oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Schumacher (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Holding on for new buggy? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201724)

TMRdevelopment 08-02-2019 03:16 PM

Holding on for new buggy?

I am keen to buy a new 2wd and want to stick with the Schumacher stuff as never had any issues with them personally (and more importantly just takes me back to my younger RC days). The KC seems to have been out for a while now so wondering how much longer I can hold out to see if a new/updated car is released soon - have they been trying anything different at the EOS/Reedy/Other world events?

matt 08-02-2019 04:53 PM

They have been trying a new 2wd at the last few big indoor meetings and at the reedy race. It's a 3 gear regular gearbox car. My guess would be around March/April time as that would give it a 2 year life cycle.

Ross 08-02-2019 05:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here you go...

neallewis 09-02-2019 02:15 AM

I've seen the new car at EOS last weekend, looks great and looks to run great too. no formal release date, but as mentioned above, likely April time for the outdoor national season.

You'll find some sweet deals soon on some well spec'd KC's though.

TMRdevelopment 11-02-2019 08:49 AM

Thanks everyone, worth hanging on a bit longer I guess

hansie 16-02-2019 09:55 AM

Gears?

Hello all,

I am also in need for a new astro car and untill I heard the New schuey May have gears It was a no brainer to buy schumacher again.
If It really is a 3 gear car for astro/carpet why would I go for a schuey instead of a car brand that has been using gears for years? I love my schumacher cars because of the belts.although I also love my kd for clay tracks apart from the diff access..... 😱
I never have transmission issues with belts and I love the way I can easily change motor position by changing belts.
If It is a gear car I would be disappointed I think.
But Who knows, I May love what they cooked up.

Regards

Hans

mark christopher 17-02-2019 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hansie (Post 996835)
Hello all,

I am also in need for a new astro car and untill I heard the New schuey May have gears It was a no brainer to buy schumacher again.
If It really is a 3 gear car for astro/carpet why would I go for a schuey instead of a car brand that has been using gears for years? I love my schumacher cars because of the belts.although I also love my kd for clay tracks apart from the diff access..... ��
I never have transmission issues with belts and I love the way I can easily change motor position by changing belts.
If It is a gear car I would be disappointed I think.
But Who knows, I May love what they cooked up.

Regards

Hans

So schumacher have not had a geared car and been using one for years?

Sv, svr, kd...?

hansie 17-02-2019 11:23 AM

Hello all,

I meant for astro racing.
I have owned SVR, kr, kd so pardon my lack of specifying further.
I Just loved my belt driven astro cars.
They were/are different and very low maintanance.
No crispy idler gears that I see with asso, xray, losi etc on these high traction surfaces.
Maybe It is my autistic side, I dont like change?

And with brexit schumy parts Will become more expensive for me I think.
No problem for my beloved belt cars, I would be happy to pay extra since I like my belt cars a lot, if It is a normal gear car It is another thing to consider for me.
Just my 0.02

Hans