oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ireland (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Rennicks Modeltune (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53447)

Model Mechanix 11-09-2010 09:33 PM

Rennicks Modeltune

Howdy all, just wanted to give everyone a heads up on Rennicks Modeltune. Placed an order recently that never arrived, no response from the shop to emails, called a few times but a total waste of time, bloke had no idea about anything. Asked for a refund but was totaly ingnored, with my credit card company now. Just wanted to warn everyone to be careful so that no one else looses their money !!!

DaveG28 11-09-2010 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Model Mechanix (Post 412710)
Howdy all, just wanted to give everyone a heads up on Rennicks Modeltune. Placed an order recently that never arrived, no response from the shop to emails, called a few times but a total waste of time, bloke had no idea about anything. Asked for a refund but was totaly ingnored, with my credit card company now. Just wanted to warn everyone to be careful so that no one else looses their money !!!

Shame, I only ever used them once, and they were great, a few years ago now though!

Good luck getting sorted!

glx 12-09-2010 10:14 AM

this is simply appalling for a business to act that way - particularly when dealing with a community of enthusiasts. they gain nothing, piss off customers and loose business.

Hope you'll get your money back from your visa company. and thanks for letting others know.

Grundy 13-09-2010 09:43 AM

i have access to a company check facility and had a look at this place.

"Modeltune Ltd" was dissolved on 20 August 2010. If you need names of Directors, addresses, etc, PM me and i'll let you know!

Good luck retrieving your cash!

Legacy555 13-09-2010 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grundy (Post 413037)
i have access to a company check facility and had a look at this place.

"Modeltune Ltd" was dissolved on 20 August 2010. If you need names of Directors, addresses, etc, PM me and i'll let you know!

Good luck retrieving your cash!

Wouldn't have labelled Andrew Rennick as being a dodgy character....
hhhmmmm, sure Mick B has his number through the RCCAOI

Modeltune 13-09-2010 12:58 PM

A friend told me about this post and I am glad they did.

Model Mechanix - I am unaware of your issue, but please contact me and I will ensure that everything is resolved. I always strive to ensure we provide the best possible cutsomer service and I hope our hundreds of satified customers would agree with that. I would also welcome your feedback on my staff - whom regularly receive praise rather than critism, and while they can't be expert in everything, always do their best.

With regard Modeltune Ltd - Rennick's Modeltune operates as a Sole Trader in legal struture terms. I had formed the company Modeltune Ltd, but never actually operated it - hence recently had it dissolved. This has no impact on the way the shop has or will continue to be run.

I trust this resolves everyones concerns, and I hope we can continue to provide you all with your modelling needs and accessories for many years to come.

Andrew Rennick
Rennick's Modeltune

eda 13-09-2010 01:16 PM

Sorry your recent transaction has not yet worked out to your satisfaction.

However, after knowing the owner of this shop for the past 20 years, I can categorically state that he is not a dodgy character in any way, and neither is there anything dubious about how he operates his shop.

FACTS - as can be backed up by a lot of other racers on this island and much further afield.

Legacy555 13-09-2010 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eda (Post 413137)
Sorry your recent transaction has not yet worked out to your satisfaction.

However, after knowing the owner of this shop for the past 20 years, I can categorically state that he is not a dodgy character in any way, and neither is there anything dubious about how he operates his shop.

FACTS - as can be backed up by a lot of other racers on this island and much further afield.

Andrew just hasn't been the same since loosing the "who can snap a yokomo wishbone with their bare hands" battle in Southport in 1995! :)

Model Mechanix 14-09-2010 07:27 PM

Thanks for the comments all.

Modeltune thanks for posting, you have a PM.

DaveG28 14-09-2010 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modeltune (Post 413128)
A friend told me about this post and I am glad they did.

Model Mechanix - I am unaware of your issue, but please contact me and I will ensure that everything is resolved. I always strive to ensure we provide the best possible cutsomer service and I hope our hundreds of satified customers would agree with that. I would also welcome your feedback on my staff - whom regularly receive praise rather than critism, and while they can't be expert in everything, always do their best.

With regard Modeltune Ltd - Rennick's Modeltune operates as a Sole Trader in legal struture terms. I had formed the company Modeltune Ltd, but never actually operated it - hence recently had it dissolved. This has no impact on the way the shop has or will continue to be run.

I trust this resolves everyones concerns, and I hope we can continue to provide you all with your modelling needs and accessories for many years to come.

Andrew Rennick
Rennick's Modeltune

Glad to hear all is ok Andrew :thumbsup:

rich_cree 14-09-2010 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legacy555 (Post 413142)
Andrew just hasn't been the same since loosing the "who can snap a yokomo wishbone with their bare hands" battle in Southport in 1995! :)

Wow, that was a very very funny episode! To back up what's been said, you won't find a more honest man in the rc industry than Andy.

Model Mechanix 14-09-2010 09:39 PM

Hi all,

Just wanted to say that Andrew has sorted this out and rectified the situation. Still don't fully know what went wrong but in fairness to Andrew he has put things right fairly quickly when he found out there was a problem.

Thanks for all your comments and advice.