oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   R/C Graphy! (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   paint by ian (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81411)

eyeayen 24-09-2011 07:53 AM

paint by ian

Sorry, I couldn't think of a more appropriate thread title... :bored:

I've not painted anything properly for ages, I had high hopes for this but I think I tried to do too much and in the end couldn't do some of it which was hugely frustrating but at least I've found limits early on. I tried to do the pin line super thin, 1mm, with a 0.5 mm inside line and shading. I'd put the mask on too thick and not cut hard enough so both pin lines came off at once. So next time I'll know more of what is going to be possible... well that's the theory anyway.

This shell was purposely simple as it's for a photo shoot, therefore no fancy colours or shading or even details to detract from the actual product. It's a shame I couldn't get the pin lines more exact but it's my first one in ages and the next one will be better !

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x...ps3wz73ibt.jpg

gainsy 24-09-2011 08:02 AM

I like it :thumbsup:
Remainds me a bit of the martini lancia delta colours from years ago

Extreme 24-09-2011 09:45 AM

Thats well smart mate, nice crisp and clean lines:thumbsup:

jonmiller 24-09-2011 10:37 AM

Turned out great Ian! Sharp, clean n looking good.

You should be pleased mate

U1timate PigDog 24-09-2011 10:49 AM

Clean and Sharp just the way I like it, I really like how simplistic it looks yet really effective with the colour choice. :thumbsup:

cheekyscouse 24-09-2011 11:19 AM

looks awesome mate, nice crisp lines :thumbsup:

The Chef 24-09-2011 12:09 PM

Shell 1 and showing off already. Looking good:D I like it.

eyeayen 24-09-2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gainsy (Post 558192)
I like it :thumbsup:
Remainds me a bit of the martini lancia delta colours from years ago

Now that was a colour scheme ! I need some blue though, idea's for next time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Extreme (Post 558238)
Thats well smart mate, nice crisp and clean lines:thumbsup:

Cheers fella.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonmiller (Post 558255)
Turned out great Ian! Sharp, clean n looking good.

You should be pleased mate

Far too kind, I should be pleased but at the same time I know what I'm capable of and I know this is not it so I'll stay grumpy and miserable until I've done something better :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by U1timate PigDog (Post 558262)
Clean and Sharp just the way I like it, I really like how simplistic it looks yet really effective with the colour choice. :thumbsup:

Thank you sir !

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyscouse (Post 558269)
looks awesome mate, nice crisp lines :thumbsup:

Honestly in the flesh it isn't all there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chef (Post 558288)
Shell 1 and showing off already. Looking good:D I like it.

Likewise, in the flesh not showing off at all, photographs hide a multitude of sins and therefore are our friend.

Thank you all, I've been on here for a few months telling you all what I think of your paint so I think you've been pretty kind to me :D or are you all just luring me into a false sense of security waiting for the next one ?:lol:

Actually this has done my head in quite a lot and it's boosted my confidence hearing what you have all said, if we ever meet in some sort of oOple RC paint off I'll be first at the bar buying everyone's drinks. :cool:

andys 24-09-2011 04:17 PM

Looks great.
You obviously have a steady hand - if this is your 1st attempt then they are just going to get better and better :)

eyeayen 25-09-2011 11:46 AM

Thanks Andy, not exactly my first attempt...:blush: I had a custom paint business for ten years, I've done a fair few shells before but nothing for quite a long time.

I'm not used to painting backwards which I have to do on these though.

Cheers for your comments though :D

The Chef 25-09-2011 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeayen (Post 558640)
I had a custom paint business for ten years,
Cheers for your comments though :D

What do you do now?

eyeayen 25-09-2011 07:11 PM

Sit behind a computer all day 'graphic designing' :yawn:

If I could earn the same sort of money custom painting and being arty each day I would. After 10 years being stressed and barely surviving enough was enough... That said, I really miss it ! Computers are great but I have a proper passion for airbrushing, I don't care what it is, if I can get it to stop moving long enough to get some paint on it I'll do it.

The Chef 25-09-2011 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeayen (Post 558826)
Sit behind a computer all day 'graphic designing' :yawn:

If I could earn the same sort of money custom painting and being arty each day I would. After 10 years being stressed and barely surviving enough was enough... That said, I really miss it ! Computers are great but I have a proper passion for airbrushing, I don't care what it is, if I can get it to stop moving long enough to get some paint on it I'll do it.

Same as that. I think it is a hard way to earn a living. Unless you find a little niche.

gainsy 25-09-2011 09:31 PM

Ian your more than welcome to practice on my new durango shell :woot: start planning that martini design :D

eyeayen 25-09-2011 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gainsy (Post 558964)
Ian your more than welcome to practice on my new durango shell :woot: start planning that martini design :D

I thought you'd want to paint that yourself ?

I've got a couple of 8th ones to do for now but I don't think I've got anything else coming so maybe ???

gainsy 25-09-2011 10:54 PM

I would but my compressor is dead & have bills coming out of my butt so a new 1 may have to wait :(
There's no rush as the dex210 is not even out yet but thought i would see if your interested :D

Skye 13-10-2011 11:22 PM

Hi Ian, I will have a shell for the new lazer when it arrives next week so I will send it your way. I will also then want a matching shell for my Vega so I guess you will have to do that too.... ;)

eyeayen 14-10-2011 07:27 AM

That's great, thank you, if they're the same it will it will be easier for me and probably a little cheaper for you if I do them at the same time because if I have a colour in the gun to do 1 I may as well do 2 or 3 or 4...

Let me know and I'll get it sorted out for you.

gingapaint 15-10-2011 09:11 AM

Am loving that, looks so crisp!
I've photos of a martini Mazda6 I ran last time I raced TC ( about 3 years ago!) must try and dig it out.

eyeayen 15-10-2011 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gingapaint (Post 567138)
Am loving that, looks so crisp!
I've photos of a martini Mazda6 I ran last time I raced TC ( about 3 years ago!) must try and dig it out.

Thanks Chris, would be interested to see the images of the Martini Mazda :)