oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Race Chat (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Does anyone know MX5king AKA smithy (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156279)

TimMac 02-09-2014 06:39 AM

Does anyone know MX5king AKA smithy

Do you You know this person?
Thomas smithins who lives in stoke,his user name is Mx5king
Aka smithy and uses the email address mx5lolza@outlook.com
As far as I know he runs buggies

I posted a wanted add to which he replied saying he had the rc gear I wanted
The last message I had from him (19/8/14)was that he'd received payment and he would post the items next day.
After numerous messages and sent emails i have had no response and the items have not turned up
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Col 02-09-2014 08:50 PM

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps93fbf8e5.jpg

He's on a static IP that's registered to Orange UK (broadband) in Stoke. No-one else has ever used that I.P on oOple.

TBH everything about this screams scam.

Aire valley 02-09-2014 09:46 PM

If you paid by "normal" Paypal, I would open a dispute and get your money back..

Peakey 02-09-2014 10:12 PM

I spoke to Tim today about this and unfortunately in his own words "I stupidly paid as a gift". And it wasn't a massive amount but it's still his hard earned and some waster has got away with it again.

Col 03-09-2014 07:59 PM

For what little it's worth I removed trader access from mx5 as soon as I saw Tim's post (around 24hrs ago) and sent him a PM. But as he's not been online...

Quote:

I stupidly paid as a gift
means that technically (in the eyes of both the law and paypal) mx5 has done absolutely nothing wrong.

Peakey 03-09-2014 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Col (Post 874665)
means that technically (in the eyes of both the law and paypal) mx5 has done absolutely nothing wrong.

But we all know he has

Col 03-09-2014 09:05 PM

Indeed we do

Peakey 03-09-2014 09:36 PM

Is there nothin that can be done ? Other than banning him. An address from somewhere or anything?

Danny Harrison 03-09-2014 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peakey (Post 874684)
Is there nothin that can be done ? Other than banning him. An address from somewhere or anything?

Its very possible to track him down with the static ip but you need a court order, some clever hacking (socially and technically). Or by knowing someone on the inside (at orange) with access to this information.

I think I'd mess with him at the very least and give him a scare with some hacking.

Edit, I don't condone hacking, It can cause rude awakenings via water poured on the head!

TimMac 04-09-2014 06:59 AM

Good will,gentlemans agreement,I sent him money in good faith
Which as the messages would prove a deal was agreed any judge would uphold that
Just the same as a service performed like washed windows/car
De weeded garden the only difference is we havnt been face to face......yet
Hey col can you tell if he's been on since but not logged in?

FrogPrince82 04-09-2014 11:27 AM

PayPal cannot help as because it was a gift payment it falls outside of their payment protection guarantee.

But, if the payment was funded from your Bank or Credit Card, the payment funding option you choose when making a payment via PayPal, you should still be able to get your money returned to you. You would need to speak to your Bank or Credit Card provider and ask to initial a Charge Back, then they will be able to look into getting your money back due to non-receipt of items.

PayPal don't advertise this very freely as they obviously want you to pay their charges for the guarantee service, and they are charged by the banks for each completed Charge Bank due to transactions placed via their service.

This does depend upon your Bank's or Credit Card's customer guarantee service agreement, and the funding source you chose on PayPal when making the payment to him. But most Banks and Credit Cards are pretty good and cover for a significant amount of time after the transaction date, so worth a call to them.

Col 04-09-2014 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimMac (Post 874708)
Hey col can you tell if he's been on since but not logged in?

Can't tell I'm afraid. All I can say is his IP is still unique to that username (ie - no-one else has used that address to create an account, or post from an existing account)

Candyman 05-09-2014 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimMac (Post 874708)
Just the same as a service performed like washed windows/car
De weeded garden ............

You'd pay for that upfront aswell?

daz75 06-09-2014 10:32 AM

If suggest all of you who have been conned (seems there is another thread too) go to police station with the info including the static ip so they at least have it on record because he's probably doing it on other forums too

Col 07-09-2014 08:41 PM

I am sick of pricks like this ruining my karma...
Someone go round his house and kick his face in.

Thomas Smithy
3 Franklyn St
Stoke-on-trent, Staffordshire
st1 3hd
United Kingdom
Phone: +44 1782559564
smithytom89@outlook.com
It should prehaps be noted that this info is supplied (via another great oOple member) to me from an unverified paypal account.

I'm also sick of paypal "gift". I've said it until I'm blue in the face, and paypal tells you too... Gift is for giving money to friends and family only

MikePimlott 07-09-2014 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Col (Post 875244)

:thumbsup:

Peakey 07-09-2014 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Col (Post 875244)

Quote of the day there :lol::thumbsup:

Ashlandchris 07-09-2014 09:09 PM

Sure it is a coincidence, but how ironic that his postcode is almost an anagram of

SH1T H3D

(I know that has 2 "h" while postcode only has 1)

Peakey 07-09-2014 09:11 PM

And the phone numbers not in use :thumbdown:

Col 07-09-2014 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peakey (Post 875258)
And the phone numbers not in use :thumbdown:

I struggled to find 3 Franklyn St too. Google seems to thing that odd numbers of that street start at 15.