oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   R/C Graphy! (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Gutted - Now Sorted :) (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97594)

coleman758 02-04-2012 05:23 PM

Gutted - Now Sorted :)

As most of you wil know from my previous thread
I recently bought a sponny new Iwata HP-CH

I did one shell with on thursday, loved it real quality bit of kit.
When id done it was all cleaned and put back in its box, the. Left on my table.

Friday morning I had a chap come and collect my MG that was written off before Christmas, the garage was open while I was sorting the car out.

Saturday morning, I go in the garage to finish up a shell and the brush has gone. I've turned the garage over for the past 2 days nothing....

£190 brush gone...

I've no way to prove it, but one things for sure it's gone, apart from me he's the only person who's been close

almunro 02-04-2012 05:42 PM

file a report with police and see what they say

gingapaint 02-04-2012 05:43 PM

that sucks. :(
Is it worth asking about house insurance to replace it? hatefull to think someones been in your workspace without permission :(

hope you get something sorted soon.

eyeayen 02-04-2012 06:09 PM

That's horrible, I hope you get something sorted with it. If you're quite sure it's not in the garage ( as I know what I'm like when looking for things in a panic and have missed stuff and end up thinking it's been thrown away ) I would file a complaint with the garage about him. If they know what he's like perhaps something will turn up ? Or go to the police and see what they say / suggest ?

mikeyscott 02-04-2012 06:12 PM

Phone the guy up?

Naushad 02-04-2012 06:14 PM

If you haven't done so already report to police.

I'm sorry to hear that..

jonmiller 02-04-2012 06:22 PM

Scum

coleman758 02-04-2012 06:38 PM

It's not even worth bothering with the police, they can't prove it.
They won't be interested.

I've gutted my garage twice, no sign of it.

Jedi Master 02-04-2012 06:53 PM

What a lowlife.....

eyeayen 03-04-2012 11:38 PM

Was it local to you ? Keep an eye on ebay and any second hand shops it might have been sold off to. I'm not sure if they come with a serial number, the old DeVilbiss Super 63's used to, the place you bought it from might have logged it ? Not sure how much help it would be but if you found it you could at least prove it was yours.

Stuweatherman 04-04-2012 07:59 AM

Where are you in the country as this is in salford, used for only one painting!! http://bit.ly/HJalqj

coleman758 04-04-2012 08:10 AM

I still have the white sleeve :(

I'm really gutted, I don't even care I some one has took it.
It's just annoying me that I don't know!

Nick Goodall 04-04-2012 08:41 AM

Could anyone else have just been walking by while your garage was open? I wouldn't really go and accuse the guy unless you're sure as he knows where you live and you don't know what he might be like... People can get pretty upset when accused of something like stealing if they didn't....

crazyken76 04-04-2012 10:39 AM

just a idea but y dont all the lads that have had a body shell painted by coleman all send a pound as a pay pal gift and he could buy that gun off ebay :)

coleman758 04-04-2012 11:00 AM

Cheers guys but no need really.

I've not pointed any fingers because I can't prove it.
I had the wheel bin empty on the drive last night still nothing.
It's 100% not I'm the garage.

I've had it empty twice, and my Dad checked it last night too just incase it was under my nose!

I've got 2 brushes so it's not too bad, il just have to order another.

coleman758 04-04-2012 07:23 PM

Good news!

Just had a phone call from the breaker that collected the car,
for some reason its turned up in the car :woot:

Soo... All is well just need to go collect it.

Not sure how it got there, but either way I don't particularly care.
just glad Ive got it back!

Naushad 04-04-2012 08:10 PM

????!?!?

That sounds crazy!

How did you leave it in there!?

ARggh...well I feel somewhat relieved for you. I know what it is like to have thought you have lost something valuable!

crazyken76 04-04-2012 08:13 PM

thats great news my body shell will look great when you use it lol :thumbsup:

rondoolaa 04-04-2012 08:36 PM

lol, i got to about the 10th reply and thought of saying couldnt you ring the garage and say you were looking for it and you knew it was either in the garage or in the car and could they have a look in the car for you and if the person had stole it from the garage he may have said yes its in the car and put it in there to remove suspicion, then i read further down and saw you got it back, and it was in the car anyway, lol,

at least you got it back, result.

coleman758 04-04-2012 09:01 PM

I was not pointing the finger, (Too Much !!)

They are nice people, I have delt with them before.
not got a clue how its got in there, I think it must have fell of the table, and the guys has just stuck it in the car.

Anyway not really a problem now....

Just glad i got it back, or should i say getting....