oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vintage RC (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   1988 Tamiya Avante newly built! (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101455)

DanB4 19-05-2012 05:45 PM

1988 Tamiya Avante newly built!

6 Attachment(s)
:)

I'm happy - I've always lusted after the Avante (amongst others) since I was a kid and just bought one off eBay from Canada......my wife WILL kill me! See pics and tell me your thoughts. :wub

As the 2011 re-release is approx £490 in the UK (ok cheaper from China), surely a new built original must be worth more WITH a Technigold RX-540VZ motor and all original Tamiya EXPEC electrics too....even the TX! I'm just trying to justify what I paid for her :blush:.....go on, someone tell me it's worth megabucks pretty please?!

It's been run once, as you can see some dirt on the tyres, but is mint, I'll make those tyres black again :)

This is quickly becoming an expensive obsession.....the same guy has an Optima shelf queen and an Optima Mid too.....help!!:woot:

I'll need to get myself some pedestals made and sit all these in a glass display cabinet.

Dan

:cool:

sidawson 19-05-2012 07:05 PM

dan very nice mate but I will give you £20 for it??

Naushad 19-05-2012 09:38 PM

That looks great it even has the rare combined receiver/esc!

Yes, expensive hobby indeed... But I love looking at the intricate engineering. Even better to drive once in a while!

Given its original it's worth quite a bit...but the top price you'd get for it would be in my opinion blunted given the availability of a re/-release.

daveyboi1973 19-05-2012 09:52 PM

awwww :cry::cry::wub

DanB4 19-05-2012 11:03 PM

PayPal playing up so I might not get it after all!! Grrrr :cry:

Jamesk 21-05-2012 04:20 PM

I was offered £450 for mine with no ESC, but had the technigold motor. But as i restored the car myself its staying with me. It had a few new bits from the 2011 model but 90% is either original of new old stock parts from 1988.
I would only consider selling it if a Egress was on offer of simular condition.

jK

DanB4 21-05-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamesk (Post 657061)
I was offered £450 for mine with no ESC, but had the technigold motor. But as i restored the car myself its staying with me. It had a few new bits from the 2011 model but 90% is either original of new old stock parts from 1988.
I would only consider selling it if a Egress was on offer of simular condition.

jK

Nice one :)

Jamesk 21-05-2012 06:41 PM

It's all down to condition and quality of the rebuild. I've seen a few dogs and a few good ones too. Wish I'd never sold the original one I had as a kid.

jK

DanB4 06-06-2012 09:23 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Look what arrived today :thumbsup:

The Ultima is for spares to build 1 good one.

Dan :cool:

ralphee 06-06-2012 10:21 AM

Dan, that is a really nice Avante mate, you DID get a good deal going by those pics, especially with a CPR and Techigold. Is the 'gold run at all? Any marking on the comm?
Really love those pics mate, id love to run mine, but itll break my heart lol, i get married in seven weeks, so i think i know what ill be buying when all that is done.......another Avante for running LOL.

lee

DanB4 06-06-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ralphee (Post 661913)
Dan, that is a really nice Avante mate, you DID get a good deal going by those pics, especially with a CPR and Techigold. Is the 'gold run at all? Any marking on the comm?
Really love those pics mate, id love to run mine, but itll break my heart lol, i get married in seven weeks, so i think i know what ill be buying when all that is done.......another Avante for running LOL.

lee

Cheers Lee and congratulations!

I haven't had the body off yet but I assume yes it has been run, the can has some light scratching on it - I bought another Technigold off eBay last week so will put in whichever one is in better condition.

I'm well chuffed with the buggy, like you say with all the original electrics I think it's a good deal - what I really want is a hi-res version of the superb photo's Tamiya showroom used to take, like this:

http://www.robobugs.net/wordpress/wp...8072-photo.jpg

I used to have this book, but my folks must have chucked it when I left home :(

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/getuserima...5912_1_350.jpg

Want a nice backdrop for my display - whatever form it ends up being.

DanB4 10-06-2012 05:18 AM

9 Attachment(s)
Some more pics I took this morning.

ralphee 11-06-2012 03:35 PM

Very nice Dan, nice to see the older girl lol. I fitted the racing steering back on mine yesterday, had to make a few silly minor mods to stop the pushrod fouling the driver figure, but i like it.
Not that im running mine, but the steering slop with the std layout was awful lol, the racing steering still has slop, just not as much.
Maybe its the racer in me lol.

lee