oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Race Chat (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Yokomo in administration (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205152)

ak47 03-10-2019 01:51 PM

Yokomo in administration

Is This true?

all factory drivers are no more

cmgreen 03-10-2019 05:07 PM

Show us the info? Or are you talking bollocks again

Zippy G 03-10-2019 05:22 PM

Wrong Info

I have been reliably informed that Yokomo are very financially stable and team drivers face no issues.

charlesk 03-10-2019 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmgreen (Post 1006245)
Show us the info? Or are you talking bollocks again

Subtle 😂

Welshy40 03-10-2019 06:12 PM

It's not ture, Someone senior has left and retired and was someone Masami looked up to. The president Tom Yokobori.

claymoreman 04-10-2019 12:21 AM

3 drivers moved on 1 senior retires and the rc world calls time on yok damn there wasn't this much hype last year when kyosho was on the rocks and got bailed out by an investment bank before people post about a company going bang check out the facts and wait for an official announcement. if yok were going bang you think they would have taken a prototype car to the worlds with the testing behind closed doors with factory paid drivers ???

tyreman 04-10-2019 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claymoreman (Post 1006255)
3 drivers moved on 1 senior retires and the rc world calls time on yok damn there wasn't this much hype last year when kyosho was on the rocks and got bailed out by an investment bank before people post about a company going bang check out the facts and wait for an official announcement. if yok were going bang you think they would have taken a prototype car to the worlds with the testing behind closed doors with factory paid drivers ???

While I agree with most of what you are saying, a current chassis with a few extra holes drilled in it and a new pair of centre drive shafts doesn't really fall under the category of a prototype car, more of an evolution.

dale 04-10-2019 08:26 AM

I believe Yokomo have been sold; the founder has moved on. That's probably the reason for Masami leaving.

cmgreen 04-10-2019 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dale (Post 1006264)
I believe Yokomo have been sold; the founder has moved on. That's probably the reason for Masami leaving.

My son believes in Santa but doesn't make him true........

Facts please

dale 06-10-2019 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmgreen (Post 1006275)
My son believes in Santa but doesn't make him true........

Facts please

If you're looking for facts then a web browser is the wrong tool to be using :lol:

cmgreen 06-10-2019 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dale (Post 1006304)
If you're looking for facts then a web browser is the wrong tool to be using :lol:

So you know absolute nothing then, cleaver boy :bored:

KRob 06-10-2019 08:06 PM

Facts on the Japanese RC companies are almost impossible to confirm.
Current wisdom is as Dale mentions it, the OP though appears to be what happens on the internet when rumours can't be confirmed.

But then it's your choice what to believe...
:woot:

daz75 06-10-2019 08:19 PM

Rumours have caused countries to enter recessions so I hate all this interest stuff.

fidspeed 06-10-2019 08:35 PM

bit like Brexit :D:D
rumours and scaremongering when no actually knows
on yokomo, masami one of the greatest rc drivers ever and a fantastic ambassador for yokomo

dave

Peakey 07-10-2019 09:05 AM

I heard that one of the top old Yokomo guys retired at the end of last year start of this and they canned a planned re re because no one was willing to take it further. And if that is true then that would probably explain Masami moving onto to new horizons.

Welshy40 08-10-2019 05:55 PM

Think Masami is still tied with Yokomo, don't take my word for it but he also does Ifmar referreeing and other things such as being involved with drifting but always has a Yokomo handy as well at 12th, tc, buggy and drift comps.

JohnM 08-10-2019 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welshy40 (Post 1006370)
Think Masami is still tied with Yokomo, don't take my word for it but he also does Ifmar referreeing and other things such as being involved with drifting but always has a Yokomo handy as well at 12th, tc, buggy and drift comps.

Masami himself said he’d left Yokomo.

Garry 11-10-2019 04:18 PM

Yokomo statement.

New Yokomo will continue to thrive together with the RC industry!

As you may be notified, along with the former CEO stepped down on September. 30th, 2019, our current CEO is Mr. Shigeki Suzuki, started from October. 1st, 2019.

Yokomo’s business is a world-class quality in the RC vehicle industry. We are confident that our new management team will be able to meet the challenges in our industry!

Meanwhile, we are happy to announce that new touring car BD10, new 4WD off-road car YZ-4 model, new version of drift car YD-2 will be released soon, which will also have positive effect on the development of next-generation cars such as entry-type RC cars.

Additionally, we are building a new indoor circuit and implementing more equipment into our Yatabe Arena. At the same time, we will further expand our horizons by expanding our product lineups and improving the environment more attractive to beginners.

Sincerely, we hope to build up Yokomo’s future together with you !

New President’s Message:

Yokomo’s employees are enthusiastic and professional, they are full of ideas and truly care about customers. With their efforts, I am confident that in the near future, you will see a new Yokomo with high-quality products in the market.

We will be grateful if we can have your continuous support!

Thank you!

cmgreen 12-10-2019 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garry (Post 1006411)
Yokomo statement.

New Yokomo will continue to thrive together with the RC industry!

As you may be notified, along with the former CEO stepped down on September. 30th, 2019, our current CEO is Mr. Shigeki Suzuki, started from October. 1st, 2019.

Yokomo’s business is a world-class quality in the RC vehicle industry. We are confident that our new management team will be able to meet the challenges in our industry!

Meanwhile, we are happy to announce that new touring car BD10, new 4WD off-road car YZ-4 model, new version of drift car YD-2 will be released soon, which will also have positive effect on the development of next-generation cars such as entry-type RC cars.

Additionally, we are building a new indoor circuit and implementing more equipment into our Yatabe Arena. At the same time, we will further expand our horizons by expanding our product lineups and improving the environment more attractive to beginners.

Sincerely, we hope to build up Yokomo’s future together with you !

New President’s Message:

Yokomo’s employees are enthusiastic and professional, they are full of ideas and truly care about customers. With their efforts, I am confident that in the near future, you will see a new Yokomo with high-quality products in the market.

We will be grateful if we can have your continuous support!

Thank you!

Ak47 your Shot down!:thumbsup:

Welshy40 12-10-2019 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnM (Post 1006371)
Masami himself said he’d left Yokomo.

OK missed that