oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   XRAY (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=191)
-   -   Xb2 rear grip on carpet (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176341)

Buggyman 23-01-2016 09:00 AM

Xb2 rear grip on carpet

Hi all, I need a little help here. I am running my xb2 as per kit setup with the medium front plastics and 40 gram under lipo weight and I can't seem to to get rear traction. When I apply the brakes or try to accelerate out of a corner, the back end want to come around. Any suggestions?.

discostu 23-01-2016 09:37 AM

It I'll be your setup causing the problem

fivepointnine 23-01-2016 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buggyman (Post 938706)
Hi all, I need a little help here. I am running my xb2 as per kit setup with the medium front plastics and 40 gram under lipo weight and I can't seem to to get rear traction. When I apply the brakes or try to accelerate out of a corner, the back end want to come around. Any suggestions?.

I did my setup as per the Malin EOS on petit. Only difference is I am running composite front bulkhead and only 25G under the lipo instead of 50g. Lipo to the front. My rear end was absolutely locked in on medium grip carpet. I mean LOCKED in.

jonathan may 23-01-2016 03:54 PM

is your diff empty does it need rebuilding

thorny97 23-01-2016 08:19 PM

i have the same issue, but not tried anything yet. not raced this month

brooksy 23-01-2016 10:22 PM

Sorry to hijack this post a little,(could be silly question time)but is the ball diff a direct fit into the xb2?. Hopefully I should be getting the car in the next few weeks and if it does ill get one for it.

fil9144 23-01-2016 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brooksy (Post 938779)
Sorry to hijack this post a little,(could be silly question time)but is the ball diff a direct fit into the xb2?. Hopefully I should be getting the car in the next few weeks and if it does ill get one for it.

I bought I ball diff with my kit and haven't to be honest even built my gear diff and just waiting for my shell now so can run it

arceye 24-01-2016 05:44 AM

That's your official ball diff
http://www.rcdisco.com/part-info.php?partNo=XR325000
I'm gonna try mine with it today at York for first time seeing as its a bit slippy. So fingers crossed it works (never run ball diff before)

brooksy 24-01-2016 09:50 AM

It will definitely be better on the slippy stuff than the gear diff. I will be using mine mainly on carpet so the gear diff will get most use. Even when I run outdoors the gear diff will be in most of the time unless it's wet.

Paulpdm 11-03-2016 10:48 PM

I found the rear was a bit too lively, on the XB2, on lower grip carpet grip, with kit set up. So, I Went up to 12500 cst oil in diff and laid down the rear shocks. It worked a treat. Read end was locked in! :thumbsup:

Craigmase 26-03-2016 08:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Both my mate & I found the diff to evaporate the oil, although Bent said this is impossible with silicone oils. We found the oil would turn black and the viscosity would turn to a paste. We have used all the manufactures oils and all have found all to be the same. I've put it down to the small tight and twisty tracks here in the UK which is over heating the oil. After 4-5 runs we could tell when the oil was getting low as the would start to over rotate in the corners and become very unpredictable. Both my mate and I now run the ball diff which is far superior and manageable, just don't let it slip and ensure you don't over tighten.

mart754 26-03-2016 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buggyman (Post 938706)

I had this issue. Solved it by loosening the slipper.

Cosworth 26-03-2016 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craigmase (Post 944374)
Both my mate & I found the diff to evaporate the oil, although Bent said this is impossible with silicone oils. We found the oil would turn black and the viscosity would turn to a paste. We have used all the manufactures oils and all have found all to be the same. I've put it down to the small tight and twisty tracks here in the UK which is over heating the oil. After 4-5 runs we could tell when the oil was getting low as the would start to over rotate in the corners and become very unpredictable. Both my mate and I now run the ball diff which is far superior and manageable, just don't let it slip and ensure you don't over tighten.

Same with me. Filled my diff on Wednesday with fresh associated 7k oil and by Friday night it was empty leaving just s thick goop of burnt black oil which smells revolting.

Good job it's only 6 screws to get the diff out!

fil9144 26-03-2016 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosworth (Post 944387)
Same with me. Filled my diff on Wednesday with fresh associated 7k oil and by Friday night it was empty leaving just s thick goop of burnt black oil which smells revolting.

Good job it's only 6 screws to get the diff out!

Are you running metal or plastic gears?
I have built mine up with metal ones and ordered the metal pins from France so goi g try it at bury if weather is ok

Cosworth 26-03-2016 12:37 PM

Built it up with the plastic gears. I did have a look for metal gears but couldn't see them on Mb.

Craigmase 26-03-2016 12:41 PM

Tried both with the same result, even removed two of the gears so there was a greater volume of oil, lasts longer but still the same net result. I would recommend going with the ball diff

fil9144 26-03-2016 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craigmase (Post 944400)
Tried both with the same result, even removed two of the gears so there was a greater volume of oil, lasts longer but still the same net result. I would recommend going with the ball diff

I have a ball diff going to give the gear diff a run and see what maybe o can think of. Bit surprised to be honest as the xray gear diffs are what made the xb4 such a great car

bagwaa 24-04-2016 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craigmase (Post 944374)

I thought this was just me, at the start of clubnights my diff feels good, but as the night goes on I can feel the oil having less and less effect. I am also running metal inside instead of the plastics.

J77MYF 24-04-2016 05:31 PM

This isn't happening to me with mine. I usually dislike gear diffs but I like this one.