oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Schumacher (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Who's actually going to run one then !? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8031)

James 07-02-2008 09:02 PM

Who's actually going to run one then !?

So who's going to get one !?
I'm interested to see a poll...:D

AndyM 07-02-2008 09:27 PM

done... :D

glypo 07-02-2008 10:06 PM

Wow poll results saying a lot already. Good to know that Schumacher can still make a mark even on todays ever more saturated 4wd market :)

I want mine now!

ralphee 08-02-2008 07:48 AM

Well ill be so the noob to offroad so im slowly gonna get into it with the Durga, but from there, yes if this CAT is the tits, itll be my first choice, always had a thing for Schumacher, takes me back to my widescale Bosscat......smooth silent running lol.

lee

schmacher 08-02-2008 02:41 PM

you have no clue how many years i've been disapointed in schumacher at the chicago hooby show when they would tell me that they had no plans for a 4wd buggy...now i'm a happy little squirrel :D...i want some real pics though

stulec52 10-02-2008 10:05 PM

My fingers are crossed, that along with the current newer 4wd cars, it helps a general upswing inthe popularity of my favourite class.
Especially over here in Canada, where currently, if it ain't got a nitro engine they are not into it.

U.S.CAT3K 11-02-2008 05:57 AM

If the car doesn't have the rumored 3 belt/4+2 cell layout, I'll be all over it :thumbsup:

HVAC25000 21-02-2008 07:44 PM

You need an option in the poll for "Definitely! If I could afford it..."

Twister 25-02-2008 11:03 AM

I wonder if there is an 2 wd in the works too? Then i would buy that too!:woot:

Welshy40 18-03-2008 05:48 PM

Lets hope that if they do a 2wd and it has a completly new design and it is nothing like that pile of rubbish that they built in the 90's.

Lets hope they have finally woken up and are getting back on track again, as they have had a phase where they were designing rubbish. I am hoping that the 4wd is as good as the hype and these guys at Schumacher are finally back on track, and if thats the case roll on the worlds and lets see some British domination.

mark christopher 18-03-2008 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by U.S.CAT3K (Post 92874)
If the car doesn't have the rumored 3 belt/4+2 cell layout, I'll be all over it :thumbsup:

i understand its 3 belts to allow the motor to run the samee way as the rest of the drive train

4x2 or lipo chassis (stick pack)

Chris Doughty 18-03-2008 06:41 PM

belts don't change the revolution direction, they transfer pulley to pulley and both pulleys go in the same direction.

only gears changes rotation.

HVAC25000 18-03-2008 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoughtyUK.net (Post 105247)
belts don't change the revolution direction, they transfer pulley to pulley and both pulleys go in the same direction.

Knowledge is power!

It's probably got 3 belts so it can run the big one down the side like the Team Magic E4 and thus have the slim design with the batteries centrally located.

Al3xis007 18-03-2008 07:52 PM

Mi3 off road

think about this carefully...
schumacher dont spend money, they use old parts from old kits instead of making new bits. eg every part of the Rascal is from another car!
it doesn't mean they're slow

check out the retro wing mounts, i had those band things on my Cougar 2 works!:woot:

lets see how it goes in 4 weeks hey.....................

mark christopher 18-03-2008 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoughtyUK.net (Post 105247)

i can remember a belt drive system on early tc cars (rw conversion i think) instead of pinion spurs, belt to pulley(pinion) to layshaft/diff would work allow it all to rotate in one direction

or the three belts could be to get the drive round the motor like ic tourer

Chris Doughty 19-03-2008 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark christopher (Post 105275)
i can remember a belt drive system on early tc cars (rw conversion i think) instead of pinion spurs, belt to pulley(pinion) to layshaft/diff would work allow it all to rotate in one direction

or the three belts could be to get the drive round the motor like ic tourer

now that would be interesting... completely gear-free tranny. (no actual pinion and spur)

might also be a reason why they are using a cam motor admustment intead of a screw style? :confused:

mes 20-03-2008 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ralphee (Post 91918)
Well ill be so the noob to offroad so im slowly gonna get into it with the Durga, but from there, yes if this CAT is the tits, itll be my first choice, always had a thing for Schumacher, takes me back to my widescale Bosscat......smooth silent running lol.

lee

Similar situation for me: Durga will be ordered end of this month, Lipo Cat XS is my xmas present of choice :thumbsup:
(Actually, the Durga became a ZX-5SP, still wondering whether to buy a CAT...)

Cruise 27-04-2008 10:28 AM

As its`s now made official I will be Racing Team Schumacher Cat SX.:thumbsup:

My new choice of speedo batteries and motors will be CS-electronics.

Cruise.