oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Schumacher (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Cougar Laydown (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202626)

AmiSMB 15-04-2019 02:37 PM

Cougar Laydown

It has been very quiet regarding this so far so I just wondered on peoples thoughts so far regarding this new car as it is now very imminent that we are mid April.

knighthawk 15-04-2019 02:57 PM

No Doughnut's yet on Facebook

Kevg57 15-04-2019 03:16 PM

very quiet on the Laydown front,

madmulc 15-04-2019 04:56 PM

It’s amazing, feels completely different to the KC. Much more drive out of the corners and a lot less body roll. I love my KC but the laydown is on a different level

AmiSMB 15-04-2019 05:09 PM

Madmulc great to hear from someone who had raced theirs. What surface have you used it one and did you have to make many setup changes? Are there any changes that you are considering next time out?

madmulc 15-04-2019 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmiSMB (Post 998333)
Madmulc great to hear from someone who had raced theirs. What surface have you used it one and did you have to make many setup changes? Are there any changes that you are considering next time out?

The car is amazing out the box, I have raced it on EOS and Astro going from EOS to Astro all I changed was the rear oil and springs. I also only run two gears in the diff instead of the four it comes with. I am also running the electrics and battery forward. I was amazed at how different the car feels compared to the KC it has a lot more initial response and so much flatter through the bends. I run the car as kit apart from the front under servo weight which I always run.

daz75 15-04-2019 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madmulc (Post 998341)
The car is amazing out the box, I have raced it on EOS and Astro going from EOS to Astro all I changed was the rear oil and springs. I also only run two gears in the diff instead of the four it comes with. I am also running the electrics and battery forward. I was amazed at how different the car feels compared to the KC it has a lot more initial response and so much flatter through the bends. I run the car as kit apart from the front under servo weight which I always run.

What does less gears in the diff do?

madmulc 15-04-2019 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daz75 (Post 998342)
What does less gears in the diff do?

Gives more drive out of the corners, however the gears wear a lot quicker and the diff oil needs changing more frequently

Kevg57 16-04-2019 07:15 AM

madmulc how does it feel so much different to the KC?

Front end geometry is the same, so the handling difference must be down to the L1 rear geometry and the motor pos 4 position, and a bit of CoG difference.

Cant wait to try my KC in pos 4 and L1 rear spec this weekend, finished the swap over on Sunday.

AmiSMB 16-04-2019 07:32 AM

When I looked at a team drivers Cougar Laydown the rear diff is incredibly low. With the rear gearbox being plastic I think it changes the whole rear flex characteristics. It will be interesting to see how ordinary club drivers get on with it compared to the KC.

lofty2332 17-04-2019 03:26 PM

I am getting back into the hobby after a 20 year absence, would I be better getting a Cougar Laydown or KC?

I am very tempted by the Laydown which is currently cheaper than the older car on most modelshop websites. I'm torn between a Laydown, KC or Associated B6.1

Adam F 17-04-2019 09:26 PM

Laydown as its the latest, so residuals will be stronger.. plus its ok on most surfaces from what I have read..

Used KC prices will drop down as a result, so it could make sense as a used purchase... its still a great car..

Wolvie 18-04-2019 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lofty2332 (Post 998380)
I am getting back into the hobby after a 20 year absence, would I be better getting a Cougar Laydown or KC?

I am very tempted by the Laydown which is currently cheaper than the older car on most modelshop websites. I'm torn between a Laydown, KC or Associated B6.1

B6.1 works great but if slope makes you mad forget it!
My Cougar LD is pre-ordered.

mark christopher 18-04-2019 06:30 PM

Quote:

Fully dependent on budget, the kc is a good car, and will remain a good car. you will also pick up a good second hand one cheaper with options fitted, the ld builds nice looks nice and seems to be easier to drive. I'm keeping my kc along side my ld
Either way you wont be disappointed

olied 19-04-2019 06:32 AM

Saw one at our club night last night. Looks awesome, I’d be tempted if I was in the market for a new buggy

stormyyyy 19-04-2019 09:31 PM

I'm confussed, i have had a laydown on order for the last month, so has it been released/shipped yet as none of the shops seem to have it or is there a release date that anyone knows about as mid april has been and gone.

Spils77 19-04-2019 10:25 PM

I think the release date was ment to be the 17th April but this has now changed to the 26th April? I also have the car pre-ordered and on checking the model shop website this is the date they are expecting there stock delivery. Just got to wait a few more days.

Wolvie 20-04-2019 05:58 AM

I've read on a fb forum it should be next week...

mark christopher 20-04-2019 06:19 PM

Quote:

Wont go wrong with this

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202686

olied 20-04-2019 08:01 PM

Absolutely. That’d be a mega buggy for that money