oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   BRCA 1/10th OFF ROAD - 2010 (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Round 2 - Robin Hood Raceway / York - 08/09 May 2010 (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43337)

emzy 04-05-2010 10:33 PM

Anyone passing through Sheffield on Friday afternoon? :D I can get to the M1 where Meadowhall (the big pretty shopping centre) is.

Jonesy 04-05-2010 11:59 PM

It's not that far on a train Em....... :p

It would have been the way I was going if I was coming on the Friday but the missus has stopped those plans, apparently I need to be at home as much as possible with a new born so travelling back on the Saturday night too!!!

emzy 05-05-2010 12:09 AM

I'm totally up for the train - it's the looooong walk after the train that I don't really fancy!

Is Retford the nearest train station? Or Worksop?

James 05-05-2010 07:33 AM

Hi Emz, Retford is closest but only by about a mile. They will be about 3 and 4 miles respectively :)

Danny McGee 06-05-2010 10:07 AM

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/...sp?zipcode=s81

Gay!

I dont want to get wet. Can we run it indoors instead :)

or Get rob to get a bigger tent ;) and we can race inside that.

GRIFF55 06-05-2010 10:18 AM

i love the big tent to race in idea!!!

Lindsay 06-05-2010 11:55 AM

RHR

Quote:

Originally Posted by emzy (Post 373838)
Anyone passing through Sheffield on Friday afternoon? :D I can get to the M1 where Meadowhall (the big pretty shopping centre) is.

I work near Meadowhall and will be passing about 12.30 and going to R H R before I go home. If any good send me a PM with a mobile if possible and I can pick up up. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lindsay

emzy 06-05-2010 01:57 PM

http://uk.weather.com/weather/10day-Worksop-UKXX0710

Sunny Friday and Sunday, showers on Saturday?

But it looks a wee bit chilllyyyy!

And thanks Lindsay, I've PM'd you. But thanks to classes I can't go that early :( But thanks anyway!

PaulMoody 06-05-2010 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emzy (Post 373838)

I will be going through Sheffield Friday late afternoon / evening. PM me your mobile if any use.

What time to you finish skool?

emzy 06-05-2010 02:47 PM

I've sent you a PM Paul! :D

James 06-05-2010 04:45 PM

Dont forget everyone we have the huge marquee again for pitting in, SAME SIZE AS LAST YEAR, so feel free to pit in there with your generator outside and add to a great atmosphere.

panch 06-05-2010 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smOkin (Post 374376)
Dont forget everyone we have the huge marquee again for pitting in, SAME SIZE AS LAST YEAR, so feel free to pit in there with your generator outside and add to a great atmosphere.

James

Does everyone leave there kit in there overnight ? is it secure or do you all load it back into cars until sunday ?

Saw the pic of the marquee was hoping it was the bar !! :thumbsup:

Belsten 06-05-2010 08:43 PM

I left mine in there last year, although I was a bit drunk :woot:

James 06-05-2010 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by panch (Post 374469)
James

Does everyone leave there kit in there overnight ? is it secure or do you all load it back into cars until sunday ?

Saw the pic of the marquee was hoping it was the bar !! :thumbsup:

The marquee will have open entrances all weekend, it will not be secure at all it is entirely racers choice if they want to risk it in there overnight. I'm sure tables and large items will be left overnight and as Dave says a few bits of kit :woot:. It's up to you! :)

Danny McGee 06-05-2010 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smOkin (Post 374479)
The marquee will have open entrances all weekend, it will not be secure at all it is entirely racers choice if they want to risk it in there overnight. I'm sure tables and large items will be left overnight and as Dave says a few bits of kit :woot:. It's up to you! :)

I left all my stuff there last year minus transmitter and cars. It was totally fine. I will probably be doing the same again this year :)

Hulk 06-05-2010 10:00 PM

You actually left your cars aswell :woot:

Remember me, Rich Lowe, Ben Riley, my bro and a some others having a few drinks on the table next to yours and seeing your cars.

Sure peoples stuff will be safe left overnight but i personally wouldnt risk leaving your expensive equipment.

simoncrabb 07-05-2010 06:37 PM

Windy at RHR, I've started my blog post already...

http://rclazy.com/2010/05/07/robin-h...tional-series/

I've got a decent 3G signal here, so will try to update throughout the weekend.

David Church 10-05-2010 05:54 PM

A HUGE thanks to RHR and crew for a great meeting!!! All your hard work was certainly noticable!!! The track was in great shape!!!
And thanks to the BRCA for running another meeting!!!!
Also a big thanks to the guys I pitted with all weekend, Trishbits, Mong Springer, and Mr Grumpy Southwell:thumbsup:

David Church 10-05-2010 07:14 PM

I also wanted to say what a pleasure it was to commentate on such great A finals both days!!! Well done to Tom and Lee, and what a good race Bradders gave Lee eh?
These guys were unbelievable:thumbsup:

Smartalec 11-05-2010 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Church (Post 375605)
A HUGE thanks to RHR and crew for a great meeting!!! All your hard work was certainly noticable!!! The track was in great shape!!!
And thanks to the BRCA for running another meeting!!!!
Also a big thanks to the guys I pitted with all weekend, Trishbits, Mong Springer, and Mr Grumpy Southwell:thumbsup:

Don't forget all the other people that pitted with us all weekend ......... Grant, Mike, Ross, Nick, Nicholas, Holly and Robin Schumacher ........... they were in the tent longer than I was :woot: