oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Batley Buggy Club (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   ready and willing (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3154)

b4rs 11-04-2007 10:30 PM

ready and willing

ok, whats the deal now coz i am a lil confused at whats happening, when are the work partys going to batley and where exactly is the outdoor track? i would like to find it on google earth or google maps. thnks

Col 11-04-2007 10:42 PM

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3035

philly 11-04-2007 11:14 PM

Map
Dont know about plans, but here's your map!;)

Col 12-04-2007 04:51 PM

I popped along for a look at the state of the place today. It was not good. I didn't even bother getting out of the car, but the track looked like a good going over would sort it out no problem, but the "rostrum" was not there. That is going to be a major problem, as I don't know of a mobile welder that will repair that sort of damage easily. It might be best to get rid of it altogether and start from scratch with materials that will be easier to work with...

Oscar 13-04-2007 12:26 AM

Don't worry, its all in hand;)
A mobile welding rig, and all materials are being organised.

If you had bothered to get out of the car by the way, you would have seen the actual track is in pretty good condition, with the exception perhaps of the banked corner.

philly 13-04-2007 12:33 AM

I'm not a member at Batley as yet (next meeting, hopefully!), but I do have a couple of observations

I've been to the track three times over the last couple of weeks, each time some local kids have been using the facilities for everything from a game of army to a pick up joint! There's no doubt that a new rostrum would be great, but given the evidence of usage, beer and cider bottles, fag packets etc, how long would anything other than steel last?

We've seen the damage to the gym hall at Bury this week, possibly due to the local youth, and while at Southport last Sunday I saw that there had been an attempt to burn the rostrum there.

I don't know what the answer is, other than building 10 foot high steel perimeter fencing! But I think that the out lay for a simpathetic welder at Batley might pay dividends in the long run.
Either that, or race every night so the track can't be used by the 'disaffected youth'. Bless 'em!;)

b4rs 13-04-2007 02:27 PM

great idea! but i may be right in thinking we are a little short on the funds side? we could do fund raising lol, local bag packing in morrisons or tescos lol, (the good old cub scout days...) but we deffinatly need a big bastarding fence that gives you a nasty prick if you try hop it. but then theres the problem of us members not being able to use the track other than race days.

to lsolve the rostrum problem could we not a have an easy-assemble one like in batley sports hall. kept under lock and chain next to the track?

BenG 13-04-2007 03:01 PM

Fence - Exspensive. Why not make a system of blocking the rostrum off to entry, then damager is minimized.

Maybe like metal shutters or summat, like halfiax on-road have?

When is everyone going down, is it tommorow?

Northy 13-04-2007 03:08 PM

Work party is next Saturday.

G

BenG 13-04-2007 03:12 PM

oh dear, I will be at center parcs, sorry :(

Col 13-04-2007 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oscar (Post 33061)
If you had bothered to get out of the car by the way, you would have seen the actual track is in pretty good condition...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Col (Post 32995)
...but the track looked like a good going over would sort it out no problem...

That's what I said!;)

Medders 13-04-2007 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b4rs (Post 33101)
great idea! but i may be right in thinking we are a little short on the funds side? we could do fund raising lol, local bag packing in morrisons or tescos lol, (the good old cub scout days...) but we deffinatly need a big bastarding fence that gives you a nasty prick if you try hop it. but then theres the problem of us members not being able to use the track other than race days.

to lsolve the rostrum problem could we not a have an easy-assemble one like in batley sports hall. kept under lock and chain next to the track?

sounds like a good plan. or perhaps would should all take up chav shooting as a second hobby

AndyM 14-04-2007 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medders (Post 33176)
all take up chav shooting as a second hobby

im liking your thinkin:D :cool:

BenG 14-04-2007 09:44 AM

this could become the Uk's biggest hobby hahaha

b4rs 14-04-2007 05:09 PM

i heard theres some good trees near the track to perch in whilst you set up your rifles....jus put a couple of mobile phones,some burberry clothes and scatter cannabis buds around the place then sit back and wait for the cunts.

AndyM 14-04-2007 06:17 PM

haha....thats great.

cant stop laffin :D :p

chrislee 14-04-2007 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b4rs (Post 33229)
i heard theres some good trees near the track to perch in whilst you set up your rifles....jus put a couple of mobile phones,some burberry clothes and scatter cannabis buds around the place then sit back and wait for the XXXXX.

A bit strong with the language there young man, there's ladies frequent this forum.

Northy 14-04-2007 06:29 PM

Chris, do you know if things are on track for next Sat?

chrislee 14-04-2007 06:58 PM

I haven't a clue mate, i'm available :)

Chris

b4rs 14-04-2007 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrislee (Post 33253)
A bit strong with the language there young man, there's ladies frequent this forum.

i am sorry, your right, shoulda said bast**ds, they ruined ourbloody trakc, i am a lil angry.