oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   North East (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   TRCC NE Indoor Off-Road Series Event + "The Aces" (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16486)

Glenn Atterton 01-12-2008 04:29 AM

TRCC NE Indoor Off-Road Series Event R3 + "The Aces"

To be held on 14th Dec 2008 at

Northfield Sportsdrome
Thames Road
Billingham
TS22 5EG
venue map here

DOORS open @ 08:00

There are 6 or so disabled driver bays closest to the entrance doors.

Please don't park in them. Leave them for those that need them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jane (Post 185232)
HI EVERYONE

JUST TO LET YOU ALL KNOW THAT NORTHFIELD SPORTSDROME IS WITHIN SCHOOL GROUNDS........ SO THERE WILL BE A NO SMOKING POLICY WITHIN THE GROUNDS ....... GLAD TO SEE THAT YOU ARE ALL PULLING TOGETHER AND HELPING EACH OTHER OUT WITH 12V......IT WOULD BE A SHAME TO MISS THIS EVENT......SEE YOU ALL SUNDAY.........

IF ANY OF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HELP SET UP THE TRACK PLEASE MEET US AT THE VENUE ON SATURDAY AT 3:45 .... WE WILL BE THERE UNTIL APPROX. 5:45 AS THE SPORTSDROME CLOSES AT 6:00

THANKS
JANE

Quote:

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING :-
There will be no hot food, only drinks, crisps, sweets etc. Vending machines at venue and also McDonalds is 5 minutes drive away.

http://www.oople.com/forums/images/icons/icon13.gif
Can everyone bring a 12v battery (in a leak proof container) or means of charging, as we do not have a power supply in the hall other than for the computer.

Driving directions to Sportsdrome
Google says,
Quote:

These directions are for planning purposes only. You may find that construction projects, traffic, weather, or other events may cause conditions to differ from the map results, and you should plan your route accordingly. You must obey all signs or notices regarding your route.
Driving directions to Sportsdrome from the South
4.8 mi – about 10 mins

1. Head north on A19 2.5 mi
2. Take the A1027 exit 0.2 mi
3. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto A1027 0.4 mi
4. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Wolviston Rd
Go through 1 roundabout 1.1 mi
5. Take the ramp 0.2 mi
6. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Thames Rd 0.4 mi
7. Turn right 463 ft
8. Map from South
9. Leaving for the South

Driving directions to Sportsdrome from the North
3.7 mi – about 8 mins

1. Head south on A19 1.0 mi
2. Slight left toward King's Rd
Go through 1 roundabout 2.0 mi
3. Turn right at King's Rd 39 ft
4. Turn right at Wolviston Rd 223 ft
5. Take the ramp 0.2 mi
6. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Thames Rd 0.4 mi
7. Turn right 463 ft
8. Map from North
9. Leaving for the North

Driving directions to Sportsdrome from the M1
10.2 mi – about 17 mins

1. Head southeast on A689 / Go through 1 roundabout 2.9 mi
2. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto A177/Stockton Rd
Continue to follow A177 4.1 mi
3. Slight left at Wynyard Rd 2.5 mi
4. Slight right at Sandy Ln 0.5 mi
5. Continue on Thames Rd 0.2 mi
6. Turn left 463 ft
7. Map from M1

Quote:

Originally Posted by sosidge (Post 183915)
Now the best way to make use of Glenn's map is to click his marker for the entrance and get directions from your own postcode, that will give you a route.

:thumbsup:

map to food / shops / petrol here

keep an eye out on the club website here for more news

Glenn Atterton 02-12-2008 03:46 AM

Quote:

Can everyone bring a 12v battery (in a leak proof container) or means of charging, as we do not have a power supply in the hall other than for the computer.

:woot::o

That's me down to one class then if my battery's any use that is. If not I'm out :(

Northy 02-12-2008 09:07 AM

That's me probably not coming :thumbdown:

G

bigred5765 02-12-2008 09:23 AM

i think that will reduce the amount of people come, we wont even look at a event unless it has electric,

Lee 02-12-2008 09:24 AM

And the clash clash, so there is another 6 not coming :o

footey 02-12-2008 09:28 AM

i wont be there as no battery:(

sosidge 02-12-2008 09:32 AM

Makes it difficult for me too... haven't owned a 12V for racing since about 1990... :(

Lindsay 02-12-2008 10:15 AM

Whats the chance of generators being run. Not many indoor meetings that do not have enough electric these days. I think as others that this will deter a lot of drivers coming. I know we do not have a battery for charging off.

Chrislong 02-12-2008 10:21 AM

Please cancel my entry, I am going to the Race of Champions at Wembley. Although even if I wasn't, I wouldn't be able to come with no 240v - not buying a 12v for one meeting, sorry.

Mike Hudson 02-12-2008 10:23 AM

the average 12v battery doesn't last long either :(

Richard Lowe 02-12-2008 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Hudson (Post 183519)

I've had mine well over 10 years and it lasts a national weekend easy :p

It might even be longer than that, I remember using it back at Aire Valley!

johnboy 02-12-2008 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Hudson (Post 183519)

:confused: silly comment.

northy sorry about being unable to make the last round but will be at teeside . shame the old place has gone i enjoyed racing there.

rcracer 02-12-2008 10:49 AM

Sorry will have to cancel my entry also..

Lee 02-12-2008 10:50 AM

BLOODY HELL THIS DOES NOT LOOK GOOD :confused: :(

Chrislong 02-12-2008 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnboy (Post 183525)
:confused: silly comment.

Why is it? :( Mike would need to buy a 12v for one event only, so there is no point in buying one. If he did, it'd likely be a cheap one which I have experience of lasting a few meetings only then they just don't hold charge. Unless spending more on a Gel battery or a Leisure battery, but then - its for 1 meeting only, whats the point.

Its a shame, but we've all been spoilt - up til probably 3-4 years ago I only ever charged from 12v, never had 240v available. Now I still have the 12v's but they're dead, so outdoors I either charge from Generator or from my full scale car 12v (rare), indoors we just take it for granted that 240v is available.

We should be grateful somebody told us though.

rcracer 02-12-2008 11:21 AM

I agree we take it for granted chris that there is a power supply and agree we have been given notice now, if i still ran nimh in my car i would have charged them the night before.

Mike Hudson 02-12-2008 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Lowe (Post 183522)
I've had mine well over 10 years and it lasts a national weekend easy :p

It might even be longer than that, I remember using it back at Aire Valley!

Yours must be turbo charged or something! :woot: The the two i've had and given up with barely lasted 2 or 3 months and only lasted 3 or 4 full charges before they were drained and needed charging again :( Buying another for one event not knowing if it will last the day or not that will just be left aside never to be used again just isn't justified :( Will most likely still be going but not sure how i will last the day without a reliable power source to charge from unless i can resurect a battery from the dead :eh?:

N7ELA 02-12-2008 02:17 PM

You can buy a 110 Amphour leisure battery for £70. If you get a maintenance free one like I did you dont have to top it up with demin water or mess about loosening caps while charging. Mine came with a 2 year warranty.

A 110 Ah battery will allow you to pull ten amps for about ten hours. If you charge at 5 amps and it takes an hour to charge then you'll get 20 charges out of 1 battery. It will easily last a weekend, or even a day with 2 or 3 people charging off it.

What did everyone do at York because the power was off more than it was on. I had to switch to a battery otherwise I wouldn't have been charged...

rcracer 02-12-2008 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N7ELA (Post 183581)
You can buy a 110 Amphour leisure battery for £70. If you get a maintenance free one like I did you dont have to top it up with demin water or mess about loosening caps while charging. Mine came with a 2 year warranty.

A 110 Ah battery will allow you to pull ten amps for about ten hours. If you charge at 5 amps and it takes an hour to charge then you'll get 20 charges out of 1 battery. It will easily last a weekend, or even a day with 2 or 3 people charging off it.

What did everyone do at York because the power was off more than it was on. I had to switch to a battery otherwise I wouldn't have been charged...

we juggled the power about into differant sockets until it was stable, sorry to dissapoint you in not been able to attend now but myself and my son have no means of charging other than a power supply that we use indoor and a genny outdoor.

Lee 02-12-2008 02:27 PM

I used an extension that didnt trip.

I think the point people are making is that they dont want to spend £70 for 25 mins of racing :)