oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   1/10th OFF ROAD (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   off road advice (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89066)

Cory01 29-12-2011 03:14 PM

off road advice

hi my friend is looking at getting an off road rc 10th scale

he has around £180 to spend and needs all radio gear etc

his only stipulation is that he wants 4wd

we can only find a kyosho lazer or an ftx vantage (prob the brushless one)

does anyone have any other ideas to look at or oppinions on the above, i think hes open to 2nd hand aswell

cheers cory

-bendeman13- 29-12-2011 03:18 PM

look to a 2 hand is a good option but for wath is it is it for bashing or race
because Ansmann have cheap kits 60 € do you have the madrat

grtz ben

Cory01 29-12-2011 03:25 PM

yeah we looked at a mad rat but he wants 4wd really.

tostart with its only going to be bashing about but he would like to race once he gets the hang of the car

-bendeman13- 29-12-2011 03:45 PM

DHAM I FOUND THESE http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88408
but he wants 4wd

sparrow.2 29-12-2011 03:50 PM

You are going to have trouble getting into it at that budget with anything that will work for racing.

For bashing, look for anything ready to run within your budget and get rid of it as soon as you think about driving it on a track and get a proper car.

Dave Dodd 29-12-2011 04:00 PM

Have a look at the Ansmann blizzard RTR and would still be okay for club racing.

-bendeman13- 29-12-2011 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Dodd (Post 600143)
Have a look at the Ansmann blizzard RTR and would still be okay for club racing.

low buget for racing but blizzard :thumbsup:

Cory01 29-12-2011 04:05 PM

thanks for the advice guys i will pass this all on to him and get him to sign up here too

Dandare 29-12-2011 04:07 PM

Is this just for bashing or racing ?

Apart from those you've mentioned there is:

Maverick Strada XB Evo 4wd, 2.4Ghz, radio, battery, Trickle charger inc. @ £105 ish brushed or £175 ish brushless

LRP Blast BX 4wd brushed, again 2.4Ghz, battery & charger @ £145 ish.

Ansmann Blizzard brushed, though no battery or charger & not 2.4Ghz @ £150 ish.

If buying new i'd say the Kyosho Lazer, if not then the FTX Vantage (some good reviews & you getting everything included, plus hop-ups available when/if things break)

Just my humble opinion though :p

kaylon 29-12-2011 04:43 PM

I agree totally with Dandare..

I have every car he's mentioned above and enjoy them all :). I have the Carnage not vantage though..

The blizzard is the worst imho out of that pack, I've had more probs with it then any other car I have. In fact it's been permanently retired.

I'd suggest the Vantage for more of a budget racer.

Best Bang for Buck is the Maverick Evo XB, with 2.4Ghz and all the alloy options later on it's great for £115. Has no slipper though and is more of a basher then a racer...I love mine!

The LRP Blast is quite close to the Vantage...more expensive in every way including spares. I do race mine... In fact it will be at the Norfork buggy club tomorrow :) ... but I think I'll upgrade to something else (Maybe a Vantage) later in the year. The Blast has some steering geometry issues that you need to tweak to be able to drive it, even as badly as I drive :D And servicing is not the best with the Blast...

The Kyosho Lazer which I don't have anymore is a good car..but spares are not the fastest to get and it has a design flaw...basically the shock towers are connected directly to the top of the diff's...which mean as a rule if the tower goes, the diff case can go too. I cracked a couple and the alloy ones are just too expensive... very quick car though and appart from the diff issue is excellent.

Overall I think I'd suggest the Vantage as a starter car for both club racing and a bit of bashing. Has a large selection of upgrades coming this year... And it looks mean :)

One other I could throw into the mix is the Caster SK10.. can find these for about £160 brushless .. This is something I'm considering myself...

J

Dandare 29-12-2011 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaylon (Post 600163)
The LRP Blast is quite close to the Vantage...more expensive in every way including spares. I do race mine... In fact it will be at the Norfork buggy club tomorrow :) ...

Cool, look forward to seeing it & a new face :thumbsup:

hotrodchris 29-12-2011 05:15 PM

If you get the Caster SK10 get the upgrade metal diff gears and motor mount as well as the standard plastic gears melt and as your changing them put ceramic balls in as well:thumbsup: