oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   East of England (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Boughton Round 5 (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102602)

jimbobr5turbo 04-06-2012 11:23 AM

Boughton Round 5

Hi there, might be another wet regional, could it be 6 of 6 this year, bets anyone??

I might go, if so, can anyone tell me what tyre and setup changes are required? I mean compared to the other off road regionals this year (colchester & coastal) which aren't on astro. ie Shocks,springs, camber links etc

Any advice would be appreciated:thumbsup:

JohnM 04-06-2012 04:32 PM

Can't get to 6 wet meetings out of six, round 4 at Coastal was pretty much dry all day from what I remember.

As for set-up changes, I didn't change anything at all on my Durango from normal.

jcb 04-06-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbobr5turbo (Post 661259)
Hi there, might be another wet regional, could it be 6 of 6 this year, bets anyone??

I might go, if so, can anyone tell me what tyre and setup changes are required? I mean compared to the other off road regionals this year (colchester & coastal) which aren't on astro. ie Shocks,springs, camber links etc

Any advice would be appreciated:thumbsup:

As John said it can't be a full house of wet meetings as I thought round 4 at Coastal was dry all day too.

The weather is supposed to cheer up towards the end of the week and get warmer to so hopefully it will be dry.

As for setup a lot may depend on whether it is wet or dry. I didn't change anything on my 22 last time we were there as I felt the car needed to generate a lot of grip. Ended up running Dboots Multibytes on the rear and schumacher green mini spikes on the front and felt these were more consistent than the ballistics.
If it's dry I would imagine that going a bit thicker on the oils, a rate up on front spring and stagger ribs and schumacher yellow mini spike on the rear would be the place to start. Might also find that Ballistic Buggy Green spikes work quite well as the astro is quite long pile.

It would be worth the trip come rain or shine as the track is really good. Equally it's pretty open as to who will do well as it hasn't been raced on that much by anyone and I believe there have been some new features added since our last visit.

jimbobr5turbo 04-06-2012 06:08 PM

Hmm ok, round 4 was dry, but I felt a few drops!

Thanks for setup advice, long pile astro should be ok I think. I went to coventry last year where imo it was quite short and grip was aggressive and I was like a fish out of water lol.

Thicker oil and spring and lay the shocks down a bit to start with I think, but will there be practice???

JohnM 04-06-2012 07:22 PM

Weird, I didn't think Coventry had tons of grip, you should try Stotfold in the dry if you want to see amazing levels of grip:thumbsup:

As for practice, no idea, was last time so......

jcb 04-06-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbobr5turbo (Post 661366)
Hmm ok, round 4 was dry, but I felt a few drops!

Thanks for setup advice, long pile astro should be ok I think. I went to coventry last year where imo it was quite short and grip was aggressive and I was like a fish out of water lol.

Thicker oil and spring and lay the shocks down a bit to start with I think, but will there be practice???

The astro didn't appear to have as much grip as Coventry when comparing the two, although it was a long time ago I raced at Coventry.
Just my two pennies worth, I wouldn't always lay the shocks down if you have too much grip, sometime it makes the car stay too flat and gives little warning when it's going to tip over.

Not sure about practice, there was last time, but we need to have this EGM first.

jimbobr5turbo 04-06-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnM (Post 661394)
Weird, I didn't think Coventry had tons of grip, you should try Stotfold in the dry if you want to see amazing levels of grip:thumbsup:

As for practice, no idea, was last time so......

Probably my setup was generating to much roll and couldn't drive for toffee:blush:

Practice would be nice, does anyone have any insider knowledge of who's the stand in rep?

Did you do a bit of racing down at braxted today john?

jimbobr5turbo 04-06-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcb (Post 661413)
The astro didn't appear to have as much grip as Coventry when comparing the two, although it was a long time ago I raced at Coventry.
Just my two pennies worth, I wouldn't always lay the shocks down if you have too much grip, sometime it makes the car stay too flat and gives little warning when it's going to tip over.

Not sure about practice, there was last time, but we need to have this EGM first.

You're right Johnathan(?) Laying them down may be unwise.. could bite you in the ass :lol:

Benh 04-06-2012 08:50 PM

I do know that practice was restricted at Coastal and Colchester because of the weather and to protect the tracks. However, Boughton doesn't have that problem. I'm guessing there'll be practice but that decision will be made by Boughton. (Barry). I'm sure he'll be along soon to confirm or deny.

A race day itinerary we'll be emailed out before the weekend by your loyal custodians.

JohnM 04-06-2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbobr5turbo (Post 661419)

Did you do a bit of racing down at braxted today john?

I did indeed go there yesterday, good day it was to, although not many people turned up, weather was dry bar a light 5 min shower.

rcmodelweek 05-06-2012 04:28 PM

Hi chaps,

As JCB said the track has not been run on since the last regional, due to us not having time to organise anything, and with all the rain we had over the last month or so the entrance of the field became water logged. Therefore no one has had any practice and gained any sort of advantage.
There is one small added feature, but again due to the weather we have not had a chance to add the other feature we have lined up. Hopefully it will be in place for the start of our summer series.

As for practice, it will be an open track first thing on sunday morning whilst booking in, however, it will be a short practice session as we really need to get the EGM sorted before racing commences.

Im hoping the weather will be fine for sunday, as for those who have not driven the track in the dry, it is completely different!

If anyone intends to camp saturday night could they please let me know in advance. If not, gates will open 8am Sunday.

Thanks,
Barry.

spindles69 07-06-2012 07:57 PM

booked in

To whom it may concern,
Just looked on drivers list and i'm booked in for 2wd not for 4wd ,so could i be booked in for 4wd aswell please.I did book in but where i'm not racing the sc there's been a bit of a mix up.
Thanks Mick.

Dandare 07-06-2012 08:41 PM

Could somebody give directions to the venue starting from the Whittington r/about (just after the Murco garage on the left, caravan site on the right) plz ?

Many thanks :thumbsup:

Edit: If it's along Stoke Road (off the A134), then literally turn right into a field where the Boughton village sign is then i've found it !

Benh 07-06-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spindles69 (Post 662460)
To whom it may concern,
Just looked on drivers list and i'm booked in for 2wd not for 4wd ,so could i be booked in for 4wd aswell please.I did book in but where i'm not racing the sc there's been a bit of a mix up.
Thanks Mick.

All done;)

For future reference - Anyone who books in and changes their mind and want to add or stop a class, just rebook. It will overwrite your last request.

Leaving something UNTICKED says NO to that class, ticking it says YES. So if you entered on Monday for 2WD and SC but on Wednesday you wanted to do 2WD AND 4WD, tick both 2WD and 4WD boxes and resubmit.

Simples.:thumbsup:

rcmodelweek 08-06-2012 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dandare (Post 662482)
Could somebody give directions to the venue starting from the Whittington r/about (just after the Murco garage on the left, caravan site on the right) plz ?

Many thanks :thumbsup:

Edit: If it's along Stoke Road (off the A134), then literally turn right into a field where the Boughton village sign is then i've found it !

You've got it mate. There will be signs up Sunday morning.

spindles69 08-06-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benh (Post 662535)
All done;)

For future reference - Anyone who books in and changes their mind and want to add or stop a class, just rebook. It will overwrite your last request.

Leaving something UNTICKED says NO to that class, ticking it says YES. So if you entered on Monday for 2WD and SC but on Wednesday you wanted to do 2WD AND 4WD, tick both 2WD and 4WD boxes and resubmit.

Simples.:thumbsup:

Cheers Ben:),
I did cancel the short course before the last round at coastal,and added 2wd for the remaining rounds.I booked in for 4wd at the start of the season for all rounds.Obviously been a mix up somewhere down the line.
Cheers Mick.

markw 08-06-2012 09:16 PM

can someone tell me the post code to the track please .

Dandare 08-06-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markw (Post 662881)
can someone tell me the post code to the track please .

PE33 9BF (field entrance off Stoke Road) :thumbsup:

rcmodelweek 08-06-2012 09:55 PM

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...type=1&theater

Follow the link for heat listings for Sunday. PLEASE CHECK PT NUMBERS!!!!!
Check frequencies, and for those of you who do not have a pt number listed please contact me, as I do not have it on the list.
If you could check your details now it will help the day run smoothly on Sunday.
Thanks,
Barry.
See you all trackside! Fingers crossed the weather people are wrong! Again.

markw 09-06-2012 07:31 AM

thanks , wat time does the gates open tomorrow..