oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Schumacher (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   COUGAR SV Setup thread (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44109)

The Doctor 29-05-2011 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wes j. (Post 507791)
I had the same problem racing on worn grass with lack of rear end grip. I went from a long to a short wheel base and seemed to get bags more grip. A fellow SV driver also done this and couldn't believe the difference it made.

I also tried this recently with the same result. A fellow SV driver at the same meeting did the same but unfortunately didn't finish the race meeting because his outdrives were so worn that he snapped a driveshaft...!

bat 30-05-2011 10:42 AM

setup for narrow losse bumpy clay track witch carpet jumps

please, help with setup.
I race on a loose clay track, very bumpy quite narrow with the average number of jumps. Jumps and rollovers are covered with carpeting.
I'm currently using the standard setup for the clay from the last page of the manual.
The car runs great even at high speed on the straight and wide curves is clearly faster than the B4 and TRF201. jumps, beats with no problems and very forgiving mistakes.

problem arises when I need to start or at low speeds especially on a loose track.
Then the car starts to complain that the rear slides, turns in a fairly uncontrolled way. even slight acceleration causes the slippage.
change tires or change the settings for the clutch and nothing helped.

Thomas B 30-05-2011 03:02 PM

Did a race this weekend on a bumpy clay track. The Swedish cup in Årsunda.

Had the +8 mm chassi
Rewersed front wishbones
Rear wishbones moved forvard 2,5 mm
Narrow rear end by removing the purple washer at the weels
Oval holes in top.deck for more flex
Front Shocks, 4 piston, 27,5 wt ass oil and 3,0 spring.
Rear Shocks, 5 piston, 25 wt ass oil and 1,6 spring.
1,5 mm antisquat washers

1680 grams total weight.

Stick pack lipo.

The car was great, i qualified 17 and won the first B-final. In the A-finals the top 2 had the Cougar SV. A great result and a big win for the Cougar SV. Dont know the exakt setup on the Cougars that was on the podium but i think it was similar.

Cosworth 30-05-2011 11:11 PM

Doing a grass race soon (my first with this buggy) and can't find any setups? Could anybody help me out with one please?

Also what advantages/disadvantages do you get from running the shocks at the back? I ask this purely because i'd rather the easy access to the slipper.

conrero 03-06-2011 09:53 AM

Hello, I am an Italian driver and sponsor SPEEDPASSION SCHUMACHER we tested the cougar sv slippery in the land .. with the frame that is shorter than the basic I put a 30 losi front plates for 4 horns and central location on the inside in the wings ... 27.5 losi rear plates from 5 central location on the horns on the arms internal ee ... rear shocks facing the front ... the front arm shot ... ... topdeck average 6.5T engine speedpassion v3 ... regulator speedpassion gt 2.0 per 5300 speedpassion .... batteries .... schumaher now passed me by 8 mm along the frame now I'll try and tell you how it will land on the slippery ...... if you want to visit the track on our forum: www.mcrae.forumfree.it

Chris Ashton 10-06-2011 12:28 PM

Tom's worlds warm up set up now on line - www.racing-cars.com

lochness42 10-06-2011 12:39 PM

I'm missing some specific informations such as which chassis and top deck he used, leads and such or did he ran box stock car?

conrero 18-06-2011 05:55 AM

I used the original box and the frame average topdek

jaywestwood 24-06-2011 11:35 AM

Bodyshells

Has anyone tried the Puma bodyshell yet??? If so was it any good??? and diff in feel on track???

Thanks

dbizzle5 24-06-2011 12:58 PM

Saddle pack

Ive noticed at Talywain and Kiddy that some of the team were running the saddle pack chassis with shocks on the back even in dry aswell as the wet. Was just wondering whats the thought behind this and can some of the team post there setups in this configuration as wouldnt mind trying it.

cheers

mikeyscott 24-06-2011 01:15 PM

standard or 8mm chassis?

Certainly got to think about the SV a bit again, but focusing on the SX3 for now.

Ciaparat 25-06-2011 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bat (Post 508322)
please, help with setup.
I race on a loose clay track, very bumpy quite narrow with the average number of jumps. Jumps and rollovers are covered with carpeting.
I'm currently using the standard setup for the clay from the last page of the manual.
The car runs great even at high speed on the straight and wide curves is clearly faster than the B4 and TRF201. jumps, beats with no problems and very forgiving mistakes.

problem arises when I need to start or at low speeds especially on a loose track.
Then the car starts to complain that the rear slides, turns in a fairly uncontrolled way. even slight acceleration causes the slippage.
change tires or change the settings for the clutch and nothing helped.

Conrero is right and I want suggest high differential position :thumbsup:

Rat Monkey 05-07-2011 10:32 PM

I've been running an SV as my 1st 2wd buggy this season and am heading in the right direction with setup (we race on worn grass in the evening so can be a little damp as well). I seem to find my steering is a little slow, as in takes time to react - any ideas on how to speed it up (I run a savox 1258 servo and the servo speed is turned up on the transmitter)

Cheers
Jim

Randall34 06-07-2011 07:48 AM

could be your transmitter, some 2.4ghz radios seem to create a slow reaction unlike FM radios, the high end 2.4ghz are very good tho.
Maybe try another type of tranny to test it.

adz2383 14-07-2011 11:57 AM

Does anyone know whether 'Mossy' uses Schumacher shock oil or another brand?

I am using one of his setups as a reference at the moment but noticed Tom uses Losi oil for the majority of his.

Cheers

Adz

eichkay 15-07-2011 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaywestwood (Post 519132)
Has anyone tried the Puma bodyshell yet??? If so was it any good??? and diff in feel on track???

Thanks

I've been running my cougar with the puma, and swapped it back in one round to a stock shell and the puma felt much more stable at mid/full speed.. the front end didnt feel as twitchy either.. I prefer the look of the stock shell but ive been using the puma as it does drive much nicer.

TimmyL 21-07-2011 10:34 PM

Ude the dirt spec chassis at a test track that I use from time to time and can say that the chassis has its's plusses and minuses. the track is hard pack with loose top. the car has way more forward bitebut pushes in corners and is not as nimble. the car is easier to drive fast if you like the car to push a bit. will test at a local track this weekend. first impression is good.

Jon D 27-08-2011 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mossy (Post 366200)
If you flip the front wishbones, so that you screw the shock screw into the front rather than the back, i found that it removes so of the mid corner bite you may get from the front end.

Take a look at some of the photos on the cougar thread, im sure most of the team guys have set theres up that way.

As for a clay setup, I will have one after the Euros warmup in May.

Si

How do I stop my couger rear end being to loose in corners ie spinning out am running on carpet indoor with yellow mini pins front and rear plz help if I change the front tyres to less grip I can't make the tight corners n end up with understeer anybody help

ulrich 31-08-2011 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon D (Post 546007)
How do I stop my couger rear end being to loose in corners ie spinning out am running on carpet indoor with yellow mini pins front and rear plz help if I change the front tyres to less grip I can't make the tight corners n end up with understeer anybody help

I will say, mini pins in front will give much steering - often to much, they are very sensitive when thay are new, you can try to cut two row in/outside on front tires and 1 outer on rear tires.. try the stagger rib or the new cut staggered on a wide rim and with medium inserts.
Check out my set up on racing-cars.com or Jesper Rasmussens from the Proline Cup.

Jon D 31-08-2011 10:33 PM

Thanks very much for the tips on the mini pins il give it a go iv tried using the stagger ribs but am finding the front end drifts to much on the tight bends with no real bite allthough they work wellon the sweeping bends, it's bin mentioned to me about reversing the front wishbones would this help also iv bin told to drop the ride hieght to the floor all tips and remedies very much appreciated thanks again