oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Bodies / HPI (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   owners thought on cyber 10b (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36165)

Timee80 18-12-2009 10:21 AM

owners thought on cyber 10b

i think a few of you have bought this buggy now. What do you think to it? How much do you need to spend to make it competitive? Look great for price and take stick packs. Is it as good as bmax?
Cheers

Dave Dodd 18-12-2009 11:39 AM

addition to above

as the question above with what is it like at club level out the box?

panch 18-12-2009 03:04 PM

I have been running the Cyber since the end of last season and through the midlands astro master this winter and the car is impressive for the money...

It does come as a club style kit and you can buy a few options which are not necessary but can help..

My lad also runs a Cyber but kit standard and his performances and results have improved dramatically so he is pleased with it also..

As for comparing it to the BMax, out of the box the Yokomo has a higher spec but then the price reflects it, the optional upgrades are not overly neccessary as mentioned but I would say that the slipper is the main thing to get.

Performance wise I cant really compare to the Yokomo as the only one Ive seen locally is in the hands of Tom Yardy and not many can perform that well regardless of car !!

In a non biased view, for me the car handles fantastically and it has been wet recently so when the grip is up in the summer this will I hope improve my times further :thumbsup:

Side by side the cars are based around the same sort of geometry so i imagine Tom for example could drive a Cyber as well as his Yokomo..

Hope that helps

Lee

EDIT: Timee80 I see that your from Worksop, Im up there this sunday for the Schumacher series if you want to come and take a look at the buggy in the flesh

Timee80 18-12-2009 07:54 PM

that would be good mate. Ill come over and have a look when i find you. Cheers

jon kedge 20-12-2009 06:04 PM

cyber 10

I race a new cyber 10 at the mam series in the mid west and for the money it can race against cars twice as expensive out of the box without any mods.All i have upgraded is the slipper clutch and roll bars,ballraced the steering thats it.But these aren't really needed for club racing it's just that i race a 6.5 brushless and my local shop is a hpi dealer.For the money ( £122 from dinball on e-bay)it's a good forgiving car to drive. sealed drive train and very close fitting shell so no crud gets inside.Highly recommend one.

Smuffy 30-01-2010 01:04 PM

On a further note, anyone else strip out half the hex screws while building it? :rolleyes: It'll be a good excuse for the Ti screw set, I guess.

I did have a serious question for owners though, any thoughts on the amount of power it should be able to withstand. Right now I have it plugged with an old Speed Gems Topaz(11Tx3) but I was considering swapping to a lower turn brushless. However I'm worried about the drivetrain. Putting it together, I was a bit up in the air about whether or not it would take a hotter motor. Anyone with a high powered setup care to post their experience?

wes 30-01-2010 07:12 PM

Not sure out the box but with the slipper fitted there more than capable of handling 5.5/6.5 brushless and lipo power on high grip surfaces.

telboy 30-01-2010 08:21 PM

Didn't strip any screws when I built mine last year. You must have a dodgy driver.

I ran a 5.5 in mine all year andit went fine. No overheating issues and no drivetran issues. :)

bert digler 30-01-2010 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telboy (Post 338053)
Didn't strip any screws when I built mine last year. You must have a dodgy driver.

I ran a 5.5 in mine all year andit went fine. No overheating issues and no drivetran issues. :)

agreed buy a decent driver:)

langers 30-01-2010 09:54 PM

i had the same issue with the screws the screws allen holes a slightly over size an can be rounded when fitting some of the longer screws upgrade screw set and slipper are the first upgrades and if you are using a high power motor ensure you mesh the prop drive gears to diff gears tight (not binding)or under load can slip/strip

Smuffy 06-02-2010 01:37 PM

Thanks for all the replies people! I did recently pick up a set of drivers to replace the pre-packaged ones I had been using. It was a pain to find a set with the sizes I needed, but they do seem to make the threading much smoother. And as for the upgrades, the Ti screws are out of stock but I do have a slipper and some anodized pieces on the way to add to my front one-way and suspension upgrades. :D