post, well said :thumbsup:

mark christopher 30-01-2018 08:48 PM

maybe you need to take up touring cars? heaven forbid you try a foam tyre racing class lol

Ross 31-01-2018 10:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I don’t see the issue 😁😁

neallewis 31-01-2018 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ross (Post 983778)
I don’t see the issue 😁😁

You haven't glued the outside wall yet. and they still drive horribly :thumbsup:

Ross 31-01-2018 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neallewis (Post 983780)
You haven't glued the outside wall yet. and they still drive horribly :thumbsup:

Give me chance ive only just finished lol.

knighthawk 01-02-2018 08:27 AM

Sorry but really don't see the issue here.
Cutting, Trimming, Gluing Tyre's is the Norm, indoors and outdoors

Schumacher have a tyre that works on every car, its up to the Driver to make the tyre work on his/her chassis

At the MKGP the Xray Drivers tried tow forms of attack, taking off the outside rows, then the inside rows, gluing the side walls, the drivers I spoke to said there was not much in it just how the car felt and the balance

Trish advised the Schumacher drivers to trim the single middle outer row off and glue the sidewalls, both middle rows was easlier to drive but gave a little more push

Lee Martin said on his Yok, he had adopted the Xray EOS style and cut two inside and outside rows off and glued

Its a tyres that works for every one, rather than one manufacture dominated

daz75 01-02-2018 09:01 AM

What does glueing the sidewall do? Less movement?

fidspeed 01-02-2018 11:01 AM

I suspect stiffening sidewall will stop tyre deflecting hence reduce potential grip roll id just turn steering rate down 😀😀
Bur in not lee martin or neil cragg or any of the top boys