oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   XRAY (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=191)
-   -   Rear grip astroturf (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179651)

antepop 05-05-2016 04:45 AM

Rear grip astroturf

I've been trying on xb2 on medium astroturf and being low on rear grip.
Is anybody have any setup tips?

/tobys 05-05-2016 07:35 AM

Please post your current setup.

antepop 05-05-2016 08:01 AM

http://s32.postimg.org/j0ja61lqd/1_ante_1_Page_1.jpg

antepop 05-05-2016 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by /tobys (Post 948245)
Please post your current setup.

Fixed 😊

westyrc 05-05-2016 10:14 PM

Xb2

How?

antepop 06-05-2016 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westyrc (Post 948316)
How?

I was unclear, I meant that I've uploaded my setup. 😞

simonrhart 06-05-2016 07:26 PM

When is the rear loose, corner entry, mid or exit?

You are running 2 degree positive rear camber - this will take away rear grip. If rear grip entry is a problem, you might want to increase the rear toe a bit using the bushings. I run 3 degree rear tow on mine which gives me loads of corner exit speed - more suited to my driving.

You are also running hard plastics more suited to high-grip tracks i.e. the top deck and front role centre holder.

Also try removing the motor screw, this will allow the chassis to flex more under power. Try moving the battery to the back - this is where I run mine. If you have the weight under lipo this also settles the car a lot better and improves it's flight.

Hope that helps
Simon

Quote:

Originally Posted by antepop (Post 948241)
I've been trying on xb2 on medium astroturf and being low on rear grip.
Is anybody have any setup tips?

/tobys 06-05-2016 09:50 PM

You could try the medium plastic parts (where not used).

Try without the front wing and move the rear wing to the high position.

Try 4 degs toe in.

What wheels are you running - do you have the correct offset on the rear if not running X-Ray wheels?

Try mounting the rear shocks onto the rear (you'll need to cut the wing though). Either inside or middle hole on wishbone.

Can you advise what tyres and motor you are running, whether you have any boost/turbo on the speedo? Whats the pile of the astro like? Much sand?

Tyres make a massive difference, especially when trying to get a car designed for high grip to work in medium/low grip. Do you have the same problem on new tyres?

As already mentioned, the under lipo weight can help calm things down.

How did you arrive at the 5k diff oil? I've found that if the grip isn't high enough, the gear diff can make the rear lively under power, particularly if there is a lot of lateral weight transfer (like the inside wheel goes light and the rear pivots much more than desired). So ball diff might be an option to look at if you are still struggling.

HTH

antepop 07-05-2016 05:01 AM

It's loose in exits of corner.

I have minus camber. .missed it in the setup sheet. . 😞

Good tips, I will try them and hope it will be better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by simonrhart (Post 948396)
When is the rear loose, corner entry, mid or exit?

You are running 2 degree positive rear camber - this will take away rear grip. If rear grip entry is a problem, you might want to increase the rear toe a bit using the bushings. I run 3 degree rear tow on mine which gives me loads of corner exit speed - more suited to my driving.

You are also running hard plastics more suited to high-grip tracks i.e. the top deck and front role centre holder.

Also try removing the motor screw, this will allow the chassis to flex more under power. Try moving the battery to the back - this is where I run mine. If you have the weight under lipo this also settles the car a lot better and improves it's flight.

Hope that helps
Simon

antepop 07-05-2016 05:21 AM

Nice!

I don't have xray wheels but I have the right offset for the wheels.

I got Schumacher spike tires on back that they drove on world's. And they are our regulated tires.
I drive 7,5 and have some boost, but not direct at gas power.
It's much sand in astroturf.

5k diff oil is what I had on carpet. I will try a lighter oil.
Maybe try two gears in diff?

Quote:

Originally Posted by /tobys (Post 948412)
You could try the medium plastic parts (where not used).

Try without the front wing and move the rear wing to the high position.

Try 4 degs toe in.

What wheels are you running - do you have the correct offset on the rear if not running X-Ray wheels?

Try mounting the rear shocks onto the rear (you'll need to cut the wing though). Either inside or middle hole on wishbone.

Can you advise what tyres and motor you are running, whether you have any boost/turbo on the speedo? Whats the pile of the astro like? Much sand?

Tyres make a massive difference, especially when trying to get a car designed for high grip to work in medium/low grip. Do you have the same problem on new tyres?

As already mentioned, the under lipo weight can help calm things down.

How did you arrive at the 5k diff oil? I've found that if the grip isn't high enough, the gear diff can make the rear lively under power, particularly if there is a lot of lateral weight transfer (like the inside wheel goes light and the rear pivots much more than desired). So ball diff might be an option to look at if you are still struggling.

HTH

J77MYF 07-05-2016 01:15 PM

I run the gear diff with 3k oil on a sandy low grip Astro track and it's good. I always run the battery in the back position but I don't really like added weight. Im running the kit 4 degrees rear toe but with less antisquat. Indoors on slippy floor I run the ball diff.

Wacker 2 08-05-2016 10:39 PM

Ball diff is a must in lower grip conditions.

Rear wing in the upper position and leave more gurney on the rear wing itself.

Battery at the rear position.

Pownabown 09-05-2016 11:53 AM

I would also drop your rear toe bushings down so it gives a higher role centre.
They would also increase on power grip on the rear.
Remove front wing.
3k diff oil. slightyl lighter rear shock oil ie 250cst im running on same pistons.
Remove the rear downstop shims as more droop increases grip also

andys 10-05-2016 09:51 AM

When you say drop rear bushings down - do you mean dots to bottom or top?

shaun m 10-05-2016 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andys (Post 948693)
When you say drop rear bushings down - do you mean dots to bottom or top?

Dots to the bottom .