oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   The PlayGround (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   75 mile cycle ride for the pilgrims hospice (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98485)

Team No Idea 13-04-2012 06:14 AM

75 mile cycle ride for the pilgrims hospice

Hello everyone! on the 6th of May I will be doing my bit to raise money for the Pilgrims Hospice by taking part in a 75 mile cycle ride from Margate to canterbury, on to Ashford and back to Margate.
http://www.pilgrimshospices.org/supp...le-challenges/
Last year i completed a 45 mile ride with some friends and we just managed to raise £250 each in sponsorship. A few weeks ago in a amoment of madness we decided to have a go at the 75 mile ride for 2012, none of us have ridden a bike since the last event in May 2011 so we are a bit lacking in practice!
If you would like to support us and the Pilgrims Hospice please feel free to sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/martinhayes
If anyone else fancies joining me on the day feel free to enter and come and have a laugh at me! i promise after this i will need medical treatment!:lol:

Thank you in advance for your support and time taking time to read this.

Martin

Hog 13-04-2012 07:18 AM

Hi Martin - I can only applaud your efforts on this. The Pilgrims Hospice recently looked after my "father in law" for 4 weeks until he passed away on 8 March. Their professionalism and caring nature meant he had a comfortable passing despite the nature of his illness.

If there's anything I can do to help please drop me a line.

In the meantime I'd like to encourage others to make a donation of whatever size you can afford. Places like the Pilgrim's Hospice need our support over and above some privately run care homes that charge up to £1200 per week!!!

Nas 13-04-2012 01:07 PM

I would just like to say :WELL DONE, me and a friend cycled for about 25 miles and we could not walk for the rest of the 2 weeks and got cramps every 5 minutes etc, it was awful, so good luck, and thanks for doing this for charity, its great.:thumbsup:

Big G 13-04-2012 02:01 PM

shame I don't live closer. I'd come keep you company :)

Team No Idea 13-04-2012 07:51 PM

Thanks chaps for your kind comments. As you say Dave its a fantastic cause. I have had a few friends who's family have used the Hospices over the last few years and to give up just 1 day of my time is the least i can do....(although i'll put in a bill for the pile cream that i'll be needing afterwards):lol:

I'll post some pics of the day when its done. lol
Thanks again:)

Team No Idea 05-05-2012 02:06 PM

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Ek!!!!!!

Its tomorrow! Manged so far to raise £83! nowhere near my target from last year of £250 but hey its better than nowt. If anyone sees a bloke laying at the side of the road in a puddle of sweat and dribble tomorrow between canterbury, ashford and margate..........its me!:lol:

Rebelrc 05-05-2012 06:05 PM

Is it to late Martin to Sponcer you for tomorrow?
I will send £20 for that worthy cause
Sorry I am late but haven't seen you recently
Go Martin go!
If it's not too late can you post where to send cash too?
Maybe some other fellow racers will be generous and help this amazing cause
Cheers

Team No Idea 05-05-2012 06:27 PM

Hi Scott! thank you so much for the support. That's extremely kind of you mate.
Like you say its a fantastic cause. I did the shorter ride last year and it was a lot of fun, i think in total they had over 600 riders and in total raised £70,000! it just shows the huge generosity of the British public.

With regards to sponsoring mate you can either donate via my "just giving" page on this link

http://www.virginmoneygiving.com/martinhayes

or just sort it out with me next time i see you:)
Like I say, thanks again for the support!

Rebelrc 05-05-2012 07:39 PM

Cheers buddy
Cash sent
Best of luck tomorrow

Team No Idea 07-05-2012 08:03 PM

Hey all, just thought id let you know that I managed to survive the ride yesterday! i ended up completeing the course with a close friend of mine Sally who's dad sadly had to use the hospice a few years ago. We set off in the grim, miserable weather and battled along until the bitter end :lol:
All in all a great day (even though some little bugger had removed some of the direction arrows off of the signposts causing a huge amount of confused cyclists around the Ashford area!)

Just wanted to say a huge, huge thank you to EVERYONE who has supported me by sponsoring and offering help, its been a fantastic response and i am extremely gratefull !

There were over 400 riders braving the weather on the day to raise money for the charity and it was a great day.
Ill be doing it again next year if anyone wants to get in shape and join me on the ride!

Many thanks again everyone!

Martin:)