oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   TRUCKS - SC - Truggy - Stadium - Crawler (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Short Course Shootout 2011 (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55885)

PaulD 19-10-2010 07:40 PM

Short Course Shootout 2011

After some great racing at a couple of Short Course events this summer, I'd like to try and get a series going for next year.

I'm thinking of maybe a 5 round series, but think it would be good for it to be held at a few different tracks.

So I'm really just posting on here to see if other clubs are interested in trying to make this happen, and ask if they could send me an email or post on this thread.

treasurer@cmcc-online.co.uk

Thanks

Paul Dickens

Coventry Model Car Club

Frecklychimp 19-10-2010 10:37 PM

Hi Paul,

Great idea :thumbsup:

A1 Racing Club have recently been considering putting the word out to other clubs and launching a series too, since the Carnage meeting we now have 17+ regular SC Trucks at our indoor weekly club meetings and interest is growing.

we will happily support a series and offer to run a round at our venue and welcome working with other clubs and sponsors to promote the class.

Mark.

antnee 23-10-2010 04:20 PM

Would it be possible to hold all rounds on dirt tracks? As thats what SC's are made for :thumbsup:

Adam Talbot 23-10-2010 04:24 PM

no mix it up more fun that way just make sure the tracks we go to have some propa jumps!!:D

antnee 24-10-2010 02:51 PM

If you keep it to the same type of surface, less tyres are needed. I would be up for a series, but don't want to have to buy 5 different tyres.

PaulD 24-10-2010 10:06 PM

At the moment both A1 and Adur have shown interest, so that would be 2 dirt tracks with astro in places (Adur and Coventry), with A1 being full astro.

Adam Talbot 26-10-2010 11:18 AM

simple to sort the tyres,just have a control tyre,oooo i just had a thought,wouldnt it be just super if we could gat one of the rounds in doors,on carpet!!!!,can we say wheeeeeelieeees!!!:D

antnee 27-10-2010 12:32 PM

If others want an indoor round, I'm sure we could sort something out with west bridgford, we do put a good meeting on :)

sime46 27-10-2010 02:28 PM

I'd go to brigdeford with my new Blitz! Cant wait to have a mess with that.

Frecklychimp 27-10-2010 03:42 PM

I think the aim of a series is to run on outdoor tracks for a summer series,

although the general concensus at our club is just to get out racing the trucks with everyone else and have a blast.

Would W.Bridgeford club be interested in running an outdoor Short Course meeting on their Summer grass venue?

We are definitely up for the dirt tracks, have only raced the trucks on astro and carpet, so would be interesting to see how we cope with different terrain, hopefully lots of sideways action!

Not sure on a control tyre, was there a particular tyre that came through at the Coventry and Adur dirt meetings?

either way with control tyres, it normally works out that some will already have the right type and the majority will have to buy them for the series.

For our Carnage astro track it seemed the favourite was Fastrax Kourse King spikes, but the astro was a bit damp from heavy rain a few days before, in the dry all kit and aftermarket tyres i've tried work with a bit of set up tinkering and throttle control.

Adam Talbot 28-10-2010 02:52 PM

and can someone tell me is it a free for all or is there two classes ie:2wd 4wd??

PaulD 28-10-2010 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Talbot (Post 427322)
and can someone tell me is it a free for all or is there two classes ie:2wd 4wd??

Depending on numbers I think it would be best to split 2wd and 4wd.

Adam Talbot 29-10-2010 01:07 PM

how about run all in together and just split the points,thing it would be easyer for clubs,and more fun for drivers!.2wd could run like the full size,ie:standard ish! and 4wd could be unlimited.just an idea folks.

Frecklychimp 29-10-2010 02:19 PM

The most important thing at the minute is getting enough clubs together willing to run a Short Course truck round to be able to offer a really good full multi venue summer series.

The biggest and most popular class will be 2WD Modified SCT, where any motors and mods can be run if desired... big power corrupts the handling on the trucks so it kind of works unlimited.

If there is interest then a stock 2wd class would be best to have to have a hand out/series motor or a brushed wind limit as the different RTR kits come with different motor types as standard, some with 15T/17T 540 and some with 12T 550 motors.

4wd class will be smaller and less popular than 2wd classes, but we are finding the 4wd class is gaining interest at our club... mainly due to one member running a 6.5 7800 KV motor in a Hong Nor 4wd and it being stupidly quick and driveable, not far behind 4wd 1/10th buggy lap times!

Class splits will always depend on entry numbers for each on the day, running them together wouldn't be popular with all drivers, the cars handle differently so the different classes will clash on the track... 4wd cars are a lot heavier so will always come off better when rubbing bumpers!

MALLET 03-11-2010 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Talbot (Post 425747)
no mix it up more fun that way just make sure the tracks we go to have some propa jumps!!:D

You can try ours for the jumps. :D

sime46 04-11-2010 07:45 AM

Deffo. Timmys new Astro track would be perfect for short course. Loads of jumps and rhthym sections too. It's got to be on any shortie series calendar. Awesome.

Frecklychimp 04-11-2010 08:50 PM

NDOR track looks ideal for SCT's with the multiple jumps.

Come on Mallet... get the track booked in for a round in the Short Course Shootout 2011

(maybe biased as i live in Derby so NDOR is closer than my home track which is 50 miles from erm home, think Coventry is closer too!)

I think a few Dirt tracks, a couple of Astro tracks and an indoor round would work, make the championship varied.

A meeting on grass would be good, since there is only one type of spiked tyre it would be naturally controlled!

MALLET 04-11-2010 10:36 PM

Who do I need to send my details to and I'll have it done. :)

Sorted I'll send it now

MALLET 04-11-2010 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MALLET (Post 429363)
You can try ours for the jumps. :D

Forgot to put the link up Here it is

Frecklychimp 04-11-2010 10:48 PM

Just send Paul from Coventry club an e.mail if you are keen to put an event on, theres a link at the top of this thread.

Keeping an eye on NDOR meeting info,

When you run a meeting we can race at will pop over with the SCT's and drag the A1 racing Short Course 'Wreckin Crew' along for a play on the new track, looks spot on :thumbsup: