oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   The PlayGround (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Snow Snow every were (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37104)

bigred5765 05-01-2010 01:01 PM

Snow Snow every were

lol so who's snowed in then we are, cars got stuck half in half out of the drive had to dig it out, so its on the roadside just out side my house covered in snow,and there it will stay,:thumbsup:

Oh the weather outside is shitty, but the white stuff sure is pretty, but if you cant drive in the snow...stay at home, stay at home, stay at home

wezzer 05-01-2010 01:02 PM

:thumbdown:stuck at work , not tried to get home yet but its a 40 mile drive across country so probably here for the night
:thumbdown:

Ben Turner 05-01-2010 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wezzer (Post 327195)
:thumbdown:stuck at work , not tried to get home yet but its a 40 mile drive across country so probably here for the night

Next time I order summat from CML and its already been opened and played with ill know who to blame!

Garry Driffill 05-01-2010 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wezzer (Post 327195)

Ohh crap, I hope you get home ok mate :o

jimmy 05-01-2010 01:09 PM

I'm stuck in the car park at work lol, got a couple of lads in the boot and a couple pushing to get me reversed into a space so I can make a break for it when they close due to the snow at 3pm (hopefully). Started putting weights from the gym in my boot so I can get some traction, here's hoping!

Garry Driffill 05-01-2010 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmy (Post 327198)
Started putting weights from the gym in my boot so I can get some traction, here's hoping!

:lol: thats epic!

chalky 05-01-2010 01:15 PM

wez dont cml do a rc snowmobile to play with (its the next big thing):thumbsup:

russmini 05-01-2010 01:36 PM

How about those new 5th Scales CML are doing... Strap a couple to a sledge and RC it home... :-) lol

Rookie 05-01-2010 01:39 PM

hehe, up here in glasgow theres alot of snow, ive got Nissan Navara & the 4WD is awsome ! Ive seen so many folk buckled up into kerbs :(

4WD For The Win !!!!

DCM 05-01-2010 01:44 PM

Fookers, share some, it snowed heavy for all of about 30 minutes here, and that was before lunch, High School has already decided to close at 2pm..... b'stards

Big G 05-01-2010 01:46 PM

left my work when it started getting bad. had a few sideways moments on the way home. 3inches here now.

mikeyscott 05-01-2010 01:48 PM

Anyone from down south had any snow yet?

migsy 05-01-2010 01:49 PM

learn 2 turn!!!!

weathers that bad up here, tried to get home on my super-moto but got more under-steer than mardave cobra. LOL..least i did'nt fall off the thing.
I must laugh thore, poor post man pete took a tumble getting out of his royal mail van.:o:lol::lol::lol::p

poopers 05-01-2010 01:57 PM

Constant snow here, think everyone's pretty much given up trying to get about, haven't seen any cars go past for some time.

I'd go for a walk and take some photos, but it'd just end up in a snowball fight with some kids.

Team No Idea 05-01-2010 02:04 PM

Soooo not fair! we have nothing down here!. Its just bloody cold!:thumbdown:
Only had 4 customers all day, i'd make more money selling push chairs and Special brew around here. I'd rather be at home getting my cars ready for Petit! :woot: Now if we had lots of snow i could shut up shop and go home!.................wishfull thinking.

isobarik 05-01-2010 02:07 PM

Before the law on winter tires during the winter i used to drive with summertires during the winter season.

works very well when they are pristine but not so godd if they are dry (old)

mvh Isobarik :)

Medders 05-01-2010 02:07 PM

What a load of namby pamby shandy drinking wimps you are.

One scattering of snow and everyone is wanting the day off :mad:

There's more snow than you could shake a shitty stick at here is Leeds, but we're hardy Yorkshire types - life goes on :thumbsup:

coolcars782 05-01-2010 02:11 PM

We had snow in somerset, school closed :thumbsup::thumbsup: but theres nothin now :thumbdown:

Northy 05-01-2010 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medders (Post 327233)
What a load of namby pamby shandy drinking wimps you are.

One scattering of snow and everyone is wanting the day off :mad:

There's more snow than you could shake a shitty stick at here is Leeds, but we're hardy Yorkshire types - life goes on :thumbsup:

Agreed. I would like 4wd though :blush:

G

poopers 05-01-2010 02:14 PM

That’s a good point about the schools closing early DCM. All the kids are off round here, wtf!

When I was a kid snow didn’t stop you going to school, you just took mittens (with the string holding the two together) wellies and a bobble hat:cool:. If you got frost bite, so what? In fact, I distinctly remember losing both my arms and head to frost bite when I was 8. I was also killed at least twice by the 10ft tall out of control snowballs we used to roll in the playground. Now schools close when there’s a slight chilly breeze! Kids today, dunno they’re born.