oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Race Chat (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Hauler opinions please (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149358)

bpwain 16-04-2014 04:08 PM

Hauler opinions please

Hi folks,

I'm looking at finally investing in a large hauler bag to stick all of my gear in rather than having the several bags, tool box and a roller crate that I currently cart round to races.
It looks to me that the three main contenders are the fastrax mega hauler, the HPI extra large hauler, and the Team C TC188 hauler.
As I was in Cannock today visiting the inlaws, I had a quick nosey in wheelspin models, and they had the TC188 on display. I thought it looked pretty well designed, although I'm dubious about the rivets in the plastic corrugate of the draws.

So good oople people, I ask you... what hauler do you use? and what are its pros and cons, strengths and weaknesses etc?????

Cheers,
Ben

danDanEFC 16-04-2014 04:24 PM

I use the HUDY 1/8th hauler which is the best.

The advice I would give is just get the biggest one you can afford (and fits in your car).

neallewis 16-04-2014 04:37 PM

Don't get a fasttrax 1/8th megahauler, they aren't very good at all. Crap even. I detest mine, wish I had not wasted my money. Rubbish quality, useless zips, handle breaks at the slightest touch. I've had two outers (both sets of zips failed) and two handles, all within less than 6 months of owning it. Only good service from MB models working on my behalf has helped me get it replaced when it has broken. The distributor didn't want to know at all. I'm now left with something that one zip have broken again, and i'm just waiting for it to fall apart or the handle break. I've been really gentle with it and really tried to look after mine. Stay well clear, it's junk.

I'd get an OGIO motorcross bag now, after seeing them. Sure you need to use boxes to keep your stuff inside, but they are very solid and aren't going to break like a fasttrax hauler.

Edit: At least the hudy ones have spare parts available and seem to be of better quality, hence the higher asking price.

Ashlandchris 16-04-2014 04:39 PM

I have the Fasttrax mega hauler which seems to have plenty of space, but then I did choose it as I got a good 2nd hand price so there weren't many options :-)
No complaints with it

Edit!!
Sorry, talking nonsense. Mine is hpi

discothesnake 16-04-2014 04:44 PM

After buying several haulers and lasting only a couple of years i splashed out on the HUDY 1/8th bag. It's expensive but it is solid.

I find the Fastrax ones fall apart easily.

If not that then i would go for the roller bag as Neal said.

beasty boys motorsport 16-04-2014 05:01 PM

older fastrax 1/8th haulers are ok, the newer ones which i have now are RUBBISH......if i was to buy a new one, i'd save up and get the hudy, you'll save money in the long run

Lee1972 16-04-2014 05:02 PM

I've used a Team Magic F8 hauler bag for nearly two years now and bought it second hand, can honestly say that I've had nothing break on it yet.

hotrodchris 16-04-2014 06:19 PM

I've had various different haulers over the years now got an Ogio, excellent rolls better and more stable around the uneven pit areas around most outdoor tracks, large capacity and solid,comparable in price to most haulers,only down side is providing your own segregation.

Chris-S 16-04-2014 07:06 PM

The TeamMagic F8 was very well made, the fastrax one is terrible in comparison.

I picked up an Ogio 9800, as its by far the best value for money, can hold a lot of gear and can negotiate a bumpy field.

Lee24h 16-04-2014 07:35 PM

Aka pit mule looks cool and its strong if i cant afford a ogio bag ill shall get one

sosidge 16-04-2014 07:41 PM

Not impressed with my (new style) Fastrax, storage space is OK but like many others a zip has broken off within a year (and I look after my stuff). Looks like a design/manufacturing fault to me but the distributor weren't interested (disappointing).

Used a Nike gym bag and a selection of IKEA blue bags before then. Not as good for your back as a wheeled hauler. They never broke.

I'm impressed with friends' Hudy haulers, twice the price of the Fastrax but if they last more than twice as long then that must be a good deal!

cutting42 16-04-2014 07:44 PM

Another for Ogio, fantastic build quality and best rolling bag ever.

dpackster1980 16-04-2014 07:54 PM

Avoid the HPI hauler. I've had one for a season and a half the faults so far:

- One zip has broken.
- second zip is on it's way.
- It's developed a lean.
- The pull out handle can be pulled out so it's short or long. On mine you try to pull it out half way and decides to go to full length randomly when pulling it.

If you can't afford a Hudy and only have £100 budget. Then the Fastrax or HPI is your only option if you're buying new. The other option is second hand preferably someone who is giving up so you know it's going to be ok.

Steven Forster 16-04-2014 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beasty boys motorsport (Post 852317)
older fastrax 1/8th haulers are ok, the newer ones which i have now are RUBBISH......if i was to buy a new one, i'd save up and get the hudy, you'll save money in the long run

Agree with you there mate....its still going strong....nothing broken or falling apart !!!

Its got to be the newer fastrax haulers that people are having problems with !!!

Adam F 16-04-2014 09:01 PM

I have the hudy 1/8th bag, it's the best I have had..

My original F8 hauler lasted well, but the fastrax I replaced it with didn't last a year... (Newer one with the extruded alloy handle)

Bells 16-04-2014 09:03 PM

I've had no probs with my 8 month old fastrax , if your not bothered what it says on the side of your bag then THE best bag for money is the makita wheeled bag at £33 ish it's a gem

nobby 16-04-2014 09:56 PM

I'v got the fastrax mega hauler which I will say the Handle isn't the best, but I can't understand all this about the distributor not helping.
Well the handle broke on mine, and I contacted cml.
I spoke to Wes, and he couldn't be anymore helpful.
Spoke to him Monday, and I got a new handle Tuesday morning.

Welshy40 17-04-2014 05:37 AM

Fastrax is one of the worst and i also need to replace it. Im tempted on getting the HPI hauler bag but seems to have similar issues from the above posts. Unsure now.

h0m3sy 17-04-2014 07:11 AM

Google Ogio 9800, you won't regret it :thumbsup:

Legacy555 17-04-2014 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h0m3sy (Post 852421)
Google Ogio 9800, you won't regret it :thumbsup:

Yeah, spot on.
The pits at the national last weekend we're full of them - tough, big and well made