oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Basingstoke Radio Car Club (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Let The Mardave Mayhem Begin (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82004)

staticvandal 01-10-2011 06:12 AM

Let The Mardave Mayhem Begin

:thumbsup: CONFIRMED! :thumbsup:

Sundays 1730 - 1930 (starting 9th October and every Sunday after)
The Scout Hut on Carpenters Down, Basingstoke.
Timing system will be used (if it ever arrives), transponders available £20.00 RCS
Full members £4.00, Free members £6.00, Juniors if accompanied £2.00
Tuck shop, Spares and Power available on site.

*** Only 3 race meetings without BRCA membership allowed. You are welcome to organise your own BRCA, or you can become a member through our club at at the discounted rate of £13, when you become a full club member £30.***

RCPhil 01-10-2011 06:20 AM

FANTASTIC!
I'll call you later about the carpet.

Can't wait to get racing.

TJP 01-10-2011 06:27 AM

The banger is looking good..

shreksdisco 01-10-2011 07:45 AM

Excellent Banger is nearly ready:p

Ianhunt 01-10-2011 12:49 PM

Can't wait

staticvandal 01-10-2011 05:05 PM

Isnt it amazing how we are all so keen to smash up our hard earned cash :lol:

Ianhunt 01-10-2011 09:06 PM

And those nicely painted bodies :p

Davey 02-10-2011 12:22 AM

Hey all,

how complete have your kits been? Mine's missing quite a few bits.

The funny thing is the box and bags were all sealed, and it doesn't look like I'm missing any single bag of parts - just odd bits throughout.

I'll check through my shed tomorrow to see if I can bodge something together, otherwise I think my banger racing debut may be delayed a bit.

See ya soon, davey.

TJP 02-10-2011 07:03 AM

Davey,
As far as i'm aware, just a few self tappers were missing from mine.

The box was also sealed and unopened.

Trevor.

staticvandal 02-10-2011 07:21 AM

Sorry to here that some of you are having problems :thumbdown:. Anyone else having issues? Can I suggest you contact Mardave direct and let me have a list of the missing parts so that I can contact them as well. Also if you are totally unhappy with your kit, I can send the kit back as long as it has not been built, so please check your parts before continuing to build.

TJP 03-10-2011 08:32 PM

Ian,
Real quick/good response from Mardave tonight.
They are putting the bearings in the post.
Thanks, Trevor.

Davey 03-10-2011 10:15 PM

Likewise, a fast response from Mardave promising parts in the post! Cheers for backing us up Ian, its much appreciated.

All the best, d.

Davey 04-10-2011 01:27 PM

... and a bundle of parts arrived in the post today - that's pretty good service, don't ya think? I hope anyone else with missing parts trouble gets sorted fast too.

cheers, d.

Ianhunt 06-10-2011 05:38 PM

All parts arrived, we live in a real world it's how the problems are dealt with that matters, and Mardave resolved this in an fast and communitive way

TJP 06-10-2011 07:31 PM

I got all my bits today and a few extra's. Well done Mardave for recovering in such a positive way.

RCPhil 06-10-2011 11:12 PM

Thats really impressive service.

Always good to know the support is there.

Davey 07-10-2011 10:21 PM

Hey all,

been working on the banger today. Made a body mount extender so the rear mount will reach the roof of my shells, made a new narrow front body mount so I can use the morris minor shell (the bonnet on the moulding is too narrow for the standard mount), made a front bumper, made an aerial plate.

All extremely rough and thrown together badly - I can't do any prep over the weekend so I decided speed is of the essence this time - I can always tidy or remake stuff later.

Also, blew some paint onto the Austin shell - just some old paint I had knocking around - didn't do much (any) prep so I think it'll be nasty and flakey. Finished off by fitting the new bearings on the back axle, stripping and fettling the steering a bit (so the old knackered servo will almost actually turn it), and made a few suspension tweaks.

I might actually now have something to run on sunday, but it ain't gonna be pretty!

How you all doing with your creations?

Cheers all, davey.

Ianhunt 08-10-2011 07:44 AM

Davenport if I get time today I will be fitting the body, however first outing I might get the mini running, so lots of soldering for me to do.
I will be running 27Mhz RED

TJP 08-10-2011 11:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I've had much better luck, I'm up and running and the Capri is looking good.
Not set up, but that'll come over practice sessions.

I just need to learn better spraying techniques to repair the body after tomorrow.

Just as a side thought, yesterday LIDL's had a cordless Dremel type tool for £19.99 that looked pretty good if anyones looking for a cheap cordless option.

mumbarjar 08-10-2011 07:40 PM

Hi guys, bit of help needed please! I'm doing the electrics on the mardave, and it mentions capacitors on the motor. Are they in the can? I seem to remember they were years ago? If not, do I actually need them? I have the standard mardave motor with the esc supplied in the kit.