oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   South East (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   2012 BRCA SE 4WD Regional Championship RD3 - SUNDAY 24 JUNE - FORCC (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103787)

Hairy Spider 19-06-2012 12:13 PM

2012 BRCA SE 4WD Regional Championship RD3 - SUNDAY 24 JUNE - FORCC

As the title says, Round 3 (of 4) of the 2012 SE 4WD Regional Off-road Championships. As per usual there will also be an Open class to cater for drivers from outside the SE Region and those wishing to run a 2WD around.

To be held at Faversham Off Road Car Club's new(ish) track (check out: http://www.forcc.co.uk/) on SUNDAY 24 JUNE 2012.

Track WILL NOT open until approx. 08:30 for practice so please DO NOT arrive too early!

See you all there, don't forget FREE entry for ALL Juniors, U13's and U16's.

Oh and don't forget your 2012 BRCA Membership details please, there may be a check! Membership application forms will be available for non-members to join on the day!

As with last weeks 2WD, we strongly recommend drivers check here before travelling on Sunday. We will be inspecting the track on Wednesday evening and will let you all know how the ground is holding up then.

For those that haven't been to the Dunkirk track before, please see the directions below:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?daddr=...p=1&sz=16&z=16

Please be aware when entering and leaving the site that driving across the football pitch is strictly forbidden. Once you have entered the field, drive straight ahead passed the toilets on your right and the football pitch on your left. When you reach the rough grass you should find a path mown into it which will take you to the track.

For those of you using sat-nav the postcode that you require is ME13 9LH, this will take you to Courtenay Road, Dunkirk. The entrance to the track is about 450 meters down Courtenay Road on your left and will be sign posted on the day, please look out for the FORCC sign as the entrance is further down this year just past the football pitch where the toilets are.

For those without sat-nav if your coming from Brenley roundabout, take the A2 Canterbury turning, then take the first junction off on your imediate left towards Boughton. Proceed to the end of this road then turn left into Boughton Street. Head right through the village and up Boughton Hill at the top of the hill you will enter the village of Dunkirk. Here you will take the first left into Courtenay Road, proceed down Courtenay road, track entrance will be signposted as written above.

If you are coming from the Dover/Canterbury direction just past the Gate Inn service station on the A2, take the slip road signposted Dunkirk/Boughton, you will go up over the bridge round the left hand bend where you will see Courtenay road on your right, proceed down here, further directions apply as above.
Regards,
Jon.

brookie 19-06-2012 08:57 PM

Thanks Jon!
You beat me to it, was going to do this this evening.....honest!:woot:

Not long been in from a 'tough' Training Day at Brands Hatch!:thumbsup:

Thanks, we'll all keep an eye on the weather, currently looks like this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2649622

so not too bad after Thursday!:thumbsup:.....at present!

trekkerkk 20-06-2012 08:53 AM

good news steve:thumbsup:woop woop

trekkker

R666REW 20-06-2012 01:04 PM

Let's hope my met check is telling me fibs

Burty248 21-06-2012 05:37 PM

Am i correct in saying the event will still go ahead even if its raining?

Its just standing water that causes a problem, right?

Probably not going to rain as bad as they say. Ment to be now and it isnt.

Hairy Spider 21-06-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burty248 (Post 667139)
Am i correct in saying the event will still go ahead even if its raining?

Its just standing water that causes a problem, right?

Probably not going to rain as bad as they say. Ment to be now and it isnt.

The problem last week was saturated ground with standing water which prevented us from mowing and building the track prior to the event. The ground is fine now and we expect to be building the track tomorrow evening :thumbsup:.

If it rains on the day, the meeting 'should' still go ahead. Obviously if the rain were to be extreme then we would have to take a view on the day. We are quite exposed up there... :blush:

Regards,
Jon.

jkclifford 22-06-2012 04:35 AM

been raining quite hard from 2200 till now 0530.

Cost me a fortune in fuel sat in the van with engine runing watching blokes getting soaked.

Not looking good.

R666REW 22-06-2012 07:04 AM

From the way the forecast still looks not 2 jolly

Burty248 22-06-2012 04:33 PM

Weather seems to be getting better as it gets closer to Sunday.

Saturday is no rain all day.

Sunday is rain all morning but should brighten up by 2pm ish.

i bet it the forecast changes again though all ways does.

R666REW 22-06-2012 05:05 PM

Not on that bbc link it not when would the decision be made if we will race or not b4 the day

RichyUK 23-06-2012 10:47 AM

Any news on the track situation guys?

Hairy Spider 23-06-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichyUK (Post 667703)
Any news on the track situation guys?

Track is fine :)

We've had confirmation that the ladies and gents from the village hall will be on hand to serve tea, coffee, bacon rolls and burgers on the day for anyone that's interested :drool:

RichyUK 23-06-2012 11:39 AM

Good stuff :D

spud31 23-06-2012 07:27 PM

extra practise for james lol

jkclifford 23-06-2012 09:03 PM

Dedication to make sure the track was suitable, after 10 packs I can safely say its fine.

Ralls Racing 23-06-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkclifford (Post 667884)
Dedication to make sure the track was suitable, after 10 packs I can safely say its fine.

lmfao:lol::lol::thumbsup::thumbsup:

discostu 23-06-2012 10:07 PM

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Quote:

Originally Posted by jkclifford (Post 667884)

whissstle 23-06-2012 11:09 PM

Tracks looking good, hope the weather holds up.

jkclifford 23-06-2012 11:41 PM

Raining now 0100!

I like it when its slipery!!

crazychicken 24-06-2012 01:11 AM

Bring on the rooster tails. Be good to let the cars get dirty for a change :thumbsup: