oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Race Chat (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   For sale section (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194447)

Peakey 22-12-2017 07:52 PM

For sale section

Can people please give the rules a re read over in the trade section please, there’s been a few posts reported recently for no photos but that rule only applies in the kits section.
Also lots of people posting in that section without photos, it’s really not hard to upload photos to the site.

Thanks

Adam F 22-12-2017 11:16 PM

Always thought the rules were the same in all sections..? Parts states the below?

Standard For Sale section rules apply in this section: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77909

mark christopher 22-12-2017 11:33 PM

As it's so easy, maybe the sales section needs a rule update, and pictures on all sales items, then buyer can see what's for sale ?

Peakey 22-12-2017 11:34 PM

Nothing in there about having to add photos thats just in the kits section

Peakey 22-12-2017 11:35 PM

This is from the kits section
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156575

Peakey 22-12-2017 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark christopher (Post 982054)
As it's so easy, maybe the sales section needs a rule update, and pictures on all sales items, then buyer can see what's for sale ?

If that’s what’s really wanted by people than I don’t have a problem with it

Adam F 22-12-2017 11:45 PM

Taken from the std for sale section rules

"New member RULES (not guidelines!)
New members (or members without positive trader feedback)MUST provide pictures with their threads, at the time of posting the thread. (pictures must be of actual item, not library pictures). Once you've had one thread closed (or been warned once and failed to upload pics again), all future threads without pics will be closed without warning.
New members (or members without positive trader feedback) are forbidden to request paypal gift payments until positive trader feedback is received."

Peakey 23-12-2017 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam F (Post 982058)
Taken from the std for sale section rules

"New member RULES (not guidelines!)
New members (or members without positive trader feedback)MUST provide pictures with their threads, at the time of posting the thread. (pictures must be of actual item, not library pictures). Once you've had one thread closed (or been warned once and failed to upload pics again), all future threads without pics will be closed without warning.
New members (or members without positive trader feedback) are forbidden to request paypal gift payments until positive trader feedback is received."

The one you reported today Adam has been a member since 2012

Adam F 23-12-2017 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peakey (Post 982059)
The one you reported today Adam has been a member since 2012

Not that I care, but surely reporting someone using a report button should be confidential?

Adam F 23-12-2017 08:16 AM

Also, he has no trader feedback, so according to the rules should post photos..

paulc 23-12-2017 08:51 AM

You should have to pictures up with whatever your selling not just kits and whether you've been a member for 10 years or 10 days same rules should apply to all

Peakey 23-12-2017 08:51 AM

For someone to be a member here for 5 years and not receive and negative feedback either helps. We’ve only been enforcing the photo rule in the kits section but I’ll put a poll up and we’ll run it for a month and see what people want it’s the only fair way.

Ross 23-12-2017 12:32 PM

I think you also need to add in a rule that a post for a sold item need to update with "SOLD" when it has and not totally deleted.

Also a rule needs putting in place that if the post isn't deleted then the price needs to stay in the post and not over written with "SOLD"

PaulRotheram 23-12-2017 12:50 PM

I've always went by that every post needs a picture. Parts can be just as expensive as kits - i.e motors / speed controllers etc.

For the small effort it takes to upload a picture its silly not to - even just to prove its validity.

Zippy G 23-12-2017 01:35 PM

deleting

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ross (Post 982072)
I think you also need to add in a rule that a post for a sold item need to update with "SOLD" when it has and not totally deleted.

Also a rule needs putting in place that if the post isn't deleted then the price needs to stay in the post and not over written with "SOLD"

I totally agree with this, it also gives a reference if someone decides to sell something similar to get a guide price. I always put pictures with everything I post and never delete the post, just mark it as sold

fidspeed 23-12-2017 02:49 PM

As usual there are different opinions

I agree that all sales whatever section should have photo it aint difficult. If I can anyone can
if you want to sell your stuff a photo should be no hardship
too often we see " cant upload photos pm for pics" that doesn't cut it for me

thankscto all mods who give their time free to monitor this site

regards dave

daz75 23-12-2017 08:45 PM

Photos on all makes sense to me didn't even realise it was different on each forum

andrewc 24-12-2017 10:21 AM

As per my reply on Poll...

"As a general rule I make initial contact on here then request extra pictures via whatsapp anyway. Selling a chassis recently I did a video to show each outdrive, details of any damage etc.

I do like to see pictures but the whole 400kb size thing is annoying...take pictures on phone, email to Mac, re-size, then clunky upload.

Is there not a way to allow forum to just accept bigger files? Then auto delete all adverts and associated files after 6 weeks?"

Also agree re not removing adverts, gives a better idea of what things are worth, especially for newbies looking to get second hand start up equipment.

PaulRotheram 24-12-2017 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewc (Post 982094)
As per my reply on Poll...

"As a general rule I make initial contact on here then request extra pictures via whatsapp anyway. Selling a chassis recently I did a video to show each outdrive, details of any damage etc.

I do like to see pictures but the whole 400kb size thing is annoying...take pictures on phone, email to Mac, re-size, then clunky upload.

Is there not a way to allow forum to just accept bigger files? Then auto delete all adverts and associated files after 6 weeks?"

Also agree re not removing adverts, gives a better idea of what things are worth, especially for newbies looking to get second hand start up equipment.

In that one post you've just answered your own question. The files are small to keep the forum at a good pace and to keep the content active.

You want to keep threads for future proof of costs etc, yet want to delete them after 6 weeks to make it slightly easier.. it cant work both ways.

I use Imgur now that photobucket inst usable without a subscription. You can upload them via your phone and then copy the links over.

The whole process for a good for sale ad takes about 5 minutes. For the return you get - especially when paying no fees - is a bloody bargain.

Ross 24-12-2017 11:26 AM

Is it worth having a sticky on what hosting sites work on the form ?

Smugmug works fine.
Imgur work fine