oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   BRCA 1/10th OFF ROAD - 2012 (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Camping at 2012 nationals (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89031)

JACKOR33 29-12-2011 09:28 AM

Camping at 2012 nationals

So it'll be my first year of nationals this season and i was wondering which tracks on the calender have camping and which dont?
Doing hotels at every event would be nice...... but not sure my budget will stretch that far:cry:

Thanks in advance for any help:thumbsup:

chris68nufc 29-12-2011 09:33 AM

You can camp at every event....it's normally a small charge of a fiver a night or something!

Normally a good atmosphere on the Saturday night!

What F rating are you?

JACKOR33 29-12-2011 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris68nufc (Post 599992)
You can camp at every event....it's normally a small charge of a fiver a night or something!

Normally a good atmosphere on the Saturday night!

What F rating are you?

Thanks for the info, that means i can buy more tyres and beers for each event now:woot::thumbsup:

I presume you can camp fridays before the event aswell?, Driving from sunny south wales means at least a 2.5hr drive to any event:o

I acheived an F2 Licence from my regionals ready for nationals, i did TalyRain last year as a reserve and got to race both 2 and 4wd and really enjoyed it:D

James 29-12-2011 11:43 AM

Camping is available at Robin Hood Raceway, there is plenty of space, you do not need to book, there is a nominal fee of £1 or £2.

We are providing a 4000sqft marquee as always for FREE indoor pitting, there will be 240v available in here - there is a charge of £5 per person for the weekend to use this.

We have a toilet block with sinks and drinking water, we do not have showers onsite but there is a large MOTO services at Blyth (1.5 miles away) who do have good, modern showers open to the public (manly lorry drivers who have parked up use them).

We have excellent caterers who will be there from friday lunch time serving the normal bacon rolls chips, but also a proper sunday dinner (lamb or chicken with yorkshire pudding, roast potatoes etc) on the sunday, there will be also chile, curry, a bbq etc, the caterers really are excellent.

There is a coop in Blyth also and supermarkets in Retford (3.5 Miles), anything else just ask myself or one of the other organisers.

axeman 10-01-2012 08:33 PM

whats the deal with caravans??
I have been told I need to book my van in and have valid insurance.
when can I get this done?

Dudders 10-01-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axeman (Post 605519)

Geek hat on:

What van do you have?

Geek hat off:

DCM 10-01-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

They make vans suitable for your physique Steve :O :thumbsup: :lol:

matthew 10-01-2012 10:46 PM

I know this will sound prity stupid to some people but if you dont know then you got to ask :confused:. Can any body attend the nationals?

Rich D 10-01-2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthew (Post 605622)
I know this will sound prity stupid to some people but if you dont know then you got to ask :confused:. Can any body attend the nationals?

In theory any BRCA member F5 or above can compete. There are limited places though and places are offered to F1's first then F2 and so on. I have only completed one season of nationals. Drivers were mostly f1 and f2 with a smaller number of f3. Don't recall seeing any f4 or f5. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but this is my understanding of it.

HTH

axeman 11-01-2012 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dudders (Post 605530)
Geek hat on:

What van do you have?

Geek hat off:

to be honest not sure. bought it for £150 but it is worth £1000 as I've been informed. it's says aluette on the side.
she's a five birth with casette toilet (thats caravan geek talk) think it's a 19footer.

two double beds well single to me.

axeman 11-01-2012 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthew (Post 605622)

matt prob best you do this summers regionals and attend some of the larger events like oople and get your head around what nationals are all about.

that will also get you a better F licence ready for nationals in 2013

not trying to put you off. I spent two summers realy trying to get my head around 1/10th racing, and i'm still very slow compared to 70% of the national drivers and they just keep getting quicker.

MatJohnson 11-01-2012 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich D (Post 605633)
Don't recall seeing any f4 or f5. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but this is my understanding of it.

HTH

There are a few of us who get in on the lower grades. I managed to compete in 4 rounds last year being an F4 so it is possible.

Mainly those came off the reserve list though. If you don't enter, you can't expect to get in :)

James 11-01-2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Do you mean in general or at RHR?

I would suggest contacting each site directly so you know they will have room for you, Stotfold for instance I believe has limited space for caravans..?

GRIFF55 11-01-2012 11:20 AM

Think you have to book for kiddy too. I'm sure it usually tells you if booking needed on the entry forms.