oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Robinhood Raceway (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Do you guys have an indoor track as well? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53702)

Tempest501 15-09-2010 12:34 PM

Do you guys have an indoor track as well?

Hi Guys,

Trying to make a decision on whether to start racing Touring Cars or Buggys. Do you run an Indoor venue in the winter?

Many Thanks

James 15-09-2010 12:57 PM

Buggys Buggys Buggys !
Everyone on here will recommend you race off-road, much more fun and there are loads of tracks in the Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire/Lincolnshire/Yorkshire area.

The YORCC club who run most of the events at RHR have an indoor venue in York. www.yorcc.org.uk

Personally, I own the RHR track and am involved with running Worksop indoor racing. www.worksopraceway.com through the winter.

I have been working on building an indoor dirt track at the RHR venue for a long time, who knows when it could be, maybe next year :confused:

Tempest501 15-09-2010 01:18 PM

Sounds great, was worried about the winter months. Was thinking of getting a RTR AE b4.1, will this be ok? I am totally new to this sort of thing really no experience of building. Going to have to learn as i go along =D (at teh young age of 29 lol).

i can be quite shy too but hopefully will overcome this.

James 15-09-2010 01:35 PM

Yes, the RTR B4.1 is about the perfect first car and a great platform to learn and upgrade from :)

brooksy 15-09-2010 03:35 PM

I'm with James on this one,buggys all the way!. Were racing at robin hood raceway(rhr) tonight if you can make it,you can find directions on the rhr forum on here. Come down and introduce yourself and in sure people will make you welcome. :thumbsup:

Tempest501 16-09-2010 12:30 PM

Cant make it tonight , I just moved from Bournemouth and wife has me on furniture building tonight =C

What is your normal schedule?

I have no buggy as yet but was going to pop along to visit your track and batley before purchasing.

Ty for all the info

brooksy 16-09-2010 06:48 PM

They have started running every Wednesday evening(get there about 5 for setup and practice,then start racing 6.30). I think they're running as long as the weather stays good. We now have flood lights when it goes dark.:thumbsup:

Tempest501 16-09-2010 09:36 PM

Damn thats a shame as I dont get out of The Airport till 5.30 at Leeds, any weekends racing planned for the outdoor or indoor tracks?

brooksy 17-09-2010 10:54 AM

We will be running indoors at Worksop from October,it's the Schumacher indoor series. You have to pre-book for it though. It would be good for you to come down and take a look as you get to see just about every 1/10 off road buggy that's out there,and just about all the best drivers in the country aswell!.
It runs all day so you can have a wander around and have a chat.

Don't know where your living but you could check out the West bridgeford and Broxtowe(Both in Nottingham) forums on here aswell, the run pretty much most weekends through the winter.

Tempest501 17-09-2010 11:28 AM

I live in Menston near Leeds I think Worksop would be about an hours drive.

Whats are the dates and times? Also fo you need to prebook if just coming for a wander round. Doubt if I will feel upto racing yet as have to practise staying on a track first I guess because everyone keeps telling me not to give up as its a struggle at first lol.

footey 17-09-2010 12:09 PM

if u live in leeds york isnt to far away and they run when the schools are on

brooksy 17-09-2010 02:01 PM

No, no need to book in to have a look round. First round is Sunday October 10th. If you look on Worksop forum you'll find dirctions. Maybe for your local club you would be better off at York, Keighley or Batley.

Tempest501 17-09-2010 03:03 PM

Yeah gonna take a look at batley on sunday but will prob end up visiting you guys as well if I get teh bug for it, which I think I will.

Think i might buy a B4.1 RTR this weekend so hopefully I wont wreck it before i get to test it on a track lol

brooksy 17-09-2010 03:20 PM

Can't go wrong with a b4. Spares availablity is very good. Quite cheap aswell. A good place for spares is on the for sale section on here. Always somebody selling something.

footey 17-09-2010 03:23 PM

also for spares or even buying the car itself go see mike at MB models which is in the same city u live the link to his shop is in bottom of my posts