oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   North East (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Jarrow Outdoor 4WD Regional 2008 (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9663)

Dalla 03-04-2008 09:20 PM

Jarrow Outdoor 4WD Regional 2008

Details for JORCR 2008 Outdoor 4WD Regional

Sunday 27th April (4WD)

Unfortunately no camping on site, hence we are running 4WD only.

We will be opening up at 8am.

We will have use of the school facilities i.e. toilets, but sorry electric will be for race control only, so bring your 12V batteries/generators.

We intend to arrange a burger van on site for the entire day or Morrisons is 5 mins away and will be open 10am - 4pm.

We have plans for the track and can ensure everyone that it will not be flat grass.

This is our first regional at this new venue, so please come along and support us. Remember it is the best 3 out of 4 and this is the first round, so you might want to get some early points on the board.

Find us at:

Jarrow School
Field Terrace
Jarrow
Tyne & Wear
United Kingdom
NE32 5PR

http://www.freewebs.com/jorcr/

Heres a MAP and DIRECTIONS to the venue:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl...=16&iwloc=addr

From the A1:
Take the turn off for the A194.
Straight over at the first roundabout.
Straight over at the second roundabout (Siemens on your left.)
Take the next exit and take the second exit roundabout at the bottom of the slip road (York Avenue).
Straight over at the next roundabout (Bede Burn Road).
Take the next right onto Field Terrace.
Take the second right onto Kitchener Terrace.
Entrance on the left.

From the A19:
Take the turn off for the A194.
First exit at the roundabout if A19 North bound. Third exit if A19 South bound.
Take the second exit/slip road and then fourth exit roundabout at the bottom of the slip road (York Avenue).
Straight over at the next roundabout onto Bede Burn Road.
Take the next right onto Field Terrace.
Take the second right onto Kitchener Terrace.
Entrance on the left.

Any locals or drivers stopping over on the Saturday night who are willing to help with the track build, please contact any of the committee.

Additional Info:
Please Note:
1. This is a school site and as such is NO SMOKING.

2. We have use of an adjacent car park and it will be perfectly possible to pit from cars. You will be able to pit on the field, erect tents etc, but there will be no cars allowed.

3. As mentioned above we have arranged on site catering, for the sake of our relationship with the local residents we would request that once everyone is on site, traffic is kept to a minimum.

dave p hall 05-04-2008 10:19 AM

looking forward to the outdoor regionals:pnice drive from hull,for the first round:cry:at least jarrow looks fairly easy to find:woot:

josh_smaxx 05-04-2008 10:23 AM

Looking forward to my first outdoor season, just hope i can get my B44 bought, built and ready for the 27th, or i'll be finishing last with my B4 :cry: lol.

rcracer 05-04-2008 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave p hall (Post 110600)
looking forward to the outdoor regionals:pnice drive from hull,for the first round:cry:at least jarrow looks fairly easy to find:woot:

Mr Hall back on the eh :confused:

ben 05-04-2008 10:27 AM

Cant wait to get back outdoors.:thumbsup: What ideas have you got for the track?

ben

dave p hall 05-04-2008 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by josh_smaxx (Post 110601)
Looking forward to my first outdoor season, just hope i can get my B44 bought, built and ready for the 27th, or i'll be finishing last with my B4 :cry: lol.

looks like b44 will be popular this year josh:lol:i haven't raced for past 10 months lol:pdriving lesson's anyone:p

dave p hall 05-04-2008 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcracer (Post 110603)
Mr Hall back on the eh :confused:

yes indeed lol:pme ib nightmare is over,fingers crossed:)me energ's are looking nice in the rapper:thumbsup:

josh_smaxx 05-04-2008 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave p hall (Post 110605)
looks like b44 will be popular this year josh:lol:i haven't raced for past 10 months lol:pdriving lesson's anyone:p

Yep, its cheap and quick, except i can only afford the car, so i might just be pushing it around :p

mattym0310 05-04-2008 11:10 AM

I'll be there with the pred! :) Is the surface just grass but with a few jumps/? similar to York or NERCR outdoor tracks???

It'll be good to get back outside and some more regionals! but I think the North East needs more tracks, I'm sure there were more than 4 last year :confused:

ben 05-04-2008 11:17 AM

Bury metro arent in our region this year matt :)

mattym0310 05-04-2008 11:47 AM

Yeah i know ben

Northy 05-04-2008 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattym0310 (Post 110619)
but I think the North East needs more tracks, I'm sure there were more than 4 last year :confused:

There are more than 4 tracks on the calendar Matt, there are 5!
If you want more tracks do something about it - don't moan on a public forum.

G

AndyM 05-04-2008 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northy (Post 110638)
don't moan on a public forum.

G

G i don't think Matty was moaning; he was just stating his opinion.

I can't wait to get outside either, :) looking forward to trying the Pred outdoors.

Northy 05-04-2008 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyM (Post 110652)
G i don't think Matty was moaning; he was just stating his opinion.

Andy, I've never seen an opinion with question marks after it :p

G

AndyM 05-04-2008 01:00 PM

LOL, well he was asking a question then :thumbsup:

:)

ben 05-04-2008 01:02 PM

lol Graham. I think we need to get something sorted about a york permanent track. It seems to have gone a bit quiet again :( Did anything come of darrens idea of the grass tracking venue?

ben

chrispattinson 07-04-2008 09:44 AM

Looking at the calendar, it seems that local knowledge will count for nothing this year, apart from the Batley 2WD. Does anyone think this will influence the results?

I cant wait for this outdoor season, really looking forward to Jarrow!

Lee 07-04-2008 09:48 AM

I think the fast guys will still be fast chris but it does make it a bit more of a level playing field for those of us who dont have a local track.

I cant wait either,i just hope its dry:(

turbo_brick 07-04-2008 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattym0310 (Post 110619)
I'll be there with the pred! :) Is the surface just grass but with a few jumps/? similar to York or NERCR outdoor tracks???

Sort of it's starting off as a relatively flat piece of grass, but Chris Clarke has big plans for it. When he gets back from the 1/12th euro's I should know more.:)

Peter

Lee 08-04-2008 06:58 AM

I can get hold of a JCB:woot:

I cant see the school being too impressed though:lol: