oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   North East (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   When to start racing in regionals? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90387)

VincentVisser 12-01-2012 05:12 PM

When to start racing in regionals?

Good Day Peeps

I am a bit new to the RC world so excuse for the strange question but when is the best time to actually start entering regionals?

I am not very good at it but I want to try and get over that real race fear that you normally have in the beginning... Even if I come dead last I am not really to bothered with that as lets be honest you can only improve from there on right?

What should your setup look like?

I know the pros run factory team everything with concept parts that they test out. Do you think someone like myself with a beginner’s buggy with a few upgrades on can actually enter into something like this or will you be laughed at?

Any help will be massive.

Vince

Shifta 12-01-2012 10:50 PM

No one will laugh at you, We are a friendly bunch most of the time :)
People of all ages and ability race at regionals, the more the merrier..
Where do you race now?
What kind of buggy do you have?

Steven Forster 13-01-2012 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VincentVisser (Post 606462)
Good Day Peeps

I am a bit new to the RC world so excuse for the strange question but when is the best time to actually start entering regionals?

I am not very good at it but I want to try and get over that real race fear that you normally have in the beginning... Even if I come dead last I am not really to bothered with that as lets be honest you can only improve from there on right?

I know the pros run factory team everything with concept parts that they test out. Do you think someone like myself with a beginner’s buggy with a few upgrades on can actually enter into something like this or will you be laughed at?

Vince

I started racing in april last year and think i only raced around 5 times before entering the regionals, best thing to do no matter where you finish just for the experience...........

When the dates and venues are confirmed get your name down ;)

:thumbsup:

AfroP 13-01-2012 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dexter24 (Post 606746)
I started racing in april last year and think i only raced around 5 times before entering the regionals, best thing to do no matter where you finish just for the experience...........

When the dates and venues are confirmed get your name down ;)

think my second ever race last year was a regional and it was fantastic
great fun and great experience

I think its a good blend of serious racers and people like myself who do it more for fun

VincentVisser 13-01-2012 09:05 AM

I currently run a Mad rat brushless rtr with upgrades.

I race in York so there are a mix of fun racers and pro racers that come there.

It sounds like I should just jump in feet first so will put my name down as soon as the list comes out.

Do we know when regionals normally start? Just so I can keep a eye out for it?

Thanks
Vince

Steven Forster 13-01-2012 01:21 PM

First regional race last year was 15th of may.........

Make sure you bring spare parts and maybe 1 or 2 sets of spare tires with you and a good idea to bring some food and drink :thumbsup:

AfroP 13-01-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dexter24 (Post 606882)
First regional race last year was 15th of may.........

Make sure you bring spare parts and maybe 1 or 2 sets of spare tires with you and a good idea to bring some food and drink :thumbsup:

and dont do what we did last year and turn up with no table, chair and car battery to charge from :thumbsup:

jim76 13-01-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VincentVisser (Post 606798)
I currently run a Mad rat brushless rtr with upgrades.

I race in York so there are a mix of fun racers and pro racers that come there.

It sounds like I should just jump in feet first so will put my name down as soon as the list comes out.

Do we know when regionals normally start? Just so I can keep a eye out for it?

Thanks
Vince

You certainly won't be outclassed running a madrat. I put one in the C final of the Regional Finals a couple of years ago, so it is more than capable of mixing with the top end buggies. The only thing i will say is if you haven't already done so, try and upgrade the kit shocks to some form of alloy shocks. The kit shocks will not stand up to outdoor regional tracks, they will keep popping open. Apart from that, the rest of the car is fine.

Steven Forster 13-01-2012 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfroP (Post 606893)
and dont do what we did last year and turn up with no table, chair and car battery to charge from :thumbsup:

Oh yeah i forgot about that, ive got myself a shelter now so no getting wet :woot: :thumbsup:

Gemma 25-01-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VincentVisser (Post 606462)
Good Day Peeps

Vince

The answer to this would be more the merrier! We have beginner, and more advance drivers.

Come along, there is plenty of people to help you, and point you in the right direction!.

wacattack 25-01-2012 11:11 AM

Regionals are considered, in my eyes anyway, the fun series. As people have mentioned, there is a wide range of talent at regional events, from the odd national A finalists to complete beginnners. You will not be made to feel unwanted.

dmsykes 05-02-2012 02:50 PM

Regional Dates

Anyone got an update of the regional dates yet.

I am trying to book holidays and knowing my luck will manage to book when the regional dates clash.:(

Gemma 06-02-2012 08:36 AM

We are just waiting back from the clubs in regards to dates. As soon as we have had all the dates confirmed we will let you know.

Thanks,