oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Robinhood Raceway (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Robin Hood Raceway Progress so far - Youtube vid (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24197)

James 17-05-2009 10:33 PM

Robin Hood Raceway Progress so far - Youtube vid

The grafters having a run round after a hard weekends track work ...

telboy 17-05-2009 10:40 PM

Looking pretty sweet there James.
Mind you it was looking good on saturday when I came to help out.
Was that vid taken today?
Or at previous days?

bigred5765 17-05-2009 10:41 PM

OMG guys that looks fur kin awsome,who's the lucky guy that recovers the car in the first shot,

blitzboy 17-05-2009 10:42 PM

wwwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww can t wait to come for a play now roll on the regional swwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeet , ill bring cake too :thumbsup:

ben 17-05-2009 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigred5765 (Post 242565)
OMG guys that looks fur kin awsome,who's the lucky guy that recovers the car in the first shot,

errr that'll be me :thumbsup: Who needs a cragg flick when you could perfect a jem flick...

ben 17-05-2009 10:44 PM

Im glad you edited the second shot aswell:lol:

SNAPPER!!!! it was full chat though...

bigred5765 17-05-2009 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben (Post 242567)
errr that'll be me :thumbsup: Who needs a cragg flick when you could perfect a jem flick...

lol jam ey flick lmao:woot:

buy the way great job on the video James, kinda makes me wanna come out of retirement and have a go myself,

James 17-05-2009 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telboy (Post 242564)
Looking pretty sweet there James.
Mind you it was looking good on saturday when I came to help out.
Was that vid taken today?
Or at previous days?

Yeh took it today, qualitys a bit crap as its my old digi-camera doh...
And it was actually soaking wet, doesnt look like it though :S

Track on the other hand is AWESOME if i do say so myself :lol:

ben 17-05-2009 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smOkin (Post 242570)
Track on the other hand is AWESOME if i do say so myself :lol:

Seconded:thumbsup:

telboy 17-05-2009 10:53 PM

It looks good with the cars going round. I've only seen it with 1/2 on it before. :)

Can't wait to come and help next time.
I'll have to bring my car. :)

Mike Hudson 17-05-2009 11:04 PM

That looks extremely good! Cannot wait to get down and race on it, if theres anymore work to do I'll try my best to persuade my dad to bring me down or sort my car insurance out finally as it's taking the p*** me not being able to come down to any of the work partys

Adam Skelding 18-05-2009 07:32 AM

Went up to the track for the first time in ages yesterday.

The job the RHR boys have done is AMAZING.:thumbsup:

Sooooo many different layouts possible, sooo much grip in the wet or dry, none of that slidy astroturf in the wet. At one point I didn't realise the track was wet as the covered rostrum :thumbsup:kept it off my head.

Jumps and bumps are super-sorted. The straight isn't quite bowling green flat (pi## take, I think you should've rolled it once more, pi## take). Changes in elevation just add to the track's AMEZZIN-NESS.

RHR-Possibly the best Off-Road track in the country....:wub

mark christopher 18-05-2009 08:50 AM

so what tyres we need for the regional then?

Northy 18-05-2009 09:59 AM

Mark, just the usual suspects seem to work.

I've got to say good job on the video James, but don't you think the size things like the bomb hole and banked corner look smaller on there than they are, also you don't really get a feel for all the height changes. :woot:

As some people probably know this track feels like my second child! :lol: BUT I really must thank the people that have been down to help on the work party days, especially the core team we have had down there - you guys know who you are ;)

Just some small jobs to do before the NE regional now, but unfortunately that looks like it'll be the first time it will get used in anger. :( Would like to see lots of people using it and enjoying it :)

Cheers,

G

mark christopher 18-05-2009 10:18 AM

g last time i raced outdoors was with a couger 2 when it was new, need some more info please

Mike Hudson 18-05-2009 11:15 AM

Schumacher minispike yellow compound for dry and green for damp or wet and Ballistic spikes green or pink compounds should work well in the wet too.

James 18-05-2009 11:19 AM

I havent run my car on it on the full track, but when i did run round partially i used last years old yellows, in the dry and there was stacks of grip..
I think they were all using an assortment of old tyres yesterday - yellows/greens, not sure if someone had ballistics and the track was absolutely wet through...

So basically i'd imagine in the dry - anything but perhaps lean towards yellows.
Wet - yellows/greens ... :confused: they looked to be fine

Im sure the others will be on here with comments later...

Lee 18-05-2009 11:32 AM

The track does look the nuts, well done to all involved :thumbsup:

I cant wait to give it a run at the regional, from the video alone i would say it looks as good as any UK track i have driven. :thumbsup:

Adam Skelding 18-05-2009 12:09 PM

I ran yellows all day yesterday.
Dry, damp and very wet.

They weren't even vaguely new.

ben 18-05-2009 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee (Post 242708)
I cant wait to give it a run at the regional

If you turn up......