oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   East of England (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   PLEASE NOTE (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153493)

colin76 05-07-2014 10:56 PM

PLEASE NOTE

Due to a conflict of interests I will not be attending the Regional at ARC tomorrow. As im sure you will have seen I currently work out the heats using a drivers average from their last 4meetings (using 2012/13 and current season). Late bookings have been received and as stated they may not get seeded, in this instance it worked out as we had enough entries to fairly add these drivers into an appropiate heat. We also have the 2012 champion returning and his average is high enough to be top seed. The decision has been taken out of my hands and heats resorted so that top seed has a high average but is down in the championship, the current 3rd place driver goes in heat 1 as he booked in late. Other late entries are in higher heats despite having a lower average and lower championship position. 2 drivers with who have earned a decent average have been placed in a bottom heat. I have been placed in the top heat despite not reaching an A final last season, an A final regular over the last 2 years has been placed bottom in 2nd top heat. Despite coming up with a fair system and spending hours putting it in place, I have been told my system makes no sense, yet a system where by we have a mix of championship positions, results and late entries does not leave us with consistent fair heats which is what I have been trying to do. I cannot justify a club refusing to do as I requested when I am running the series, so I refuse to support this meeting.

Losi_110 06-07-2014 12:01 AM

I feel sorry for you Colin that you have been put in this situation. How come it's takdn till round 4 for an objection to the way you sort the heats?

jimbobr5turbo 06-07-2014 05:35 AM

I hope you change your mind, but can understand how you must feel. This is disappointing for the region, yet again 1 persons attitude has let your well oiled series hit trouble. I for one like your system, although you could add a drop score into it lol. Mainly due to a disaster in Qualy at nbc!

I can't understand why arc wouldn't want to gain popularity, not negative feedback. Sadly mercc is not on the calendar, but they always had a friendly meeting and always tried to be a good host. Colchester also has a great attitude.

Chin up Colin, just another speed bump...

rcmodelweek 06-07-2014 07:43 AM

Well said Colin, you're the rep, what you say goes! Irrespective of whether a host club agrees or not.

JohnM 06-07-2014 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcmodelweek (Post 865252)
Well said Colin, you're the rep, what you say goes! Irrespective of whether a host club agrees or not.

+1 on that, none of the other clubs have had an issue this year with how things have been worked out, this stinks of people trying to help out their mates by moving competitors into disadvantaged positions:thumbdown:

That and the state the track was in today means I won't be going back to ARC again, if I wanted to race at the beach with random things sticking out of it, I'd go to the sea side.

racingdwarf 06-07-2014 01:34 PM

having run a regional this year I was very glad colin did the heats as it's a hot potato that I was very glad not to deal with! God only knows why ARC took the decision:confused: and tbh I don't think hosting clubs should just take over regional decisions?

racingdwarf 06-07-2014 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnM (Post 865294)
+1 on that, none of the other clubs have had an issue this year with how things have been worked out, this stinks of people trying to help out their mates by moving competitors into disadvantaged positions:thumbdown:

That and the state the track was in today means I won't be going back to ARC again, if I wanted to race at the beach with random things sticking out of it, I'd go to the sea side.

Didn't miss much then, still world class track

jimbobr5turbo 06-07-2014 05:14 PM

Ok, so after a challenging regional at arc, will normal service resume at the next rounds? Also, there were no trophies today, will they be passed on in due course?

spindles69 06-07-2014 05:38 PM

Trophies

Colin has the trophies James.Will get them at the next round.Colin has done a superb job so far with the support of all of the competitors.So a little glitch is nothing to worry about.See you all at the next round.

colin76 06-07-2014 06:57 PM

I an awaiting trophies, my supplier was on holiday this week and his e mails with my order were not checked, to which he is not happy. I did say to mark its a shame but i will hand them out at herts or send them out.

Checa 06-07-2014 09:19 PM

Excellent meeting today even thou the PA blew up at the start. Thanks to ever helped out with that :thumbsup:
Very slippy to start the day and super grippy at the end (if you had stayed :woot:)

Mr.B 06-07-2014 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Checa (Post 865393)
Excellent meeting today even thou the PA blew up at the start. Thanks to ever helped out with that :thumbsup:

Colchester Club....No problem:thumbsup:

jimbobr5turbo 07-07-2014 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.B (Post 865395)
Colchester Club....No problem:thumbsup:

Well done to the Colchester club for helping out, I think Mark might have lost his voice otherwise!

Danny - like your keyboard warrior comment :lol:

Also well done to the ref's, Mr Hubbard stepped up again (between fixing his car:woot:)

No. 46 07-07-2014 07:08 AM

Thanks to all those who reminded me why I stopped racing in the regionals a couple of years ago :thumbdown:

jcb 15-07-2014 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Checa (Post 865393)
Very slippy to start the day and super grippy at the end (if you had stayed :woot:)

I'll second that :) Was a fun meeting and nice to race on a new track having not visited last year. Weather made it a challenge, but good fun all the same.