oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   BRCA Nationals & Regionals (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   F3,4&5 finals @ Coventry September 15/16 (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5054)

ashleyb4 21-08-2007 10:25 AM

aslong as i only jump two then one im fine i tried the triples three times first time broke it second time cleared it third time ended uponmy roof.

A

spenner 21-08-2007 10:27 AM

Nick,

Is that for pitting or sleeping ???
If it's pitting then come in with us lot (Model Images),
I know for the end of season finals there won't be loads of us in there.
The F3's there is only Joe i believe as i am pitting for him!!!

Nick Goodall 21-08-2007 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spenner (Post 57181)
Nick,

Is that for pitting or sleeping ???
If it's pitting then come in with us lot (Model Images),
I know for the end of season finals there won't be loads of us in there.
The F3's there is only Joe i believe as i am pitting for him!!!

Hey Jon,

I was actually thinking about camping over night but I think i've sorted it now. I spoke to John about pitting with you boys at both and he was fine about it so all sorted on that front.

Thanks mate, see you at Silverstone!

Jonny_H 21-08-2007 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wraggy (Post 57179)
the triples will also be incorporated into . :) ;)

:( I'd better bring lots of spare rear shock towers then...

Wraggy 21-08-2007 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonny_H (Post 57189)
:( I'd better bring lots of spare rear shock towers then...

there easy to be honest ... although some seemed to struggle with them more then others ...

ashleyb4 21-08-2007 11:55 AM

They where ok once you got the hang of it but i only jumped hem 2 then 1 because i would preffer to finish the run that to possibly break it and not finish any runs. I think it will be more front shock towers than anything.

A

jim76 21-08-2007 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Goodall (Post 57183)
Hey Jon,

I was actually thinking about camping over night but I think i've sorted it now. I spoke to John about pitting with you boys at both and he was fine about it so all sorted on that front.

Thanks mate, see you at Silverstone!

I may have space for sleeping in mine at the F3's Nick (as i may not be using the tent at night), and possibly pitting also if you get stuck.

tyreman 21-08-2007 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashleyb4 (Post 57194)
They where ok once you got the hang of it but i only jumped hem 2 then 1 because i would preffer to finish the run that to possibly break it and not finish any runs. I think it will be more front shock towers than anything.

A

Ashley if you watched the top 15-20 drivers, no-one was flying the triples they were all taking them as 2 then a 1, it's the quickest way round trust me;).

To be honest the only breakages I saw, were from people not paying attention to the quick guys, trying to clear the triples, but getting it totally wrong.

The track will be on the grass, we probably won't use the single jump or the table top on the far side of the track as we feel it is just too far away.

ashleyb4 21-08-2007 05:56 PM

Agreed with the table top i think the straight was a bit far away at the weekend often just rubbed along the pipe. I didnt relaly watch the top lads i was to busy fiderling with the car changing things and charging etc. But iloved the hump at the bottom of the straight i only crashed tehre once.

A

Nick Goodall 22-08-2007 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim76 (Post 57210)
I may have space for sleeping in mine at the F3's Nick (as i may not be using the tent at night), and possibly pitting also if you get stuck.

Thanks mate, will see how I get on but i've now at least sorted a small two man tent for sleeping so that's one thing less to worry about

Jonny_H 27-08-2007 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyreman (Post 57294)
To be honest the only breakages I saw, were from people not paying attention to the quick guys, trying to clear the triples, but getting it totally wrong.

Oh well - it must just have been me then.

I cleared them in one almost every time 'cos I could do that consistently. I tried doing "2+1" a few times - and it cost me two rear shock towers. :wtf: :( :eh?:

The landing zone between 2 and 3 just seemed tiny, and I couldn't hit it accurately. Hey, I never claimed to be a top driver...

DaveG28 30-08-2007 10:16 PM

I didn;t even try all 3 at once, but my driving is still bad enough to have gone through 5, thats right 5, turnbuckles on those jumps in one day of 2wd!

_sleigh_ 03-09-2007 08:28 AM

So after the weekends meeting at Silverstone, now for the predictions for the F3/4/5's.....

Can anyone really bet against it being a straight fight between Nick & Stan??

Anyone else have any thoughts??

Phil Channon 03-09-2007 08:40 AM

I thought Nick was an F2 already and so won't be racing at Coventry ?

_sleigh_ 03-09-2007 08:42 AM

Nick G. not Nick O.

losixxx 03-09-2007 08:43 AM

think mr atomic carbon might feature in 4wd been getting better and better all season

Wraggy 03-09-2007 08:48 AM

Nick G & Stan will fight it out between them ..
no one else will have a chance personally ..:cool:

ashleyb4 03-09-2007 09:07 AM

I hope i get a good run at coventry 4wd really annoyed me at the weekend i broke it twice once i smashed a wishbone into about 5 bits. that was round one when the track was fastest. I got a 8th and 9th in round but still didnt make the A:eh?: As long as i dont end up in bottom final im happy.

A

Bathy 03-09-2007 09:54 AM

I was hoping to do 4wd, I think Tony T or Lee have put my entry in, is there a way I can check??

Yah see Tony only cares about two stepping and I'm worried I've not been entered :)

Wraggy 03-09-2007 10:35 AM

anyone know how many are booked in for this event ??
anyone wanna guess there top 5 finishers ??