oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   South East (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   FORCC Winter Series (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13283)

Hog 18-08-2008 03:18 PM

FORCC Winter Series

Okay lads and ladies - time for something different from FORCC!!

We are proposing to hold a 6 round indoor Winter Series from October 2008 to March 2009. At the moment it's looking likely that each event will be held on the 3rd Sunday of each month so as not to clash with any planned events at EPR (I know they have not finalised what their intentions are yet - but indications from Mr Brooke suggested that this would be okay).

Unfortunately we cannot promise not to clash with other events on the calendar - but if we can avoid doing so with our nearest neighbour that's about the best we can do.

Format for the events are yet to be decided, but we are probably looking at a best 5 out of 6 scoring system. Each day will have heats and finals, and we are proposing to split the classes into 3 distinct ages groups:

1. Juniors - to be finalised but probably having to be under the age of 12 at 30 September 2008.
2. Teens - aged 13 to 19 at the 30 Spetember 2008.
3. Adults - Aged 20 or above at the same date.

We are hoping to have various raffles at each event, and we'll probably be sorting something out on the catering front too.

We won't be splitting 2 and 4 wheel drive, as FORCC is predominantly a 4WD club. Interest at our last club night (where we had over 40 drivers for a midweek session) showed that virtually every driver was keen for this to happen - and as the club is run for its drivers then we're going to go for it.

Also we will only be allowing 27T brushed or 13.5T brushless motors for this series. It's a formula that's worked at FORCC for over 20 years and that's how it's going to stay for this series too. It's time to hone your thumbs rather than using monster horsepower. Hard cased LiPo's will be allowed as well. Worn Schumacher yellow full spikes seem to be the weapon of choice for those not in the know.

We may revise the age splits yet as well. FORCC places great importance on bringing new drivers into the sport and allowing them to compete on an even par without getting blown into the weeds by older drivers. With this in mind please feel free to encourage newcomers to attend in the knowledge they're not going be laughed at, only welcomed and encouraged.

If anyone has any questions at this early stage please feel free to ask. More concrete plans will be laid out closer to the time.

Regards,

Dave (and the rest of the FORCC committee).

Team No Idea 18-08-2008 05:02 PM

Oh yes!!! I'll be there!!!!:thumbsup:

raaccyyyyy lllaaddyyyy 18-08-2008 05:08 PM

And so will i if you all let me!! :woot: (in the junior class lol)

On a more important note, what Dave put about FORCC encouraging newcomers without the laughter was proved to me on my first on-stage attempt at driving on Weds!! So anyone who wants a try - don't be scared, it's so much fun and you get loads of support. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to it, and if you need any help with anything Dave/Alan etc give me or Martin a shout.

Hog 18-08-2008 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raaccyyyyy lllaaddyyyy (Post 152000)
and if you need any help with anything Dave/Alan etc give me or Martin a shout.

You can bring the cakes Tracy :thumbsup:

raaccyyyyy lllaaddyyyy 18-08-2008 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog (Post 152016)
You can bring the cakes Tracy :thumbsup:

Of course!!! Would you expect any less. lol.

Garry Spice 19-08-2008 04:32 AM

can we have the cross over please????:D

Hog 19-08-2008 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garry Spice (Post 152122)
can we have the cross over please????:D

We'll try and make it as "off-road" as possible Garry - but we may leave the crossover out as it's difficult to marshal. One person makes a stuff up and it can effect the whole race.

Garry Spice 19-08-2008 03:24 PM

AWW MAN! but its wicked...but your right,karma says i`ll be the first to stuff it.:p.come on south east dudes...stock motors and only one tyre that works ideal recipe for some really close racing.:D!

B&H Racing 19-08-2008 04:00 PM

I`m planning to be there :thumbsup:

Always great close racing, just gutted I can`t race there on Wednesday nights.

Bet your tempted to use lipo for it Gaz !!!!!

Garry Spice 19-08-2008 04:04 PM

sweet...bretts going to buy me some lipos!!!.we could do well mush.you should crack out the x5?
:p

Team No Idea 19-08-2008 04:16 PM

Cross over! ooo, i could use the pred and try to snap ANOTHER chassis!! lol:woot:

Garry Spice 19-08-2008 04:19 PM

DO IT!:p

B&H Racing 19-08-2008 04:33 PM

Crossover - there was one at the MK GP Last Year and I really enjoyed it. But there was not a large run off so a few people complained. The less experienced racers wanted to have a larger run off so they could guarentee to clear the jump.

And remember Faversham takes pride in people of all ages and abilities racing there so like Dave said Marshalling would be a problem.

Garry Spice 19-08-2008 04:36 PM

ha ha,shows you havent been to fav in a while.theres is a tabletop/humpback bridge crossover.whole cars go in...bits of cars come out!:thumbsup:

raaccyyyyy lllaaddyyyy 19-08-2008 04:37 PM

Glad you said abilities Brett,i'd break everything and can't bloody marshall save my life! Don't do it Dave!! ;)

niggs98 19-08-2008 05:01 PM

i went to the following mk meeting where they left a larger run off after the cross over and it was much easier but still not good for all abilities so as much as i enjoyed it i would expect faversham to not put one in.

as long as it doesnt clash with other comitments i have already booked in for i should be able to make the od round :thumbsup:

gav4wd 19-08-2008 07:06 PM

will i be there!

will i be there!
do bears sh@# in the woods!
ow yes
:thumbsup:

Hog 02-09-2008 09:58 PM

Okay lads and ladies, it's time for some more details :thumbsup:

We've not been able to secure the regular dates as we'd hoped, but we have secured 6 dates as follows:

Round 1 - 19th October 2008
Round 2 - 2nd November 2008
Round 3 - 21st December 2008
Round 4 - 25th January 2009
Round 5 - 22nd February 2009
Round 6 - 15th March 2009

Rounds 1 & 6 we are lucky enough to have the hall to ourselves, but the other 4 rounds we will be sharing the site with other activities, which means a reduced pitting area, but we can overcome that by using some of the stage for pits.

We have access to the hall from around 0800ish each day, and intend to commence racing at 0930. Whatever happens, we must be packed up and out of the hall by 1730 on each day.

We've amended the age splits as follows:

Junior - anyone up to 13 years old as at 30 September 2008.
Intermediate - between the ages of 14 and 18 at 30 September 2008.
Adult - 19 or above at 30 September 2008.

We will be awarding prizes based on the overall championship positions as follows:

Juniors - prizes for the top 3 drivers, and trophies for the top 10.
Intermediate - prizes for the top 3 drivers, and trophies for the top 10.
Adult - trophies for the top 10 drivers.

That's all for now. Anything of importance that crops up will be posted in the next few days so there is ample time for everyone to read and be aware.

Dave.

gav4wd 03-09-2008 10:22 PM

s

can't wait only one problem for us kmrc drivers.
the first two dates clash with the winter series dates at kmrc doh!:cry:
have to way up the factors
forcc warm /dry/ less cleaning.
thats it see you in doors:woot::yawn:

Hog 04-09-2008 07:56 AM

We knew there was always the risk of clashes with other clubs, but the dates we have are the only ones we could get.

Stay in the dry and warm - you know it makes sense :thumbsup: