oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Team Losi Racing (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   losi xcelorin is it worth getting (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52454)

branstonpickle 27-08-2010 10:29 PM

losi xcelorin is it worth getting

just thought id ask on here to see what people think about the speedo was going to get one for my cat to use at the end of season finals thx....

hazeandfizz 27-08-2010 11:11 PM

Good speedo for the price and the service you get from Horizon is stunning.

James.

johnnygibbon 28-08-2010 10:36 AM

stay away from losi escs
horizon are a great company and do excellent warrenty backup
but you will need it with the losi . not many people i no have any luck with em some run ok if you dont mess with em........but i reckon i seen more break or glitch than i have run perfect
if you want a cheap good esc set try fusion exceed far better than losi . and i have owned both

Mark Boos 28-08-2010 01:37 PM

I run my Excelorin speedo now for about 2 years and it works perfect! Never had any issues at all.

lee stokes 28-08-2010 06:53 PM

losi speedo

have run 3 sets one in x6 2wd one in mi3 touring car and one in sc10 truck all worked perfect all with different motors.
only problem not the smallest esc

branstonpickle 28-08-2010 07:31 PM

i did hear about them haven some problems with the software is this true

burgie 28-08-2010 07:34 PM

probably the worst esc i have ever had.

save yourself a fortune and tonnes of grief and get a 120amp hobbywing xe run instead.

Razer 28-08-2010 09:01 PM

This is a simple thing.

There's a simple way of avoiding trouble with the Xcelorin, and it's mostly down to not assuming you know how the world works:)

Step one, use the USB link and software, download the latest firmware from Losi and upload that on your ESC.

Calibrate your ESC to your radio.

Now open up the Losi Software and set up what settings you want in the car(lipo cutoff, drag brake etc).

Start with a mild gearing for your track, and gear it not after temperature, but by feel and sound. The motor should just about empty itself in the end of the straight.

Now that you have the right setup, and a mild gearing, you can start to get to know this system, and what gearing you need to run.

The Xcelorin system is brilliant for people who know what they're doing. I work for the Norwegian Horizon distributor, and I don't sell Xcelorin to any other than raceexperienced guys, not bashers. Bashers will never bother having the right gearing, firmware or setup, and that could kill it.

But In both of my competition buggies and my friends cars, BULLETPROOF!

lee stokes 28-08-2010 09:05 PM

losi

well said razer

Tom3012 28-08-2010 09:19 PM

Bought mine second hand and never had a problem with it... Just do as Razer said, latest firmware, take your time setting it up...

As mentioned though, they are on the large side..

Razer 28-08-2010 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom3012 (Post 408391)
Bought mine second hand and never had a problem with it... Just do as Razer said, latest firmware, take your time setting it up...

As mentioned though, they are on the large side..

Indeed. But, I have been running them without the fan down to a 6,5 turn in my XXX4 at the Cactus Classics with no heat issues what so ever, other than me totally boiling. It helps a lot to take off the fan!

Edwardo5000 28-08-2010 09:27 PM

Thanks man,
Now I'll give it a try maybe.

It's cheap and i hope its also good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razer (Post 408380)
This is a simple thing.

There's a simple way of avoiding trouble with the Xcelorin, and it's mostly down to not assuming you know how the world works:)

Step one, use the USB link and software, download the latest firmware from Losi and upload that on your ESC.

Calibrate your ESC to your radio.

Now open up the Losi Software and set up what settings you want in the car(lipo cutoff, drag brake etc).

Start with a mild gearing for your track, and gear it not after temperature, but by feel and sound. The motor should just about empty itself in the end of the straight.

Now that you have the right setup, and a mild gearing, you can start to get to know this system, and what gearing you need to run.

The Xcelorin system is brilliant for people who know what they're doing. I work for the Norwegian Horizon distributor, and I don't sell Xcelorin to any other than raceexperienced guys, not bashers. Bashers will never bother having the right gearing, firmware or setup, and that could kill it.

But In both of my competition buggies and my friends cars, BULLETPROOF!

branstonpickle 28-08-2010 09:59 PM

a lot of people have sead that thers have broken when they updated the firmware is there anyway to avoid this

Razer 29-08-2010 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by branstonpickle (Post 408401)
a lot of people have sead that thers have broken when they updated the firmware is there anyway to avoid this

Yes, this has happened, but only when people don't have the latest version firmware. If your firmware is older than what's on the Esc when you got it and you upload it, something stops working. Dunno why, but as long as you always have the latest file from losi it's never a problem;-)

branstonpickle 31-08-2010 10:16 AM

losi xcelorin

thx for all the advice im getting one off lee stokes now should have plenty of power for the eos finals thx