oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vintage RC (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Lazer zxr (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26223)

isobarik 17-02-2020 12:35 AM

Nope arent they to long the 65,5 mm work fine in the front

I think its still possible to get wheels from Youre stockist otherwise there are alot of aftermarket wheels like jc and on ebay

Mvh iso

isobarik 17-02-2020 11:59 AM

I think the 68 is also possible but after that i think it is shot
La 231/232
Mvh Iso
https://www.jcracingproducts.co.uk/v...kyosho-5-spoke

Welshy40 18-02-2020 08:34 PM

You can do this but wider hexes can do the same with narrower wheels

Crashtest33 24-02-2020 02:44 PM

Ti Screws.

I want to run full Titanium hardware on my ZX-RS.
Ordered Ti hinge pins and turnbuckles from Lunsford Racing in the States.
Happy to order screws from them as well, but wondered if there was a European supplier who can beat them for price?
T-Works in Hong Kong seem reasonable too.

Welshy40 24-02-2020 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crashtest33 (Post 1009042)
I want to run full Titanium hardware on my ZX-RS.
Ordered Ti hinge pins and turnbuckles from Lunsford Racing in the States.
Happy to order screws from them as well, but wondered if there was a European supplier who can beat them for price?
T-Works in Hong Kong seem reasonable too.

If running those screws snap but bound to be a few who do. Have you looked on ebay or Amazon?

olefiloux 15-07-2020 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fathead (Post 993544)
1 cut, 1 to go

Hi guys. For which type of zx is it made for? Zx or R mk2?

Best regards.

isobarik 17-07-2020 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olefiloux (Post 1011231)
Hi guys. For which type of zx is it made for? Zx or R mk2?

Best regards.

Zx and zxr , mk2 uses an shorter motor plate and needs other holes so

Mvh iso

beale 27-03-2021 07:58 AM

ZXR ball diffs

Hi all, is it possible to build up ball diffs still? I've seen the pulleys, plates and rings at RW, Balls and thrust race should be easy enough,

isobarik 27-03-2021 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beale (Post 1013196)
Hi all, is it possible to build up ball diffs still? I've seen the pulleys, plates and rings at RW, Balls and thrust race should be easy enough,

it all comes down to the out drives there are other outdrives that ar right but have another number ,but they are also getting scarez.

i would do like this

buy new diff that requires 15*10 bearings then have them taken down the outdrives and fit 14*9 bearings since they are avaliable

otherwise use old diffs and machine them to RR diff specs, possible also but again an machenist is neaded

sorry for the bad spelling

mvh iso

beale 28-03-2021 06:51 AM

Thank you, so when you say other diff for 15*10 bearing, are you thinking ZX5 or other?

isobarik 29-03-2021 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beale (Post 1013201)
Thank you, so when you say other diff for 15*10 bearing, are you thinking ZX5 or other?

nope ill guess that the optima rerelease diffs fit but have not measure them regarding the diffwasher , so thats why the guess.

well look at it like this way the diff/washer have to fit with in the pulley.
im 99,9 % certain they fit within the pulley but i have not tested them.

regarding the width of the diff im certain it fits since the optima mid diff is the same as the lazer diff.

The diff for the zx5 are way to wide but then again can be modified to fit if you are handy in the lathe

damn im kind of wanting to buy an rerelease diff now:woot:

beale 12-04-2021 06:00 PM

I've looked into it and because the bearing is 14mm OD there isn't a bearing made 10mm ID, 14mm OD, the new optima gearbox moulding must of changed to take a 15mm bearing. Hopefully they re re the Mid and make a diff to suit or at least re make the hard to find parts. I managed to borrow a set of outdrives to copy so hopefully in the next week I'll be able to knock a few sets up.

isobarik 12-04-2021 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beale (Post 1013314)
I've looked into it and because the bearing is 14mm OD there isn't a bearing made 10mm ID, 14mm OD, the new optima gearbox moulding must of changed to take a 15mm bearing. Hopefully they re re the Mid and make a diff to suit or at least re make the hard to find parts. I managed to borrow a set of outdrives to copy so hopefully in the next week I'll be able to knock a few sets up.

yeah i know thats why i told you about the 14*9 bearings yeah since the modern use 15*10 bearings so if they make an re re mid they will use the same diffs ie 15*10 bearings, i would love kyosho if the rere the lazer it would be so fun

Welshy40 16-04-2021 07:02 AM

Buy the rere difs but you need to machine the washers to fit the diff gear, ive got the diffs and havent got around to finding someone to machine or grind them down. I think after that they should fit into the zxr

isobarik 27-04-2021 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welshy40 (Post 1013349)
Buy the rere difs but you need to machine the washers to fit the diff gear, ive got the diffs and havent got around to finding someone to machine or grind them down. I think after that they should fit into the zxr

well the bearing is wrong but otherwise ask pelle if you arent afraid ofm paying for shipping isnt it possible to enlarge the pulleys ??? or those the washer comes in the wrong place compared to the balls ???

Welshy40 01-05-2021 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isobarik (Post 1013521)
well the bearing is wrong but otherwise ask pelle if you arent afraid ofm paying for shipping isnt it possible to enlarge the pulleys ??? or those the washer comes in the wrong place compared to the balls ???

Meant the big diff rings