oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Caldicot Radio Control Car Club (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Club night Friday March 21st VINTAGE!!! (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147475)

shaungooner 17-03-2014 12:18 PM

Club night Friday March 21st VINTAGE!!!

It's the last round of our vintage series this Friday and it's all to play for between Huw Daniel Jenkins and me at the top of table, as well as the RC dinosaurs we'll be running the usual 1/10th 2wd and 4wd and micro heats so who's in and what are you running

http://www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk/wp.../picture-1.jpg

Belsten 17-03-2014 12:23 PM

Im in, B5M action for me

shaungooner 17-03-2014 01:08 PM

nice one Dave, can't wait to see you and Craig in a B5M battle!!

Teaboy 17-03-2014 01:13 PM

I would like to be first to Congratulate Sean as Vintage champion for 2013/ 2014 as myself and Huw are not going to be there for the final round.

If anyone would like to buy a vintage car i have my Yokomo 870c and RC10 for sale both just need motor speedo and radio put in so you can run on friday.

Cheers

Rich

Belsten 17-03-2014 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaungooner (Post 845801)
nice one Dave, can't wait to see you and Craig in a B5M battle!!

yup should be fun :thumbsup:

brian s 18-03-2014 12:54 PM

i`m there, not running vintage though. will get the keys and open up.

peetbee 18-03-2014 01:13 PM

Cheers Bri

It sounds like there may not be enough vintage runners to make a heat this week. Please ensure you bring your modern cars as well, just in case.

Dr Fly 18-03-2014 01:46 PM

Hey Guys,

Last week was a bit of a nighmare, for racers and for race control. We had around 30 2wd, 11 Micros and a handful of 4wd's which we had to squeeze into 6 heats to keep to shedule. We did a bit of meddling to fit everyone in, but this ended up in some confusion when we sorted the finals. It really didnt help when we came to the finals as the standard of driving was pretty poor.

Hopefully this week we will cover some of the basics of driving standards during our race brief to stop some of our newer members learning some bad habbits.

This week we will probably try to seed 2wd and 4wd togehter based on ability to keep heat numbers down, but we will see dependant on the turn out.

Tom

brian s 18-03-2014 03:33 PM

pete, put vintage off for a week (may have my spare bits by then) and rich and huw may also run then.
dont think mixing 2wd/4wd classes together would be a good idea, might be better to run 3 rounds of 7 min heats and 7 min finals , what do others think ???

shaungooner 18-03-2014 03:37 PM

the 4wd heat had a few 2wd buggies running in it last week which seemed to work ok for qualifying

i'll bring the KF as it looks like not enough for vintage, I'm happy to run against the 4wd'ers with my 2wd

peetbee 19-03-2014 05:17 PM

Sorry, I won't be there either this week.
If vintage can be rescheduled then that'd be great!

brian s 19-03-2014 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peetbee (Post 846316)
Sorry, I won't be there either this week.
If vintage can be rescheduled then that'd be great!

re-schedule for the 28th ???

shaungooner 20-03-2014 06:59 AM

sounds good to me

Dan Pickard 20-03-2014 08:23 AM

I think seeding is a good idea, the fastest guys in one heat (irrespective of 2 or 4 wd), the next fastest in the next heat, and so on. There is very little difference these days anyway between 2 and 4 wd in terms of speed around the track.

zoaman 20-03-2014 10:39 AM

Blimey that means I wont get in a round until its time to pack away.:D

brian s 20-03-2014 07:00 PM

mixing 2wd and 4wd classes generally not a good idea as the line the cars take around the track is totally different for each , has nothing to do with the speed of the cars.

slimracer 20-03-2014 07:59 PM

I think this time of yer we need to say no to micro and just have 2wd and 4wd as they say no to truck last week again

Dr Fly 20-03-2014 08:54 PM

the problem with that is that some members only have micro. And its one of the most popular classes of the club.

We will never keep everyone happy all the time, but if we can find a way for you all to run, whilst keeping a maximum of 6 heats, then we will.

at the moment we normally run 2 heats of micro, 2 to 3 heats of 2wd and 1 heat of 4wd. and its working ok for the most part. Unfortunalty some of the fastest 4wd are having to lap some of the slower ones too often, and the 2wd are all getting bunched into 3 heats of 10 or 11 drivers.

If we merge the classes, then we can match the abilities much better and have more even heat numbers. This helps with spreading the marshaling out and making sure the fast guys are running with the fast guys and the begineers are with beginners.

We will make a call based on numbers tomorrow, but most likely, the majority of racers wont even notice!!

blue_pinky 20-03-2014 11:30 PM

Mixing classes based on ability is common place amongst other clubs, and we've done it at Caldicot quite regularly over the years without any issues.

The mixing tends to be with the very best and lowest abilities, where it makes no difference at all to the racing. The middle heats on the whole stay pretty unmixed.

For example, Dave or Craig running 2wd's with the 4wd's, or a beginners heat of mixed cars.

The main priority is to minimise the amount of lapping going on, as that causes the most issues, for both the faster and slower cars!

Suffice to say, we are just doing the best we can to get the most racing possible on a night. We race for fun and bragging rights, nothing more, so keep calm and keep racing :)

blue_pinky 20-03-2014 11:33 PM

As for difference in lines....I would say people's thumbs and fingers cause a much bigger variation in lines and driving styles...so the number of driven wheels on each is the least of your worries!!! :woot::D