oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Race Chat (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Tlr at the eos (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197130)

Buggyman 24-04-2018 09:42 PM

Tlr at the eos

I just wondered why there never seems any tlr cars at the eos meetings.
I maybe wrong about this but you never seem to see them.

daz75 24-04-2018 10:06 PM

Maybe they don't care about europe

neallewis 25-04-2018 12:19 AM

In the early days of EOS, TLR/Horizon Hobby were a main event sponsor, this was prior to "EOS carpet", although I don't think any TLR drivers took a win, though they did fly over some US drivers. Jorn with his Durango's seemed to dominate then.

The last serious TLR drivers I saw running at EOS were Ellis Stafford and Chris Delves with the 3.0 in Jan 2016 at Muelheim Kaerlich: http://eos.redrc.net/2016/01/chassis...llis-stafford/

Short/polite answer is they are now not bothered or can't afford to compete on the European stage with the big guys: Schumacher, Xray AE and Yokomo.
I don't think they have any pro level drivers in Europe, else the would be there?

If you go here: http://eos.redrc.net/gallery/ and scroll down, you can see the galleries of the early events.

Buggyman 25-04-2018 05:26 AM

Your probably right there. Shame really.

5tone 25-04-2018 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neallewis (Post 987597)
I don't think they have any pro level drivers in Europe, else the would be there?

They have pro level drivers in Europe; (Reno Savoya is the main)
I'm more thinking of a commercial/economical choice from TLR
1/10th scale doesn't seems to be their priority in Europe
1/8th is pretty popular in many european championship and TLR is present in all of them

EOS level is pretty high, the money and time investments must be pretty high for a podium
I suppose it's discouraging some teams and drivers, in regard of the possible benefits.

neallewis 25-04-2018 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5tone (Post 987601)
They have pro level drivers in Europe; (Reno Savoya is the main)
I'm more thinking of a commercial/economical choice from TLR
1/10th scale doesn't seems to be their priority in Europe
1/8th is pretty popular in many european championship and TLR is present in all of them

EOS level is pretty high, the money and time investments must be pretty high for a podium
I suppose it's discouraging some teams and drivers, in regard of the possible benefits.

Fair enough, He's mostly 1/8th though.
1/10th doesn't seem a priority, yes. Shame really, but reflected in sales no doubt.

Buggyman 25-04-2018 08:45 PM

be interesting to see how they would get on if they attended. I am sure there cars would go well

RogerM 26-04-2018 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buggyman (Post 987631)
be interesting to see how they would get on if they attended. I am sure there cars would go well

Could it be down to the unique offsets used on their cars not being compatible with the standard handout Schumacher wheels? Quite possibly ;)

HarlowS 26-04-2018 01:27 PM

No, its simply down to the fact that the no.1 TLR UK driver Richard Thorne is unable to get time off work to dominate them. :rolleyes:

Karting 26-04-2018 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerM (Post 987658)
Could it be down to the unique offsets used on their cars not being compatible with the standard handout Schumacher wheels? Quite possibly ;)

Myself and two friends went to Poland Round 1 this year with our TLR’s and they let us use tLR Front Rims and glue the spec tyres on.

The Schumacher rears fitted

Ritchie T 26-04-2018 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarlowS (Post 987660)
No, its simply down to the fact that the no.1 TLR UK driver Richard Thorne is unable to get time off work to dominate them. :rolleyes:

I’d phone in sick and go but they sabotaged me with the whole offset issue :thumbdown:

HarlowS 26-04-2018 02:11 PM

Problem solved, your fellow TLR drivers have confirmed that EOS allowed them to run Losi front wheels :thumbsup: I look forward to seeing you ask Orlowski to move out the way at the next EOS round.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ritchie T (Post 987664)
I’d phone in sick and go but they sabotaged me with the whole offset issue :thumbdown:

Ritchie T 26-04-2018 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarlowS (Post 987666)
Problem solved, your fellow TLR drivers have confirmed that EOS allowed them to run Losi front wheels :thumbsup: I look forward to seeing you ask Orlowski to move out the way at the next EOS round.

Why is Preddy reffing? 😝

KRob 26-04-2018 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarlowS (Post 987660)

Is that's no.1 TLR UK driver Ritchie Thorne who qualified behind two other TLR's at the weekend?

daz75 26-04-2018 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KRob (Post 987671)
Is that's no.1 TLR UK driver Ritchie Thorne who qualified behind two other TLR's at the weekend?

Meow :lol:

Ritchie T 26-04-2018 04:33 PM

Quote:

:o and to think I cheered you on when Bish smashed you :p

tyreman 26-04-2018 08:00 PM

Quote:

Don’t worry Ritchie 3 TLR cars in the main 4,5&6 top AE 10th :p:p

Cosworth 28-04-2018 05:19 PM

Quote:

Do you even know who Ritchie is?

The man can walk on water and has hair reminiscent of something from Dragonball Z. He is a God in his own right.

He ALLOWED two TLR cars to out qualify him on Sunday out of sympathy for them. Such is the legend that is Ritchie Thorn.

Ritchie T 28-04-2018 05:21 PM

:lol: