oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Batley Buggy Club (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Club Meeting - Sunday 15 April 2012 (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98564)

DianneH 14-04-2012 07:22 AM

Club Meeting - Sunday 15 April 2012

Just to confirm that the forecast is for dry weather on Sunday so we should be okay for the meeting.

The meetings we have had since the start of the outdoor season have been great. Many old, several new and 7 under 13's in one heat has given some good racing - let's hope we can keep it up. We had 5 heats the week before last, 6 heats last week - wonder how many this week?

Feedback from everyone at the meetings is very positive - well run meetings, great atmosphere, family orientated and lots of support from other drivers when needed.

It has also been mentioned that the standard of driving is good and having the likes of Craig, Richard, Wayne, John, Steve, Jimmy and many other good club drivers makes for a great meeting as all levels of drivers attend.

In the 1st round of the Club Championship, Craig and Richard took 99 points each last week - Richard taking the pole position and Craig winning the final. They are at the Stotfold National this weekend, so the A final win is within easier reach this week!

I would also like to say that the assistance from everyone before and after the meetings is great - everyone helping! Some of the members who usually set up the generator and other equipment were not here last week so others took on the task, so now even more know what the set up is and can get on with it rather than wondering what is needed to be done. Also, more drivers are getting involved with getting the hosing out and getting involved with setting up the track. At the end of the meeting last week it took no more than 5 minutes to get the track back in, all the equipment locked up and the doors locked! Fantastic! This is just what the club is about - everyone helping at each meeting. Great to see!

Arrive about 10 - 10.15 am for track preparation and then open practice. Four rounds and a final for the actual racing and finish by 4 pm so that you can get home and have the evening with the family.

Hope to see you tomorrow for another great meeting!

Dianne

AndyG 14-04-2012 08:38 AM

I'm there! See you all tomorrow.

:thumbsup:

nivek 14-04-2012 03:08 PM

not raced on grass for over 2o+ years .post code please ,oh set up for 2wd, tyres, springs. would be of help thanks

DianneH 14-04-2012 05:29 PM

Postcode WF15 6LW

Drivers will have to help with the other stuff - I am sure someone will reply to you.

AndyG 14-04-2012 05:44 PM

tyres - Schumacher Yellow Mini Spikes (Green if it rains!)

Springs etc - depends on what your car is - there are plenty of good setups for Batley online.

Andy G

neallewis 14-04-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyG (Post 644033)
tyres - Schumacher Yellow Mini Spikes (Green if it rains!)

Schumacher Yellow stagger ribs for 2wd front.

I can't make it tomorrow, but have a good day all.

Oscar 14-04-2012 11:02 PM

Yellow mini spikes all round is a safe bet. Staggers on the front is a good tuning option if you feel you have too much steering.
Most common springs in 2wd are blue front and silver rear when running Associated. I'm sure a quick Google will provide you with the equivalents from other manufacturers;)